Hindi Diwas celebrated locally
|Photo courtesy of Anoop Kapoor|
Anoop Kapoor, president of IHA NE Ohio, presided over the board meeting before kicking off the celebrations for Hindi Diwas. The meeting was followed by a tour of a Hindi exhibition, which highlighted the contribution by IHA toward the promotion of Hindi.
During the meeting, Kapoor presented the report and accomplishments of the association so far in this year. He highlighted a successful Hasya Kavi Sammelan organized by IHA earlier in the year in April in Bamboo Garden in Cleveland. Several poets from India were invited in that Kavi Sammelan. The event was sold out and was attended by more than 300 people.
Kapoor also highlighted the Star Talk 2013 event held in the Akron/Cleveland area for the first time under the IHA NE Ohio banner. Kiran Khaitan lead the efforts and acquired a federal grant under the National Language Security Initiative instituted by then-President George W. Bush.
Kapoor also presented the financial report stating the revenue in the past year exceeded the expenses, resulting in a positive cash flow.
Office bearers for 2014-15 were elected as follows: Ajay Chadda as president, Ashok Khandelwal as vice president, Padam Bansal as secretary and Veena Bhan as treasurer. Chadda later presented his plans for next two years.
Participants in the day’s events are shown above.
More Community News
- State Route 18 projects to begin in summer
- Copley’s Winterfest puts fun on ice
- APS exploring funds for waiting building projects
- Richfield Council delays water tower vote
- West Side News & Notes
- County Council committee chairs questioned
- Akron City Council evaluates capital budget
- Fairlawn mayor calls city’s financial condition ‘sound’
- Norton looking to sink sewer costs
- Falls Council reappoints member to library board
- Bath trustees approve sale of fire department vehicle
- Peninsula Council on third try makes quorum for meeting
- Copley exploring contract with single trash hauler
- Richfield trustees approve fire/EMS contract
- Granger trustees hear presentation on fire prevention
- County Council opposing pipeline
- Cub Scouts get creative for Chariot Races
- Coventry goes with reduced ballot issue
- Norton gives final State of the City address
- Council considers Tudor House addition
- Springfield trustees approve application for Spartan Trail
- Local blood drives
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Artsmash - 1/30/2015
- Drop-In Exercise - 1/30/2015
- Animal Tales - 1/30/2015
- Voices in the Valley: David Mayfield Bluegrass Parade - 1/30/2015
- A New Beginning - 1/31/2015