Hindi Diwas celebrated locally
|Photo courtesy of Anoop Kapoor|
Anoop Kapoor, president of IHA NE Ohio, presided over the board meeting before kicking off the celebrations for Hindi Diwas. The meeting was followed by a tour of a Hindi exhibition, which highlighted the contribution by IHA toward the promotion of Hindi.
During the meeting, Kapoor presented the report and accomplishments of the association so far in this year. He highlighted a successful Hasya Kavi Sammelan organized by IHA earlier in the year in April in Bamboo Garden in Cleveland. Several poets from India were invited in that Kavi Sammelan. The event was sold out and was attended by more than 300 people.
Kapoor also highlighted the Star Talk 2013 event held in the Akron/Cleveland area for the first time under the IHA NE Ohio banner. Kiran Khaitan lead the efforts and acquired a federal grant under the National Language Security Initiative instituted by then-President George W. Bush.
Kapoor also presented the financial report stating the revenue in the past year exceeded the expenses, resulting in a positive cash flow.
Office bearers for 2014-15 were elected as follows: Ajay Chadda as president, Ashok Khandelwal as vice president, Padam Bansal as secretary and Veena Bhan as treasurer. Chadda later presented his plans for next two years.
Participants in the day’s events are shown above.
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Evening Retirement Series - 3/10/2014
- Anchoring - 3/10/2014
- A Far Cry with Matt Haimovitz - 3/11/2014
- Mudcakes - 3/11/2014
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 3/12/2014