Hindi Diwas celebrated locally
|Photo courtesy of Anoop Kapoor|
Anoop Kapoor, president of IHA NE Ohio, presided over the board meeting before kicking off the celebrations for Hindi Diwas. The meeting was followed by a tour of a Hindi exhibition, which highlighted the contribution by IHA toward the promotion of Hindi.
During the meeting, Kapoor presented the report and accomplishments of the association so far in this year. He highlighted a successful Hasya Kavi Sammelan organized by IHA earlier in the year in April in Bamboo Garden in Cleveland. Several poets from India were invited in that Kavi Sammelan. The event was sold out and was attended by more than 300 people.
Kapoor also highlighted the Star Talk 2013 event held in the Akron/Cleveland area for the first time under the IHA NE Ohio banner. Kiran Khaitan lead the efforts and acquired a federal grant under the National Language Security Initiative instituted by then-President George W. Bush.
Kapoor also presented the financial report stating the revenue in the past year exceeded the expenses, resulting in a positive cash flow.
Office bearers for 2014-15 were elected as follows: Ajay Chadda as president, Ashok Khandelwal as vice president, Padam Bansal as secretary and Veena Bhan as treasurer. Chadda later presented his plans for next two years.
Participants in the day’s events are shown above.
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014