Hindi Diwas celebrated locally
|Photo courtesy of Anoop Kapoor|
Anoop Kapoor, president of IHA NE Ohio, presided over the board meeting before kicking off the celebrations for Hindi Diwas. The meeting was followed by a tour of a Hindi exhibition, which highlighted the contribution by IHA toward the promotion of Hindi.
During the meeting, Kapoor presented the report and accomplishments of the association so far in this year. He highlighted a successful Hasya Kavi Sammelan organized by IHA earlier in the year in April in Bamboo Garden in Cleveland. Several poets from India were invited in that Kavi Sammelan. The event was sold out and was attended by more than 300 people.
Kapoor also highlighted the Star Talk 2013 event held in the Akron/Cleveland area for the first time under the IHA NE Ohio banner. Kiran Khaitan lead the efforts and acquired a federal grant under the National Language Security Initiative instituted by then-President George W. Bush.
Kapoor also presented the financial report stating the revenue in the past year exceeded the expenses, resulting in a positive cash flow.
Office bearers for 2014-15 were elected as follows: Ajay Chadda as president, Ashok Khandelwal as vice president, Padam Bansal as secretary and Veena Bhan as treasurer. Chadda later presented his plans for next two years.
Participants in the day’s events are shown above.
More Community News
- Minus kitchen, shelter will feed residents
- Revere students schooled on financial literacy
- Travel expenses spur Akron City Council discussion
- Copley survey results to guide development
- West Side News & Notes
- Norton celebrates upgraded bond rating
- Four to seek vacant Norton City Council seat
- Sharon Post Office to host Passport Fair
- Council delays vote on repairs to downtown decks
- Peninsula Council honors resident
- Boston trustees discuss new speed limit law
- Council considers rezoning request on West Streetsboro Road
- Trustees OK agreement for Southern Road property
- Granger property owner addresses BZA ruling
- Police seeking help with burglaries
- Green Middle School assisting students in need
- Coventry district presents report on open enrollment
- Coventry closes door to new gaming establishments
- South Side News & Notes
- Even without kitchen, shelter will feed residents
Calendar of Events
- Verb Ballets: “Works Reimagined: Continuing the Legacy of Heinz Poll”; “Carnival of the Animals” - 2/19/2017
- Akron Baroque and Singers Companye - 2/19/2017
- Pinterest Projects: Succulents - 2/19/2017
- “Pete’s Dragon” - 2/20/2017
- Friends of the Maltz Museum’s Presidents’ Day Celebration - 2/20/2017