Hindi Diwas celebrated locally
|Photo courtesy of Anoop Kapoor|
Anoop Kapoor, president of IHA NE Ohio, presided over the board meeting before kicking off the celebrations for Hindi Diwas. The meeting was followed by a tour of a Hindi exhibition, which highlighted the contribution by IHA toward the promotion of Hindi.
During the meeting, Kapoor presented the report and accomplishments of the association so far in this year. He highlighted a successful Hasya Kavi Sammelan organized by IHA earlier in the year in April in Bamboo Garden in Cleveland. Several poets from India were invited in that Kavi Sammelan. The event was sold out and was attended by more than 300 people.
Kapoor also highlighted the Star Talk 2013 event held in the Akron/Cleveland area for the first time under the IHA NE Ohio banner. Kiran Khaitan lead the efforts and acquired a federal grant under the National Language Security Initiative instituted by then-President George W. Bush.
Kapoor also presented the financial report stating the revenue in the past year exceeded the expenses, resulting in a positive cash flow.
Office bearers for 2014-15 were elected as follows: Ajay Chadda as president, Ashok Khandelwal as vice president, Padam Bansal as secretary and Veena Bhan as treasurer. Chadda later presented his plans for next two years.
Participants in the day’s events are shown above.
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office talks policing contract, sales tax with Coventry
- Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
- Green Council denies zoning for apartment complex
- New Franklin Council OKs lawsuit settlement
- County Council gives partial support to Breaking Addiction Act
- Spring Hill gets new playground
- ACF, city join to award grants for local neighborhoods
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014