Tree Festival makes spirits bright
The display features more than 100 trees plus wreaths and decorated miniatures.
Shown at right bottom is a tree titled “Whimsical Christmas” that was donated by Harwick Standard Distributor Corp. and decorated by Jan Lonsdale.
Among the miniatures were the three trees shown below, from left: “The Magical Tree,” donated and decorated by the Pavlish family; “Promises Kept,” donated by the LeBron James Family Foundation and decorated by Power Media and the foundation; and “Herzing Cares,” donated by Herzing University and decorated by Herzing University staff and students.
During the opening day, children enjoyed activities such as crafts and face painting. Shayla Wood, 9, of Copley, is shown at right top as Alexa Moeller, of Munroe Falls, paints a gingerbread house on her face.
The festival, which is organized by volunteers at the hospital, will continue through the weekend. Hours are Thanksgiving Day from 2 to 6 p.m., Nov. 29-30 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Dec. 1 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is free. The Knight Center is located at 77 E. Mill St.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Ken Crisafi
More Community News
- Bath parks levy renewal on May ballot
- Area communities offering Safety Town
- Woodridge studying future of school buildings
- Council OKs new Dollar General in Merriman Valley
- Youth employment program getting on its way
- Falls Council OKs purchase for Electrical Department
- Norton Council accepts Moving Ohio Forward funds
- Boston trustees take step to clear property
- Sharon trustees discuss recent township break-ins
- Granger trustees approve tax abatement guidelines
- KAB names litter prevention campaign contest winners
- LaRose honors local youth
- YMCAs presenting Healthy Kids Day
- Montrose transportation meeting set for May 15
- United Way announces education investments, new funding strategy
- West Side News & Notes
- Green district seeking levy renewal
- Children celebrate Easter early
- Board strikes deal to keep fitness center running
- Springfield officer honored for service
- Grant possibility could increase police presence in Coventry
- Youth employment program on its way
- Rebuilding Together to improve nine area homes
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Susan Graham - 4/21/2014
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Ministry - 4/21/2014
- A New Adventure - 4/23/2014
- Jeri Holland - 4/23/2014
- Blue Man Group - 4/23/2014