Tree Festival makes spirits bright
The display features more than 100 trees plus wreaths and decorated miniatures.
Shown at right bottom is a tree titled “Whimsical Christmas” that was donated by Harwick Standard Distributor Corp. and decorated by Jan Lonsdale.
Among the miniatures were the three trees shown below, from left: “The Magical Tree,” donated and decorated by the Pavlish family; “Promises Kept,” donated by the LeBron James Family Foundation and decorated by Power Media and the foundation; and “Herzing Cares,” donated by Herzing University and decorated by Herzing University staff and students.
During the opening day, children enjoyed activities such as crafts and face painting. Shayla Wood, 9, of Copley, is shown at right top as Alexa Moeller, of Munroe Falls, paints a gingerbread house on her face.
The festival, which is organized by volunteers at the hospital, will continue through the weekend. Hours are Thanksgiving Day from 2 to 6 p.m., Nov. 29-30 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Dec. 1 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is free. The Knight Center is located at 77 E. Mill St.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Ken Crisafi
More Community News
- APS plans to create health career academy
- Nice day for a swim … if you’re a polar bear
- Akron Council defends hiring city residents
- County may make clean break from Norton sewers
- Lippman School celebrating 50th anniversary
- West Side News & Notes
- Faith Lutheran to dedicate new building
- Stow Clerk of Courts Advisory Council hosts inaugural meeting
- New residents celebrate first winter in Akron
- Norton Council lowers costs for sewer assessments
- Fairlawn officials working toward passing final 2015 budget
- Falls Council OKs site plans for Menards, townhome project
- Bath enters into agreement with Falls for jail services
- First Bath Community Fund meeting planned
- Richfield Village Council OKs fire/EMS contract with township
- Trustees select design-build teams for new building
- Copley trustees oppose removal of Minor Road traffic signal
- Granger officials introduced to new recycling proposal
- Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank kicks off Harvest for Hunger
- Junior League honors members
Calendar of Events
- Animal Tales - 2/27/2015
- From the Vault: 40 Years of Excellence - 2/27/2015
- Edwin Scholes: Birds of Paradise - 2/27/2015
- A New Adventure - 2/28/2015
- Mums the Word - 2/28/2015