Tree Festival makes spirits bright
The display features more than 100 trees plus wreaths and decorated miniatures.
Shown at right bottom is a tree titled “Whimsical Christmas” that was donated by Harwick Standard Distributor Corp. and decorated by Jan Lonsdale.
Among the miniatures were the three trees shown below, from left: “The Magical Tree,” donated and decorated by the Pavlish family; “Promises Kept,” donated by the LeBron James Family Foundation and decorated by Power Media and the foundation; and “Herzing Cares,” donated by Herzing University and decorated by Herzing University staff and students.
During the opening day, children enjoyed activities such as crafts and face painting. Shayla Wood, 9, of Copley, is shown at right top as Alexa Moeller, of Munroe Falls, paints a gingerbread house on her face.
The festival, which is organized by volunteers at the hospital, will continue through the weekend. Hours are Thanksgiving Day from 2 to 6 p.m., Nov. 29-30 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Dec. 1 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is free. The Knight Center is located at 77 E. Mill St.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Ken Crisafi
More Community News
- Mock crash reminds students of risks
- Akron rolls out medical marijuana plan
- Akron Council, BOE delve into issues
- Author ties together causes of opiate epidemic
- Yellow Creek watershed advocates move forward
- West Side News & Notes
- Area Girl Scouts take part in World Thinking Day
- LeBron James announces plan for new Akron school
- Summit first autism-friendly county in Ohio
- Boston BZA fees going up
- BCF launches fundraiser
- Council chambers receives electronic upgrades
- Bath trustees authorize new parking lot design
- Library levy before Medina County voters
- Sharon officials discuss spring projects
- Bright ‘Roland’ back at library
- Venturing Crew clears trail preserve
- Lakemore gearing up for police department
- Author ties together causes of opiate problem
- Coventry Schools levy renewal ‘crucial’ for district
- Township officials addressing opiate epidemic
- Coventry fire department utilizing grant money
- South Side News & Notes
- Springfield trustees move to demolish garage
Calendar of Events
- Click and Sip Digital Photography Class - 4/26/2017
- Tuesday Musical: Escher String Quartet - 4/26/2017
- Fiber Art Open Studio - 4/26/2017
- Pilates - 4/26/2017
- Family Story Time - 4/27/2017