Richfield Village Council to honor Revere boys soccer team
Richfield Village Mayor Bobbie Beshara announced Nov. 19 the Division II state champion Revere High School boys soccer team will be honored at the next Richfield Village Council meeting Dec. 3.
Coach Sandor Jakab will be honored for posting a 20-0-2 record en route to capturing the first state championship in the history of Revere High School, the mayor said.
Beshara also thanked everyone who attended the Veterans’ Day breakfast at Revere High School and the ceremony at the Veterans’ Memorial.
In a related story, Beshara noted the recent death of resident Jim Farmer and expressed condolences for his family.
“He was a great guy in the community, and he’s going to be missed,” she said. “He would place flags on the veterans’ graves.”
In other news:
- Police Chief Keith Morgan said the annual Shop With A Cop event will take place Dec. 14. His department is selling raffle tickets for the event for $1 each or six for $5.
Morgan also alerted residents that deer are “on the move” and were involved in 10 accidents in the previous week. One of those accidents involved a police car, the chief said.
- Fire Chief Jason Mihalek advised residents who burn wood in their fireplaces to have their chimneys cleaned by a licensed, certified chimney sweep. He said his department responded to a fire earlier in the day that started in the chimney.
- Service Director Melanie Baker said her crew members are still chipping brush and removing leaves.
“We’ll get the leaves until they’re frozen to the ground or all picked up,” she said.
- Recreation Director Ruth Jocek reported the Parks and Recreation Department will present A Christmas Spectacular Dec. 1 at 1 p.m. at the Masonic Hall, 3750 Grant Street. For tickets and details, call 330-659-5818 or visit www.richfieldvillageohio.org.
- Planning and Zoning Director Brian Frantz said the house at 3852 Broadview Road has been demolished.
- Council ratified the Planning and Zoning Commission’s approval of a conditional use for a home furniture and consignment store at 4078 Broadview Road, which used to be the Treasure Loft.
- Councilman Ralph Waszak talked about plans for the dental office at the corner of West Streetsboro Road and Grant Street. He said the historic building, which is being used as a dental office, may become part of an expanded medical building.
- Council also voted to declare three police vehicles to be sold as surplus property. The proceeds will be applied to the purchase of three new police cars from Montrose Auto Group for a total of no more than $105,000.
The next Richfield Village Council meeting is scheduled for Dec. 3 at 8 p.m. at Town Hall, located at 4410 W. Streetsboro Road. Before the meeting, a public hearing will take place on a change to the zoning code that would add flex space as a conditional use in the Office and Limited Industrial District.
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014