LaRose honors Revere state soccer champs
|Photo courtesy of Frank LaRose’s Office|
The title is Revere’s first state title in an Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) state team tournament, according to OHSAA officials. After finishing as state runner-up in 2011 and 2010, Revere defeated Columbus Bishop Watterson High School 2-0 at Crew Stadium in Columbus Nov. 9.
“The Revere High School men’s soccer team’s championship is well deserved and is clearly a result of their dedication, ambition and hard work,” LaRose said. “These young men are not only leaders on the field, but also in the classroom, with a team [grade-point] average of 3.65.”
Sophomore Daniel Branch scored the first goal in the fourth minute of the game, according to OHSAA officials. Senior Nolan Dyko added another goal in the 32nd minute, assisted by senior Brian Gillette. Revere ended its undefeated season 20-0-2.
Shown above is LaRose, third from left, with members of the team, from left, Chase Somple, Joel Gerberich and Andrew Robinson.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Mosaic Picture Frame for grades 5-12 - 7/24/2014
- Taste of Akron - 7/24/2014
- “Complaints of a Dutiful Daughter:” - 7/24/2014
- Downtown@Dusk: Horns and Things - 7/24/2014
- GriefCare Place - 7/24/2014