NBDTF hosts Luncheon With the Mayor
|Photo courtesy of the Norton Business Development Task Force|
This meeting was called to discuss several issues, including the NBDTF Job Creation Celebration, which will be held at Norton’s Brookside Country Club in February to honor local businesses and their contributions to the city. Present at the luncheon were Mayor Mike Zita, City Administrator Russ Arters and Councilman-elect Danny Grether.
“This is a great opportunity for local business owners to meet the mayor and other city officials to discuss revenue-generating ideas for improved city services,” said NBDTF Chairperson Nyles Reinfeld.
It was explained to the NBDTF group by Russ Arters, superintendent of Building and Zoning, that for decades the city has been plagued with planning issues, and this lack of revenue-generating planning has left the burden of city services on residents.
It was suggested during the meeting that if planned well, Norton could solicit and attract business types that best fit the “small town appeal,” according to NBDTF officials.
“The idea that city services can be run effectively on the back of our residents just is not right,” said Reinfeld. “At this point, arguing over where city funds will be placed is a process of robbing Peter to pay Paul. The only sustainable residential pocketbook relief is revenue from new business. Being a resident of Norton, I hope that there will be an approved economic plan and zoning for Norton to retain the beauty and small town feel I originally fell in love with.”
For more information about the NBDTF or the Job Creation Celebration in February, call 330-825-0624.
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
- Lakemore Council bids farewell to solicitor
- Santas spreading holiday cheer with Kiwanis events
- Coventry still mulling Sheriff’s Office contract
- Coventry superintendent tackling negativity
- Green students give back to community
- Springfield trustees approve zoning change
- Akron raises campaign limits, OKs body camera trial
- Manchester senior earns Eagle Scout rank
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Crooked River Walk - 12/21/2014
- “A Christmas Carol” - 12/21/2014
- Winter White Out - 12/21/2014
- Puppet Show: Holiday Happenings - 12/21/2014
- Johnny and the Apple Stompers and Ed Caner - 12/21/2014