NBDTF hosts Luncheon With the Mayor
|Photo courtesy of the Norton Business Development Task Force|
This meeting was called to discuss several issues, including the NBDTF Job Creation Celebration, which will be held at Norton’s Brookside Country Club in February to honor local businesses and their contributions to the city. Present at the luncheon were Mayor Mike Zita, City Administrator Russ Arters and Councilman-elect Danny Grether.
“This is a great opportunity for local business owners to meet the mayor and other city officials to discuss revenue-generating ideas for improved city services,” said NBDTF Chairperson Nyles Reinfeld.
It was explained to the NBDTF group by Russ Arters, superintendent of Building and Zoning, that for decades the city has been plagued with planning issues, and this lack of revenue-generating planning has left the burden of city services on residents.
It was suggested during the meeting that if planned well, Norton could solicit and attract business types that best fit the “small town appeal,” according to NBDTF officials.
“The idea that city services can be run effectively on the back of our residents just is not right,” said Reinfeld. “At this point, arguing over where city funds will be placed is a process of robbing Peter to pay Paul. The only sustainable residential pocketbook relief is revenue from new business. Being a resident of Norton, I hope that there will be an approved economic plan and zoning for Norton to retain the beauty and small town feel I originally fell in love with.”
For more information about the NBDTF or the Job Creation Celebration in February, call 330-825-0624.
More Community News
- Council supports ‘Breaking Addiction Act’
- All’s fair at annual Summit County event
- Yellow Creek advocates explore conservancy idea
- Grandmother creates memorial for slain grandson
- Copley Heritage Day set for Aug. 2
- Falls Council continues to mull Menards deal
- Road construction begins on Hines Hill Road
- Granger Fire Department moving forward with grant proposal
- Sharon trustees approve fire levy for November ballot
- Medina County Fair offering variety of activities
- Akron Rotary inducts president
- Sno-cone sale benefits playground project
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014
- Works by Portage Path Community Learning Center art students - 7/31/2014
- “Shout! The Mod Musical” - 8/2/2014
- Branching out: U.S. Vital Records and Obituaries - 8/2/2014
- GroundWorks DanceTheater - 8/2/2014