NBDTF hosts Luncheon With the Mayor
|Photo courtesy of the Norton Business Development Task Force|
This meeting was called to discuss several issues, including the NBDTF Job Creation Celebration, which will be held at Norton’s Brookside Country Club in February to honor local businesses and their contributions to the city. Present at the luncheon were Mayor Mike Zita, City Administrator Russ Arters and Councilman-elect Danny Grether.
“This is a great opportunity for local business owners to meet the mayor and other city officials to discuss revenue-generating ideas for improved city services,” said NBDTF Chairperson Nyles Reinfeld.
It was explained to the NBDTF group by Russ Arters, superintendent of Building and Zoning, that for decades the city has been plagued with planning issues, and this lack of revenue-generating planning has left the burden of city services on residents.
It was suggested during the meeting that if planned well, Norton could solicit and attract business types that best fit the “small town appeal,” according to NBDTF officials.
“The idea that city services can be run effectively on the back of our residents just is not right,” said Reinfeld. “At this point, arguing over where city funds will be placed is a process of robbing Peter to pay Paul. The only sustainable residential pocketbook relief is revenue from new business. Being a resident of Norton, I hope that there will be an approved economic plan and zoning for Norton to retain the beauty and small town feel I originally fell in love with.”
For more information about the NBDTF or the Job Creation Celebration in February, call 330-825-0624.
More Community News
- City plans Rolling Acres demolition
- Hardesty Park event attracts art fans
- Area shines bright during RNC week
- Copley Heritage Days featuring food, music, fun
- Copley students focus on helping North Korean refugees
- West Side News & Notes
- Falls’ leadership responds to police station incident
- Richfield police thankful for support from residents
- Richfield trustees discuss noxious weed enforcement
- Copley trustees weigh police, fire station plans
- Granger fire chief updates trustees on department issues
Calendar of Events
- Nashville Crush with Joshua Surgeon & The Dusty Bottoms - 7/29/2016
- Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Three Points of View: Art by Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Almost Queen (Queen tribute) with Chris Allen & The Guilty Hearts - 7/29/2016
- Chardon Polka Band - 7/29/2016