Menorah lights aglow
The event also featured for the fourth year a menorah made of canned goods collected for the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank.
Pictured below, at right, is Sasonkin as he leads students from The Lippman School as they sing holiday songs.
The event also featured an appearance by Dreidel Man, who enjoyed a dance with Yossi Sasonkin, 9, as shown at right bottom.
Chanukah, called the Festival of Lights, is a Jewish holiday that marks the rededication of the temple in 165 BC after its desecration by the Syrians. This year, Chanukah began at sundown Nov. 27. The last day of Chanukah is today, Dec. 5.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Community News
- Council districts subject of opposing issues
- Fun in season at Ohio Mart
- Akron expanding Wallhaven business district
- Creator of Portage Path sculptures returning for lecture
- West Side News & Notes
- Veterans get helping hand
- County Council selling bonds for The Village at St. Edward
- Urban Ounce of Prevention festivities mark 25th anniversary
- Work on Route 18 nearing completion for 2015
- Sessions on retirement planned
- Akron SCORE celebrates anniversary
- Bath trustees OK payment for Heritage Corridors project
- Bath Community Fund celebrates success
- Richfield trustees support Issue 22
- Cuyahoga Falls billboards promote medical information program
Calendar of Events
- Akron Craft Beer Festival - 10/9/2015
- Tony Toni Tone - 10/9/2015
- “Cheaper by the Dozen” - 10/10/2015
- Read to the Dogs - 10/10/2015
- Fall Family Outing - 10/10/2015