Menorah lights aglow
The event also featured for the fourth year a menorah made of canned goods collected for the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank.
Pictured below, at right, is Sasonkin as he leads students from The Lippman School as they sing holiday songs.
The event also featured an appearance by Dreidel Man, who enjoyed a dance with Yossi Sasonkin, 9, as shown at right bottom.
Chanukah, called the Festival of Lights, is a Jewish holiday that marks the rededication of the temple in 165 BC after its desecration by the Syrians. This year, Chanukah began at sundown Nov. 27. The last day of Chanukah is today, Dec. 5.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Community News
- Wallhaven retail development on track
- Soap Box Derby champs get grand welcome
- County Council opposes proposal for redistricting
- Bath preparing for Community Day
- Copley Heritage Day celebration Aug. 1
- West Side News & Notes
- GAR Foundation awards grants
- Bath trustees approve police replacement levy for ballot
- Copley seeking single-hauler trash bids
- Blood donation sites
- Sharon trustees finalize fire levy plans
- Richfield trustees OK funds for building project
- Chief Saley resigns from Lakemore Fire
- New Franklin updating capital needs
- Coventry school board selects new district treasurer
- County Council opposes redistricting proposal
- Akron to present revised sewer plan to U.S. EPA
- City of Akron testing algae monitoring device
Calendar of Events
- GriefCare Place - 7/29/2015
- Pond Exploration for Kids - 7/29/2015
- Wanda Hunt Band - 7/29/2015
- Retirement Workshop - 7/29/2015
- Family Programming - 7/29/2015