Menorah lights aglow
The event also featured for the fourth year a menorah made of canned goods collected for the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank.
Pictured below, at right, is Sasonkin as he leads students from The Lippman School as they sing holiday songs.
The event also featured an appearance by Dreidel Man, who enjoyed a dance with Yossi Sasonkin, 9, as shown at right bottom.
Chanukah, called the Festival of Lights, is a Jewish holiday that marks the rededication of the temple in 165 BC after its desecration by the Syrians. This year, Chanukah began at sundown Nov. 27. The last day of Chanukah is today, Dec. 5.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Summertime Card Party - 7/25/2014
- Voices in the Valley: Jim Gill - 7/25/2014
- Wine Tasting and Silent Auction - 7/25/2014
- Tony Rio - 7/25/2014
- A New Adventure - 7/26/2014