Menorah lights aglow
The event also featured for the fourth year a menorah made of canned goods collected for the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank.
Pictured below, at right, is Sasonkin as he leads students from The Lippman School as they sing holiday songs.
The event also featured an appearance by Dreidel Man, who enjoyed a dance with Yossi Sasonkin, 9, as shown at right bottom.
Chanukah, called the Festival of Lights, is a Jewish holiday that marks the rededication of the temple in 165 BC after its desecration by the Syrians. This year, Chanukah began at sundown Nov. 27. The last day of Chanukah is today, Dec. 5.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Helen Welch Trio; Jan Rookard and Ray McCall - 12/3/2016
- Glass Fusing: Make a Tiny Bowl - 12/3/2016
- Illusion Factory’s “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” - 12/3/2016
- Mind Your Own Beeswax Workshop - 12/3/2016
- Women’s Art League Show - 12/3/2016