Menorah lights aglow
The event also featured for the fourth year a menorah made of canned goods collected for the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank.
Pictured below, at right, is Sasonkin as he leads students from The Lippman School as they sing holiday songs.
The event also featured an appearance by Dreidel Man, who enjoyed a dance with Yossi Sasonkin, 9, as shown at right bottom.
Chanukah, called the Festival of Lights, is a Jewish holiday that marks the rededication of the temple in 165 BC after its desecration by the Syrians. This year, Chanukah began at sundown Nov. 27. The last day of Chanukah is today, Dec. 5.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Community News
- City reports sewer savings after plan altered
- Tour offers peek into Copley landmark
- Akron tree ordinance sprouting changes
- Norton district returns to ballot for operating funds
- All welcome at GASP luncheon
- West Side News & Notes
- County Council OKs first set of employee contracts
- Council approves pump station location change
- Norton citizens mount referendum campaign on sewer transfer
- Council OKs Woodridge, Portage Crossing construction plans
- Copley trustees increase cemetery capacity with columbarium
- Richfield officials honor garden club for 80 years of service
- Trustees hear update on recycling program
Calendar of Events
- Cuyahoga Falls Farmers Market - 9/30/2016
- Glass and Found Object Sculpture - 9/30/2016
- The Babys - 9/30/2016
- Dueling Pianos to benefit the Battered Women’s Shelter - 9/30/2016
- Empty Bowl Dinner to benefit Good Neighbors of Cuyahoga Falls - 9/30/2016