Copley lighting warms up cold night
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Copley-Fairlawn Girl Scouts, shown at right bottom in the gazebo, sang carols to help set the mood for the Christmas event.
Santa Claus then arrived by fire engine and handed out candy canes to those who braved the evening’s chilly weather, as shown at right middle.
Santa also is pictured at right top waving to the crowd.
Those who attended enjoyed seeing decorations installed by the Copley Fire and Rescue Association. The gazebo, which features a Christmas tree and wreaths, is shown above.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Local issues filed for November ballot
- Richfield celebrates annual Community Day
- James keeps focus on today’s youth at rally
- County Council committees back at work
- Heritage Woods residents ask for four-way stop at intersection
- Falls Council OKs contract to bring Menards to Graham Road
- Peninsula planning commission meetings moved
- Council addresses return of Richfield School bell
- Plans for administration building still being worked out
- Granger trustees considering proposal for conservatory
- Inaugural race, walk benefitting Akron Children’s PICU
- Elms students volunteer in New York
- West Side News & Notes
- Familiar face heading up Highland athletics
- Woodridge looking forward to competitive season
Calendar of Events
- Norma Wagner Uray: Fashion Illustrations - 8/21/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Trains and Lovers,” by Alexander McCall Smith - 8/21/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 8/21/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 8/21/2014
- GriefCare Place - 8/21/2014