Copley lighting warms up cold night
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Copley-Fairlawn Girl Scouts, shown at right bottom in the gazebo, sang carols to help set the mood for the Christmas event.
Santa Claus then arrived by fire engine and handed out candy canes to those who braved the evening’s chilly weather, as shown at right middle.
Santa also is pictured at right top waving to the crowd.
Those who attended enjoyed seeing decorations installed by the Copley Fire and Rescue Association. The gazebo, which features a Christmas tree and wreaths, is shown above.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
- Lakemore requesting income tax increase
- Coventry moving ahead with police ballot issue
- Springfield trustees to place new parks levy on ballot
- South Side News & Notes
- Akron mayor wants Oriana House audit
- Green mayor to give State of City
Calendar of Events
- Nature Drawing for Kids: ages 6-12 - 1/22/2017
- “Ratatouille” - 1/22/2017
- All Things Rings: Beginner Level - 1/22/2017
- The Lincoln Inaugural Train - 1/23/2017
- “Reasons to Be Happy” - 1/24/2017