Copley lighting warms up cold night
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Copley-Fairlawn Girl Scouts, shown at right bottom in the gazebo, sang carols to help set the mood for the Christmas event.
Santa Claus then arrived by fire engine and handed out candy canes to those who braved the evening’s chilly weather, as shown at right middle.
Santa also is pictured at right top waving to the crowd.
Those who attended enjoyed seeing decorations installed by the Copley Fire and Rescue Association. The gazebo, which features a Christmas tree and wreaths, is shown above.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Proposed sales tax bump to fund safety needs
- Temple Israel makes move to Montrose
- Akron Council takes stand against powdered alcohol
- County agencies honor Violence Against Women Act
- Zane’s Foundation supports those with special needs
- AAF-Akron helps fight hunger in community
- Contract for medical coverage for county employees on table
- Boston trustees eliminate senior snow plow program
- Sharon officials announce upcoming township events
- Akron Community Foundation approves $2.3 million in grants
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Shane” - 10/2/2014
- Putting Your Garden to Bed - 10/2/2014
- Preschool Pals Story Time - 10/2/2014
- All-Beethoven Concert - 10/2/2014
- Paul Theroux on China: The Years Between Mao and Modernism - 10/2/2014