Richfield trustees discuss zoning violations
Richfield Township has issued zoning violations to residents for running businesses out of their homes, Zoning Inspector Laurie Pinney reported at the Dec. 5 Richfield Township Board of Trustees meeting.
She said the violations were issued Nov. 13 to residents on Boston and Streetsboro roads whose activities resulted in complaints from residents at previous trustees meetings.
None of the recipients of the violation notices appealed by the Dec. 2 deadline, Pinney said.
However, she added the Summit County Prosecutor’s Office was notified Dec. 3 a business on Streetsboro Road intended to appeal.
In other news:
- Richfield Police Sgt. Joe Davis reported dispatcher Jackie Ingersoll resigned after 31 years of service to Richfield.
“We wish her well, and she will certainly be missed,” he said.
Davis also said suspects in an October burglary have been arrested, and they could possibly be connected to other crimes.
He also said Shop with a Cop will take place Dec. 14, and the contact person for that event is community service officer Mike Simmons.
- Fire Chief Jason Mihalek said his crew battled a structure fire Nov. 14 in the township. One firefighter was hurt, and one resident suffered smoke inhalation.
He also told residents to watch for deer on the roads because the deer are in mating season and are causing more accidents.
- Pinney said the Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) meeting, which was scheduled for Dec. 16, has been canceled. Both items on the agenda relating to JJJ Properties have been tabled until the Jan. 20 meeting.
Pinney also noted regular and alternate positions are available on the BZA and the Zoning Commission.
In addition, Pinney reported the next meeting of the Joint Economic Development District (JEDD) Board is scheduled for Feb. 13 at 10:30 a.m. in the mayor’s office at Town Hall.
- Township Administrator Linda Bowmer said Trustee Dave Wyatt will be honored for his 21 years of service Dec. 17 from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Par 3 clubhouse at Brandywine Golf Club, 5555 Akron-Peninsula Road.
Now that the election results have been finalized, Trustee Laurie Peters Gilmore also will be honored for her service to the township. A recount by the Summit County Board of Elections (BOE) took place Dec. 3, and Gilmore lost her bid for re-election to former trustee Robert Luther by one vote.
- Trustees agreed to add $2,600 to the 2013 budget, allocating the funds from the motor vehicle license tax fund ($500) and the gasoline tax funds ($2,100).
- Gilmore reported the township service workers are in the process of dismantling the salt dome. The township road crews are using the Ohio Department of Transportation’s facility on Brecksville Road near the Ohio Turnpike.
- Bowmer reported she attended an administrators’ conference in Columbus. The gathering focused on websites and social media.
- Trustee Janet Jankura suggested the township recognize the Revere High School boys soccer team for winning the state championship.
Wyatt said a resolution could be prepared to honor the Minutemen for their victory.
The next Richfield trustees’ meeting is scheduled for Dec. 19 at 6:30 p.m. at the township offices, located behind the fire station on West Streetsboro Road.
More Community News
- Delegates, safety forces fill Cleveland
- Falls festival celebrates Italian style
- Akron getting new municipal courthouse
- Area delegates head to Democratic convention
- West Side News & Notes
- Bath trustees reject fact-finding report
- Boston trustees reviewing new police contract
- NAMI celebrates anniversary, awardees
- Zoning issues addressed by Sharon officials, residents
- Display highlights fight against cancer
- Good Neighbors grateful for new van
- Pirates share island fun
- Springfield seeking renewal of fire levy
- Coventry placing two levies on November ballot
- Trustees decline grant funds for bank stabilization project
- South Side News & Notes
- Resident says taxes too high in New Franklin
- Akron getting new municipal courthouse
- Local officials respond after spike in overdoses
- Area delegates heading to Democratic convention
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 7/27/2016
- Lock Bottom Blues and Jazz Club: Moises Borges Brazilian Jazz Band - 7/27/2016
- The Pop Tarts - 7/27/2016
- Meet Me in the Garden - 7/27/2016
- Yoga for Kids: ages 4-7 - 7/27/2016