Leadership Akron offering grant money for intergenerational activities
DOWNTOWN AKRON — Leadership Akron Class 30 is soliciting letters of interest from nonprofit agencies and organizations that provide services and programs that have an intergenerational focus.
Leadership Akron Class 30 selected intergenerational activities as the focus of its 2014 philanthropy project because of the numerous benefits when younger generations and older generations interact, according to group officials. Additional resources can lead to enriching services and programs with this focus, according to Leadership Akron officials.
Class 30 is offering the grant(s) totaling up to $10,000 made possible through the support of the United Way of Summit County. The grant(s) will be awarded by June 2014.
All interested 501(c)(3) organizations, including faith-based organizations and tax-supported educational institutions, should submit a letter of interest postmarked by Dec. 31. The letter of interest should be no more than one page and include the organization’s name and mission, a brief description of the program or project to be funded and the appropriate contact information.
Letters of interest should be addressed to Leadership Akron Class 30 Philanthropy Project, 54 E. Mill St., Suite 201, Akron, OH 44308-1192 or emailed as a PDF document to email@example.com. Organizations will be notified by Jan. 31 regarding the formal grant selection process.
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office talks policing contract, sales tax with Coventry
- Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
- Green Council denies zoning for apartment complex
- New Franklin Council OKs lawsuit settlement
- County Council gives partial support to Breaking Addiction Act
- Spring Hill gets new playground
- ACF, city join to award grants for local neighborhoods
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014