Leadership Akron offering grant money for intergenerational activities
DOWNTOWN AKRON — Leadership Akron Class 30 is soliciting letters of interest from nonprofit agencies and organizations that provide services and programs that have an intergenerational focus.
Leadership Akron Class 30 selected intergenerational activities as the focus of its 2014 philanthropy project because of the numerous benefits when younger generations and older generations interact, according to group officials. Additional resources can lead to enriching services and programs with this focus, according to Leadership Akron officials.
Class 30 is offering the grant(s) totaling up to $10,000 made possible through the support of the United Way of Summit County. The grant(s) will be awarded by June 2014.
All interested 501(c)(3) organizations, including faith-based organizations and tax-supported educational institutions, should submit a letter of interest postmarked by Dec. 31. The letter of interest should be no more than one page and include the organization’s name and mission, a brief description of the program or project to be funded and the appropriate contact information.
Letters of interest should be addressed to Leadership Akron Class 30 Philanthropy Project, 54 E. Mill St., Suite 201, Akron, OH 44308-1192 or emailed as a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Organizations will be notified by Jan. 31 regarding the formal grant selection process.
More Community News
- Mock crash reminds students of risks
- Akron rolls out medical marijuana plan
- Akron Council, BOE delve into issues
- Author ties together causes of opiate epidemic
- Yellow Creek watershed advocates move forward
- West Side News & Notes
- Area Girl Scouts take part in World Thinking Day
- LeBron James announces plan for new Akron school
- Summit first autism-friendly county in Ohio
- Boston BZA fees going up
- BCF launches fundraiser
- Council chambers receives electronic upgrades
- Bath trustees authorize new parking lot design
- Library levy before Medina County voters
- Sharon officials discuss spring projects
- Bright ‘Roland’ back at library
- Venturing Crew clears trail preserve
- Lakemore gearing up for police department
- Author ties together causes of opiate problem
- Coventry Schools levy renewal ‘crucial’ for district
- Township officials addressing opiate epidemic
- Coventry fire department utilizing grant money
- South Side News & Notes
- Springfield trustees move to demolish garage
Calendar of Events
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 4/24/2017
- The Art of Journaling; Men Facing Grief Support Group - 4/24/2017
- Fiction Book Club: “Truly Madly Guilty” - 4/25/2017
- Yoga for Homeschoolers: ages 8-12 - 4/25/2017
- PiYo with Morgan Webb - 4/25/2017