Leadership Akron offering grant money for intergenerational activities
DOWNTOWN AKRON — Leadership Akron Class 30 is soliciting letters of interest from nonprofit agencies and organizations that provide services and programs that have an intergenerational focus.
Leadership Akron Class 30 selected intergenerational activities as the focus of its 2014 philanthropy project because of the numerous benefits when younger generations and older generations interact, according to group officials. Additional resources can lead to enriching services and programs with this focus, according to Leadership Akron officials.
Class 30 is offering the grant(s) totaling up to $10,000 made possible through the support of the United Way of Summit County. The grant(s) will be awarded by June 2014.
All interested 501(c)(3) organizations, including faith-based organizations and tax-supported educational institutions, should submit a letter of interest postmarked by Dec. 31. The letter of interest should be no more than one page and include the organization’s name and mission, a brief description of the program or project to be funded and the appropriate contact information.
Letters of interest should be addressed to Leadership Akron Class 30 Philanthropy Project, 54 E. Mill St., Suite 201, Akron, OH 44308-1192 or emailed as a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Organizations will be notified by Jan. 31 regarding the formal grant selection process.
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
- Coventry to further fund flood mitigation
- Local man ‘model’ citizen with building hobby
- County Council notes success of Gay Games
- Cottage Grove School set for demolition
- Kick for The Cure benefiting Camp Quality, hospice
- Springfield trustees seeking to reduce water/sewer bills further
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 8/27/2014
- Tai Chi for those touched by cancer - 8/27/2014
- Pilates - 8/27/2014
- “Divergent” - 8/28/2014
- 11th Annual Juried Fiber Arts Show - 8/29/2014