Leadership Akron offering grant money for intergenerational activities
DOWNTOWN AKRON — Leadership Akron Class 30 is soliciting letters of interest from nonprofit agencies and organizations that provide services and programs that have an intergenerational focus.
Leadership Akron Class 30 selected intergenerational activities as the focus of its 2014 philanthropy project because of the numerous benefits when younger generations and older generations interact, according to group officials. Additional resources can lead to enriching services and programs with this focus, according to Leadership Akron officials.
Class 30 is offering the grant(s) totaling up to $10,000 made possible through the support of the United Way of Summit County. The grant(s) will be awarded by June 2014.
All interested 501(c)(3) organizations, including faith-based organizations and tax-supported educational institutions, should submit a letter of interest postmarked by Dec. 31. The letter of interest should be no more than one page and include the organization’s name and mission, a brief description of the program or project to be funded and the appropriate contact information.
Letters of interest should be addressed to Leadership Akron Class 30 Philanthropy Project, 54 E. Mill St., Suite 201, Akron, OH 44308-1192 or emailed as a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Organizations will be notified by Jan. 31 regarding the formal grant selection process.
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Clearfork Bluegrass Quartet - 3/7/2014
- Dance Fever Open House - 3/7/2014
- James Renner - 3/7/2014
- Runa - 3/7/2014
- Jonathan Butler - 3/7/2014