Leadership Akron offering grant money for intergenerational activities
DOWNTOWN AKRON — Leadership Akron Class 30 is soliciting letters of interest from nonprofit agencies and organizations that provide services and programs that have an intergenerational focus.
Leadership Akron Class 30 selected intergenerational activities as the focus of its 2014 philanthropy project because of the numerous benefits when younger generations and older generations interact, according to group officials. Additional resources can lead to enriching services and programs with this focus, according to Leadership Akron officials.
Class 30 is offering the grant(s) totaling up to $10,000 made possible through the support of the United Way of Summit County. The grant(s) will be awarded by June 2014.
All interested 501(c)(3) organizations, including faith-based organizations and tax-supported educational institutions, should submit a letter of interest postmarked by Dec. 31. The letter of interest should be no more than one page and include the organization’s name and mission, a brief description of the program or project to be funded and the appropriate contact information.
Letters of interest should be addressed to Leadership Akron Class 30 Philanthropy Project, 54 E. Mill St., Suite 201, Akron, OH 44308-1192 or emailed as a PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Organizations will be notified by Jan. 31 regarding the formal grant selection process.
More Community News
- Bath parks levy renewal on May ballot
- Area communities offering Safety Town
- Woodridge studying future of school buildings
- Council OKs new Dollar General in Merriman Valley
- Youth employment program getting on its way
- Falls Council OKs purchase for Electrical Department
- Norton Council accepts Moving Ohio Forward funds
- Boston trustees take step to clear property
- Sharon trustees discuss recent township break-ins
- Granger trustees approve tax abatement guidelines
- KAB names litter prevention campaign contest winners
- LaRose honors local youth
- YMCAs presenting Healthy Kids Day
- Montrose transportation meeting set for May 15
- United Way announces education investments, new funding strategy
- West Side News & Notes
- Green district seeking levy renewal
- Children celebrate Easter early
- Board strikes deal to keep fitness center running
- Springfield officer honored for service
- Grant possibility could increase police presence in Coventry
- Youth employment program on its way
- Rebuilding Together to improve nine area homes
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 4/23/2014
- Jeri Holland - 4/23/2014
- Blue Man Group - 4/23/2014
- Apollo’s Fire - 4/24/2014
- “Bye Bye Birdie” - 4/24/2014