Winter Solstice event set at Crown Point
BATH — This year’s Winter Solstice, the day in December in the Northern Hemisphere with the least amount of daylight hours, will be Dec. 21, just after noon.
Crown Point Ecology Center, located at 3220 Ira Road, will recognize this part of nature’s ongoing cycles with an annual observance of the Winter Solstice Dec. 15 beginning at 6 p.m. The event will include a discussion and reflective walk through the grounds, with the way lit by luminaria, and refreshments.
“It’s my favorite program of the year,” said Crown Point President and CEO Chris Norman. “We start in the barn, have a discussion about the traditions surrounding the solstice, go for the hike, come back and have hot beverages and desserts.”
This “green space that matters” event demonstrates the practical applications of ecology and connects spirituality, social justice and environmental protection.
“Sister Mariellen will lead us,” said Norman. “This year, Martha Kermizis is helping plan the program, which will include discussion and readings connecting faith and environmental ethic.”
The event is free, but reservations are requested at 330-668-8992.
Crown Point will celebrate its 25th year in 2014. Its 115-acre farmland is a regional model for sustainable agriculture and environmental education, according to Norman.
More Community News
- Moneypenny ready to take mayor’s seat
- Copley celebrates Memorial Day
- Founders’ Day will mark AA’s 80th year
- Shy shares credit for park district successes
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley asks Ohio Supreme Court to hear Rothrock appeal
- Historic designation sought for Keyser property
- Copley trustees approve building replacement
- Richfield police chief warns residents about burglars
- Richfield trustees discuss Crowell Hilaka property use
- Council reviews rebids for Central Park
- Green celebrates Memorial Day
- New Franklin sinks idea for Tudor House dock
- Green assistant fire chief retiring
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 5/30/2015
- Yoga for Kids: ages 6-10 - 5/30/2015
- Archery Games for Kids: ages 9-12 - 5/30/2015
- Warm and Hot in Peninsula - 5/30/2015
- Doo Wop Legends in Concert - 5/30/2015