Bath planning to put park levy on May ballot
At the Dec. 16 meeting, the Bath Board of Trustees approved a resolution requesting the Summit County Fiscal Office calculate the millage for renewal of the 0.75-mill park levy.
According to the resolution, this calculation is something that needs to be done before the levy renewal can be put on the ballot, which is planned for the May 6 election. The trustees need to know the amount of revenue the levy would generate for the township before they can put it on the ballot, according to the resolution.
“This is not placing it on the ballot,” said Trustee Becky Corbett, “only confirming the amount it will generate for the township.”
The levy is scheduled to run out at the end of the 2014 year, but if renewed, would generate tax money for five additional years beginning in 2015.
In other business:
- Trustee James Nelson was sworn in for his fifth term. Nelson has served on the board for 16 years.
- Trustees agreed to pursue the hiring of Rocco Marzuola as a seasonal snow and ice control employee in the Service Department at a rate of $16 per hour.
- Trustees agreed to contract with Assurant Insurance for dental and life coverage for full-time Bath employees and elected officials. According to Township Administrator Vito Sinopoli, the dental rates have increased about 3 percent with this renewal, but life insurance rates have remained the same.
The Bath Township Board of Trustees next meeting will be Jan. 6 at 7 p.m. in the trustees’ meeting room of the Bath Administration Building, 3864 W. Bath Road.
More Community News
- West Market site to include fourth building
- BioBlitz deemed success at national park
- Sheriff’s Office providing aid during RNC
- Memorial Day parades, ceremonies planned
- West Side News & Notes
- Mitzvah Day volunteers take on projects
- West Side Political News & Notes
- Falls may extend agreements for Menards
- Norton Council considers cell tower lease agreement
- Granger trustees discuss fiscal matters
- Richfield Council hopes charity continues
- Crowell Hilaka lake to be assessed
- Copley police sergeants promoted
Calendar of Events
- Dirty Deeds (tribute to AC/DC) with Grunge DNA - 5/27/2016
- Play: Theatre Games with Wandering Aesthetics: ages 5-9 - 5/27/2016
- Tony Rio with Socrates and the Philosophers - 5/27/2016
- A New Adventure - 5/28/2016
- Electric Pressure Cooker Open Mic - 5/28/2016