Bath planning to put park levy on May ballot
At the Dec. 16 meeting, the Bath Board of Trustees approved a resolution requesting the Summit County Fiscal Office calculate the millage for renewal of the 0.75-mill park levy.
According to the resolution, this calculation is something that needs to be done before the levy renewal can be put on the ballot, which is planned for the May 6 election. The trustees need to know the amount of revenue the levy would generate for the township before they can put it on the ballot, according to the resolution.
“This is not placing it on the ballot,” said Trustee Becky Corbett, “only confirming the amount it will generate for the township.”
The levy is scheduled to run out at the end of the 2014 year, but if renewed, would generate tax money for five additional years beginning in 2015.
In other business:
- Trustee James Nelson was sworn in for his fifth term. Nelson has served on the board for 16 years.
- Trustees agreed to pursue the hiring of Rocco Marzuola as a seasonal snow and ice control employee in the Service Department at a rate of $16 per hour.
- Trustees agreed to contract with Assurant Insurance for dental and life coverage for full-time Bath employees and elected officials. According to Township Administrator Vito Sinopoli, the dental rates have increased about 3 percent with this renewal, but life insurance rates have remained the same.
The Bath Township Board of Trustees next meeting will be Jan. 6 at 7 p.m. in the trustees’ meeting room of the Bath Administration Building, 3864 W. Bath Road.
More Community News
- Akron welcoming NBA star ‘back home’
- Old-fashioned carnival celebrates SCHS anniversary
- Woodridge bids farewell to board member
- APS board accepts donation from foundation
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Boston trustees discuss issues with road project
- Sharon officials provide update on smell
- Falls drafts deal for development of Menards
- Norton working on flood control on Newpark Drive
- Granger Fire personnel sworn in
- Fairlawn officials investigating nightly room rentals in residences
- West Side News & Notes
- Springfield superintendent retiring
- Road resurfacing behind schedule in Coventry
- Pine Lake residents object to new Lauer Park entrance
Calendar of Events
- Mosaic Picture Frame for grades 5-12 - 7/24/2014
- Taste of Akron - 7/24/2014
- “Complaints of a Dutiful Daughter:” - 7/24/2014
- GriefCare Place - 7/24/2014
- Storytime: Lapsit - 7/24/2014