Bath planning to put park levy on May ballot
At the Dec. 16 meeting, the Bath Board of Trustees approved a resolution requesting the Summit County Fiscal Office calculate the millage for renewal of the 0.75-mill park levy.
According to the resolution, this calculation is something that needs to be done before the levy renewal can be put on the ballot, which is planned for the May 6 election. The trustees need to know the amount of revenue the levy would generate for the township before they can put it on the ballot, according to the resolution.
“This is not placing it on the ballot,” said Trustee Becky Corbett, “only confirming the amount it will generate for the township.”
The levy is scheduled to run out at the end of the 2014 year, but if renewed, would generate tax money for five additional years beginning in 2015.
In other business:
- Trustee James Nelson was sworn in for his fifth term. Nelson has served on the board for 16 years.
- Trustees agreed to pursue the hiring of Rocco Marzuola as a seasonal snow and ice control employee in the Service Department at a rate of $16 per hour.
- Trustees agreed to contract with Assurant Insurance for dental and life coverage for full-time Bath employees and elected officials. According to Township Administrator Vito Sinopoli, the dental rates have increased about 3 percent with this renewal, but life insurance rates have remained the same.
The Bath Township Board of Trustees next meeting will be Jan. 6 at 7 p.m. in the trustees’ meeting room of the Bath Administration Building, 3864 W. Bath Road.
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Spring Awakening” - 12/6/2016
- Music Trivia - 12/6/2016
- Cake Decorating: Holiday Cupcakes; Cake Decorating: Holiday Cookies - 12/6/2016
- Glass Fusing with Marianne Hite - 12/7/2016
- Weekday Walkers - 12/7/2016