Military officers installed
|Photo courtesy of Dave Riegler|
Trustees elected were: three-year, Lt. Col. Tom Menza, USAF, ret.; two-year, Maj. David Sears, USA, ret.; and one-year, Lt. Col. Ron Smetana, USA, ret.
Shown above, from left, are Hahn, Calta, Ashbaugh, Riegler, Sears and Smetana. Not pictured are Oldenburg and Menza.
These officers were installed at the general membership meeting Dec. 5.
The chapter has scheduled its next general membership meeting for Jan. 18 at the 356th Fighter Group Restaurant, 4919 Mt. Pleasant Road. Attendees will order off the restaurant lunch menu.
The speaker will be John Walker, author of “Bracketing the Enemy, Forward Observers in World War II.” He will speak about the role that forward observers played during World War II.
OWRC members, spouses, family, friends and eligible officers may attend this meeting. For more information, contact Riegler at 330-666-2257.
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
- New Springfield superintendent named
- Communities gearing up for Rock the Docks
- New Franklin charter changes headed to ballot
- Community event planned at East Liberty Park
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Wingfoot One selected as new blimp name
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014
- Works by Portage Path Community Learning Center art students - 7/31/2014
- “Shout! The Mod Musical” - 8/2/2014
- Branching out: U.S. Vital Records and Obituaries - 8/2/2014
- GroundWorks DanceTheater - 8/2/2014