Military officers installed
|Photo courtesy of Dave Riegler|
Trustees elected were: three-year, Lt. Col. Tom Menza, USAF, ret.; two-year, Maj. David Sears, USA, ret.; and one-year, Lt. Col. Ron Smetana, USA, ret.
Shown above, from left, are Hahn, Calta, Ashbaugh, Riegler, Sears and Smetana. Not pictured are Oldenburg and Menza.
These officers were installed at the general membership meeting Dec. 5.
The chapter has scheduled its next general membership meeting for Jan. 18 at the 356th Fighter Group Restaurant, 4919 Mt. Pleasant Road. Attendees will order off the restaurant lunch menu.
The speaker will be John Walker, author of “Bracketing the Enemy, Forward Observers in World War II.” He will speak about the role that forward observers played during World War II.
OWRC members, spouses, family, friends and eligible officers may attend this meeting. For more information, contact Riegler at 330-666-2257.
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Civil War Talk: General Sheridan - 10/20/2014
- Akron History Hike: Old Stone School - 10/20/2014
- Amazing World of Bats - 10/21/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014