Military officers installed
|Photo courtesy of Dave Riegler|
Trustees elected were: three-year, Lt. Col. Tom Menza, USAF, ret.; two-year, Maj. David Sears, USA, ret.; and one-year, Lt. Col. Ron Smetana, USA, ret.
Shown above, from left, are Hahn, Calta, Ashbaugh, Riegler, Sears and Smetana. Not pictured are Oldenburg and Menza.
These officers were installed at the general membership meeting Dec. 5.
The chapter has scheduled its next general membership meeting for Jan. 18 at the 356th Fighter Group Restaurant, 4919 Mt. Pleasant Road. Attendees will order off the restaurant lunch menu.
The speaker will be John Walker, author of “Bracketing the Enemy, Forward Observers in World War II.” He will speak about the role that forward observers played during World War II.
OWRC members, spouses, family, friends and eligible officers may attend this meeting. For more information, contact Riegler at 330-666-2257.
More Community News
- Bath parks levy renewal on May ballot
- Area communities offering Safety Town
- Woodridge studying future of school buildings
- Council OKs new Dollar General in Merriman Valley
- Youth employment program getting on its way
- Falls Council OKs purchase for Electrical Department
- Norton Council accepts Moving Ohio Forward funds
- Boston trustees take step to clear property
- Sharon trustees discuss recent township break-ins
- Granger trustees approve tax abatement guidelines
- KAB names litter prevention campaign contest winners
- LaRose honors local youth
- YMCAs presenting Healthy Kids Day
- Montrose transportation meeting set for May 15
- United Way announces education investments, new funding strategy
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Cuyahoga Valley Frackers and Brick Road Ramblers - 4/18/2014
- Antiquarian Book Fair - 4/18/2014
- Sensory Story Time - 4/19/2014
- Terrarium Workshop - 4/19/2014
- Hop, Hop, Hop! - 4/19/2014