Military officers installed
|Photo courtesy of Dave Riegler|
Trustees elected were: three-year, Lt. Col. Tom Menza, USAF, ret.; two-year, Maj. David Sears, USA, ret.; and one-year, Lt. Col. Ron Smetana, USA, ret.
Shown above, from left, are Hahn, Calta, Ashbaugh, Riegler, Sears and Smetana. Not pictured are Oldenburg and Menza.
These officers were installed at the general membership meeting Dec. 5.
The chapter has scheduled its next general membership meeting for Jan. 18 at the 356th Fighter Group Restaurant, 4919 Mt. Pleasant Road. Attendees will order off the restaurant lunch menu.
The speaker will be John Walker, author of “Bracketing the Enemy, Forward Observers in World War II.” He will speak about the role that forward observers played during World War II.
OWRC members, spouses, family, friends and eligible officers may attend this meeting. For more information, contact Riegler at 330-666-2257.
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Spring Awakening” - 12/6/2016
- Music Trivia - 12/6/2016
- Cake Decorating: Holiday Cupcakes; Cake Decorating: Holiday Cookies - 12/6/2016
- Glass Fusing with Marianne Hite - 12/7/2016
- Weekday Walkers - 12/7/2016