Military officers installed
|Photo courtesy of Dave Riegler|
Trustees elected were: three-year, Lt. Col. Tom Menza, USAF, ret.; two-year, Maj. David Sears, USA, ret.; and one-year, Lt. Col. Ron Smetana, USA, ret.
Shown above, from left, are Hahn, Calta, Ashbaugh, Riegler, Sears and Smetana. Not pictured are Oldenburg and Menza.
These officers were installed at the general membership meeting Dec. 5.
The chapter has scheduled its next general membership meeting for Jan. 18 at the 356th Fighter Group Restaurant, 4919 Mt. Pleasant Road. Attendees will order off the restaurant lunch menu.
The speaker will be John Walker, author of “Bracketing the Enemy, Forward Observers in World War II.” He will speak about the role that forward observers played during World War II.
OWRC members, spouses, family, friends and eligible officers may attend this meeting. For more information, contact Riegler at 330-666-2257.
More Community News
- Kayaks take plunge in Falls
- Council OKs Akron residential tax plan
- E-poll books may update voting process in county
- Inside|Out art spreads to Copley, West Akron
- Breaux promotes positive attitude on bench
- West Side News & Notes
- Love Akron Network Awards Breakfast focusing on civility
- Summit County officials train for emergencies
- Norton bans medical marijuana operations in city
- Humane Society has new Mobile Adoption Center
- Falls receives grant for preserve project
- Falls breaks ground for downtown revitalization
- City offering electronics recycling
- Falls cleanup May 1-12
- Trustees holding public hearings on fee
- Richfield approves resolutions on autism, intolerance
- Granger officials hear update on proposed conservancy district
- Kiwanis creates baskets for women’s shelter
- MCBDD suggests early detection key for autism
- Touch-A-Truck event offering close-up view
- Council hears schoolhouse recommendation
- Springfield dedicates new playground, trail
- Coventry BOE seeking fiscal emergency release
- New Franklin Council absences delay adoption of legislation
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 4/29/2017
- In Search of Woodcocks - 4/29/2017
- World Tai Chi and Qi Gong Day - 4/29/2017
- Yoga - 4/29/2017
- Rubber City Beatlefest with Hard Days Night and Just Imagine: The Reunion Concert - 4/29/2017