2013 Shop With a Cop serves Norton community
The student participants this year were Adreonna Hickman, Isaiah Gordon, Annabelle Ingham, Lily Ray, Kate Ray, J’Quan Vince, Shavonne Sensor, Deanna Byrd, Eva Ray and Samuel Hickman.
The group from this year’s trip is shown above.
Each student received a $110 Wal-Mart gift card that was used to purchase gifts for their families and something for themselves. After shopping, the children were treated to a lunch with the officers at Lakeview Intermediate School in Stow. Each family also received a $50 Acme gift card donated by the Norton Women’s Club.
Thirty-one Summit County Law Enforcement agencies participated in the annual event with a 15-minute procession from the school to the shopping plaza.
After returning from shopping, the officers and students met up with the Norton Kiwanis, whose members helped wrapped all the gifts.
More than $1,800 was raised for this event.
In addition, the 2013 Norton Safety Forces Food Drive was organized by the Norton Police FOP 119 and Norton Fire Local 26. Donations are shown below.
Officers who volunteered included Chief Mike Schultz; Lt. Roger Ramstellar; firefighters Joe Kungel and William Sandman; Dalessandro and patrolmen Weiss, Starling, Dennis McDonald, Besse, McShane, Sams, Vari and William Braman; and Fisher.
In nine hours this year, the safety forces collected $1,000 and a large amount of nonperishable food items. All the money that was collected will be dispersed in $50 Acme gift cards to families in need and also the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank to purchase items in need, according to organizers.
|Photos courtesy of Brett McShane|
More Community News
- Council districts subject of opposing issues
- Fun in season at Ohio Mart
- Akron expanding Wallhaven business district
- Creator of Portage Path sculptures returning for lecture
- West Side News & Notes
- Veterans get helping hand
- County Council selling bonds for The Village at St. Edward
- Urban Ounce of Prevention festivities mark 25th anniversary
- Work on Route 18 nearing completion for 2015
- Sessions on retirement planned
- Akron SCORE celebrates anniversary
- Bath trustees OK payment for Heritage Corridors project
- Bath Community Fund celebrates success
- Richfield trustees support Issue 22
- Cuyahoga Falls billboards promote medical information program
- Council introduces vicious dog legislation
- Bulldog Dash raises funds for Green schools
- Springfield district seeking renewal of two levies
- County Council holds public hearing for sewer project
- Council districts subject of opposing ballot issues
- South Side News & Notes
- Summer sewer rate discussed in Akron
Calendar of Events
- An Evening of American Indian Arts - 10/13/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 10/13/2015
- Symphony Land Story Time with the Canton Symphony Orchestra - 10/13/2015
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 10/14/2015
- Know Your iPad; Searching the Internet - 10/14/2015