2013 Shop With a Cop serves Norton community
The student participants this year were Adreonna Hickman, Isaiah Gordon, Annabelle Ingham, Lily Ray, Kate Ray, J’Quan Vince, Shavonne Sensor, Deanna Byrd, Eva Ray and Samuel Hickman.
The group from this year’s trip is shown above.
Each student received a $110 Wal-Mart gift card that was used to purchase gifts for their families and something for themselves. After shopping, the children were treated to a lunch with the officers at Lakeview Intermediate School in Stow. Each family also received a $50 Acme gift card donated by the Norton Women’s Club.
Thirty-one Summit County Law Enforcement agencies participated in the annual event with a 15-minute procession from the school to the shopping plaza.
After returning from shopping, the officers and students met up with the Norton Kiwanis, whose members helped wrapped all the gifts.
More than $1,800 was raised for this event.
In addition, the 2013 Norton Safety Forces Food Drive was organized by the Norton Police FOP 119 and Norton Fire Local 26. Donations are shown below.
Officers who volunteered included Chief Mike Schultz; Lt. Roger Ramstellar; firefighters Joe Kungel and William Sandman; Dalessandro and patrolmen Weiss, Starling, Dennis McDonald, Besse, McShane, Sams, Vari and William Braman; and Fisher.
In nine hours this year, the safety forces collected $1,000 and a large amount of nonperishable food items. All the money that was collected will be dispersed in $50 Acme gift cards to families in need and also the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank to purchase items in need, according to organizers.
|Photos courtesy of Brett McShane|
More Community News
- Bath parks levy renewal on May ballot
- Area communities offering Safety Town
- Woodridge studying future of school buildings
- Council OKs new Dollar General in Merriman Valley
- Youth employment program getting on its way
- Falls Council OKs purchase for Electrical Department
- Norton Council accepts Moving Ohio Forward funds
- Boston trustees take step to clear property
- Sharon trustees discuss recent township break-ins
- Granger trustees approve tax abatement guidelines
- KAB names litter prevention campaign contest winners
- LaRose honors local youth
- YMCAs presenting Healthy Kids Day
- Montrose transportation meeting set for May 15
- United Way announces education investments, new funding strategy
- West Side News & Notes
- Green district seeking levy renewal
- Children celebrate Easter early
- Board strikes deal to keep fitness center running
- Springfield officer honored for service
- Grant possibility could increase police presence in Coventry
- Youth employment program on its way
- Rebuilding Together to improve nine area homes
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Easter Family Fun Day - 4/19/2014
- Sensory Story Time - 4/19/2014
- Terrarium Workshop - 4/19/2014
- Hop, Hop, Hop! - 4/19/2014
- “Snow White and the Magic Mirror: A Grimm Tale” - 4/19/2014