2013 Shop With a Cop serves Norton community
The student participants this year were Adreonna Hickman, Isaiah Gordon, Annabelle Ingham, Lily Ray, Kate Ray, J’Quan Vince, Shavonne Sensor, Deanna Byrd, Eva Ray and Samuel Hickman.
The group from this year’s trip is shown above.
Each student received a $110 Wal-Mart gift card that was used to purchase gifts for their families and something for themselves. After shopping, the children were treated to a lunch with the officers at Lakeview Intermediate School in Stow. Each family also received a $50 Acme gift card donated by the Norton Women’s Club.
Thirty-one Summit County Law Enforcement agencies participated in the annual event with a 15-minute procession from the school to the shopping plaza.
After returning from shopping, the officers and students met up with the Norton Kiwanis, whose members helped wrapped all the gifts.
More than $1,800 was raised for this event.
In addition, the 2013 Norton Safety Forces Food Drive was organized by the Norton Police FOP 119 and Norton Fire Local 26. Donations are shown below.
Officers who volunteered included Chief Mike Schultz; Lt. Roger Ramstellar; firefighters Joe Kungel and William Sandman; Dalessandro and patrolmen Weiss, Starling, Dennis McDonald, Besse, McShane, Sams, Vari and William Braman; and Fisher.
In nine hours this year, the safety forces collected $1,000 and a large amount of nonperishable food items. All the money that was collected will be dispersed in $50 Acme gift cards to families in need and also the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank to purchase items in need, according to organizers.
|Photos courtesy of Brett McShane|
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office talks policing contract, sales tax with Coventry
- Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
- Green Council denies zoning for apartment complex
- New Franklin Council OKs lawsuit settlement
- County Council gives partial support to Breaking Addiction Act
- Spring Hill gets new playground
- ACF, city join to award grants for local neighborhoods
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014