Bath holds first meeting of 2014
The first Bath Township Board of Trustees meeting for 2014 was held Jan. 6.
The meeting began with Trustee Becky Corbett being sworn in for her new term. She was re-elected this past November.
The trustees also agreed to remove several township employees from probationary status.
Bath Police Department Officer Robert Young was removed from probationary status retroactive to Jan. 1. According to Police Chief Michael McNeely, Young has been a great addition to the staff.
Full-time firefighters/paramedics Geoff Kuzas and Chris Null, as well as full-time Lt. John Rodriguez, were all removed from probationary status. Additionally, part-time firefighters/emergency medical technicians Michael Jones and Cody Bennett were removed from probationary status.
“These young men are the next generation,” said Fire Chief Walter Hower. “They are learning a lot and have gained a lot of experience on the job.”
Trustees also approved the resignation of Park Director/Assistant Service Director Michael Rorar effective Feb. 15. According to Township Administrator Vito Sinopoli, Rorar is leaving Bath to pursue a job in Stark County.
“It has been a pleasure working with Michael over the years,” Sinopoli said. “In this past year especially, we have worked together on some challenging things, and his hard work and dedication will truly be missed.”
In other business, trustees:
- approved a payment to Century Equipment for the purchase of a replacement trail vehicle in the amount of $22,000. This was a planned replacement in 2014 and was included in the budget for the year;
- approved a resolution congratulating the Revere High School boys soccer team on winning the state championship this past fall. Trustees plan to present the resolution to the team at a later date; and
- reminded the public that Chillin’ on the Hill will take place Feb. 9 from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Bath Nature Preserve.
The board’s next meeting will be Jan. 21, a day later than usual due to Martin Luther King Jr. Day, at 4 p.m. in the trustees’ meeting room of the Bath Administration Building, located at 3864 W. Bath Road.
More Community News
Calendar of Events
- Akron Symphony Orchestra - 8/2/2015
- Bobby Selvaggio Quartet - 8/2/2015
- Phil ‘n the Blanks - 8/2/2015
- Natural Discoveries Hiking Series: Sounds of Summer - 8/2/2015
- Colin Dussault - 8/3/2015