New Norton Council members sworn in
|Photos courtesy of Ann Campbell|
The new members, who were elected this past November, include Rick Rodgers (Ward 1), Danny Grether (Ward 2), Dennis Pierson (Ward 3) and Paul Tousley (Ward 4). They were all sworn in by Barberton Municipal Judge Dave Fish with their family and friends present. Rodgers is shown at right top, Grether is shown at right top middle, Pierson is shown at right bottom middle at far right and Tousley is shown at right bottom.
After the swearing-in ceremony, nominations were opened for the election of president and vice president of Council. Grether nominated Rodgers, and Councilwoman Charlotte Whipkey (at large) nominated herself for president. Council then voted and Rodgers was elected president.
Grether then nominated Whipkey for vice president, and Council members then voted in her favor.
Council next will meet Jan. 13 at 7 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Safety-Administration Building, 4060 Columbia Woods Drive.
— By Julia Kazar
More Community News
- Proposed sales tax bump to fund safety needs
- Temple Israel makes move to Montrose
- Akron Council takes stand against powdered alcohol
- County agencies honor Violence Against Women Act
- Zane’s Foundation supports those with special needs
- AAF-Akron helps fight hunger in community
- Contract for medical coverage for county employees on table
- Boston trustees eliminate senior snow plow program
- Sharon officials announce upcoming township events
- Akron Community Foundation approves $2.3 million in grants
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “Shane” - 10/2/2014
- Putting Your Garden to Bed - 10/2/2014
- Preschool Pals Story Time - 10/2/2014
- All-Beethoven Concert - 10/2/2014
- Paul Theroux on China: The Years Between Mao and Modernism - 10/2/2014