New Norton Council members sworn in
|Photos courtesy of Ann Campbell|
The new members, who were elected this past November, include Rick Rodgers (Ward 1), Danny Grether (Ward 2), Dennis Pierson (Ward 3) and Paul Tousley (Ward 4). They were all sworn in by Barberton Municipal Judge Dave Fish with their family and friends present. Rodgers is shown at right top, Grether is shown at right top middle, Pierson is shown at right bottom middle at far right and Tousley is shown at right bottom.
After the swearing-in ceremony, nominations were opened for the election of president and vice president of Council. Grether nominated Rodgers, and Councilwoman Charlotte Whipkey (at large) nominated herself for president. Council then voted and Rodgers was elected president.
Grether then nominated Whipkey for vice president, and Council members then voted in her favor.
Council next will meet Jan. 13 at 7 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Safety-Administration Building, 4060 Columbia Woods Drive.
— By Julia Kazar
More Community News
- Council supports ‘Breaking Addiction Act’
- All’s fair at annual Summit County event
- Yellow Creek advocates explore conservancy idea
- Grandmother creates memorial for slain grandson
- Copley Heritage Day set for Aug. 2
- Falls Council continues to mull Menards deal
- Road construction begins on Hines Hill Road
- Granger Fire Department moving forward with grant proposal
- Sharon trustees approve fire levy for November ballot
- Medina County Fair offering variety of activities
- Akron Rotary inducts president
- Sno-cone sale benefits playground project
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Voices in the Valley: The Womack Family Band - 8/1/2014
- Family Fun Night - 8/1/2014
- Social Bingo Days - 8/1/2014
- “Shout! The Mod Musical” - 8/2/2014
- RadiatriX with The Living and VON Isley - 8/2/2014