New Norton Council members sworn in
|Photos courtesy of Ann Campbell|
The new members, who were elected this past November, include Rick Rodgers (Ward 1), Danny Grether (Ward 2), Dennis Pierson (Ward 3) and Paul Tousley (Ward 4). They were all sworn in by Barberton Municipal Judge Dave Fish with their family and friends present. Rodgers is shown at right top, Grether is shown at right top middle, Pierson is shown at right bottom middle at far right and Tousley is shown at right bottom.
After the swearing-in ceremony, nominations were opened for the election of president and vice president of Council. Grether nominated Rodgers, and Councilwoman Charlotte Whipkey (at large) nominated herself for president. Council then voted and Rodgers was elected president.
Grether then nominated Whipkey for vice president, and Council members then voted in her favor.
Council next will meet Jan. 13 at 7 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Safety-Administration Building, 4060 Columbia Woods Drive.
— By Julia Kazar
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
- Lakemore requesting income tax increase
- Coventry moving ahead with police ballot issue
- Springfield trustees to place new parks levy on ballot
- South Side News & Notes
- Akron mayor wants Oriana House audit
- Green mayor to give State of City
Calendar of Events
- The Lincoln Inaugural Train - 1/23/2017
- “Reasons to Be Happy” - 1/24/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 1/25/2017
- Tuesday Musical: Imani Winds - 1/25/2017
- Full Circle Storytelling - 1/25/2017