New Norton Council members sworn in
|Photos courtesy of Ann Campbell|
The new members, who were elected this past November, include Rick Rodgers (Ward 1), Danny Grether (Ward 2), Dennis Pierson (Ward 3) and Paul Tousley (Ward 4). They were all sworn in by Barberton Municipal Judge Dave Fish with their family and friends present. Rodgers is shown at right top, Grether is shown at right top middle, Pierson is shown at right bottom middle at far right and Tousley is shown at right bottom.
After the swearing-in ceremony, nominations were opened for the election of president and vice president of Council. Grether nominated Rodgers, and Councilwoman Charlotte Whipkey (at large) nominated herself for president. Council then voted and Rodgers was elected president.
Grether then nominated Whipkey for vice president, and Council members then voted in her favor.
Council next will meet Jan. 13 at 7 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Safety-Administration Building, 4060 Columbia Woods Drive.
— By Julia Kazar
More Community News
- First major Akron CSO project underway
- Culture celebrated at Global Village Festival
- Some Council members awaiting CSO update
- Community Health Center celebrating 40 years
- St. Sebastian Parish School marking 85th anniversary
- County’s Personnel Committee ironing out employee benefits
- Bath purchasing larger recycling carts
- Boston trustees discuss Halloween activities
- Sharon trustees learn of successful charity garage sale
- Library celebrates milestones with party
- River cleanup volunteers needed
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Highland Book Club: “Wonder” by R.J. Palacio - 9/18/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 9/18/2014
- “The Lady Eve” - 9/18/2014
- Are You Ready for Social Security? - 9/18/2014
- The Help - 9/19/2014