New Norton Council members sworn in
|Photos courtesy of Ann Campbell|
The new members, who were elected this past November, include Rick Rodgers (Ward 1), Danny Grether (Ward 2), Dennis Pierson (Ward 3) and Paul Tousley (Ward 4). They were all sworn in by Barberton Municipal Judge Dave Fish with their family and friends present. Rodgers is shown at right top, Grether is shown at right top middle, Pierson is shown at right bottom middle at far right and Tousley is shown at right bottom.
After the swearing-in ceremony, nominations were opened for the election of president and vice president of Council. Grether nominated Rodgers, and Councilwoman Charlotte Whipkey (at large) nominated herself for president. Council then voted and Rodgers was elected president.
Grether then nominated Whipkey for vice president, and Council members then voted in her favor.
Council next will meet Jan. 13 at 7 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Safety-Administration Building, 4060 Columbia Woods Drive.
— By Julia Kazar
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
- Coventry to further fund flood mitigation
- Local man ‘model’ citizen with building hobby
- County Council notes success of Gay Games
- Cottage Grove School set for demolition
- Kick for The Cure benefiting Camp Quality, hospice
- Springfield trustees seeking to reduce water/sewer bills further
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 8/27/2014
- Tai Chi for those touched by cancer - 8/27/2014
- Pilates - 8/27/2014
- “Divergent” - 8/28/2014
- 11th Annual Juried Fiber Arts Show - 8/29/2014