Granger trustees lay foundation for 2014
The Granger Township Board of Trustees’ first regular meeting of the year Jan. 13 was marked by approval of several annual housekeeping items.
Trustee Teri Berry was sworn in by Fiscal Officer Don Baker for her fifth term in office. Baker noted Trustee Richard Pace had already been sworn in to serve his second term in office.
Both Berry and Pace were re-elected in the General Election last fall. Berry was selected as chairperson of the board for 2014, while Pace will take the position of trustee vice chairperson.
Annual housekeeping items approved at the meeting included resolutions regarding policies for regular blanket certificates, authorizing purchases, advancing taxes, disposing of equipment by Internet auction and providing beverages in the Administration Building.
Trustees also signed an annual township road mileage certification unchanged from last year at 34.12 miles.
In other business, trustees approved temporary appropriations not to exceed $1 million. Permanent appropriations will be set in February, said Baker.
Also at the meeting, Service Director Mark Novak reported this winter season the township has ordered approximately 482 tons of road salt and has approximately 200 tons currently in storage.
Trustees also noted two public information items:
- The Rocky River Watershed Council will hold its annual meeting Jan. 22 at Allardale Park in Granger, which will include an update on Granger Ditch wetlands, according to chairperson Ed Kelly. For more information, call Kelly at 330-241-1663.
- Medina County residents may dispose of Christmas trees free of charge at the Medina County Yard Waste Composting Facility at 8700 Lake Road in Seville from 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and 7:30 a.m. to noon Saturdays. Trees must be free of plastic bags, tinsel or other wrapping.
A final item of business during the meeting was for trustees to hold an executive session to discuss dismissal and discipline. No action was taken following the discussion.
The next regular Granger Board of Trustees meeting is scheduled for Jan. 27 at 4 p.m. at the Granger Township Administration Building, 3717 Ridge Road.
More Community News
- Kayaks take plunge in Falls
- Council OKs Akron residential tax plan
- E-poll books may update voting process in county
- Inside|Out art spreads to Copley, West Akron
- Breaux promotes positive attitude on bench
- West Side News & Notes
- Love Akron Network Awards Breakfast focusing on civility
- Summit County officials train for emergencies
- Norton bans medical marijuana operations in city
- Humane Society has new Mobile Adoption Center
- Falls receives grant for preserve project
- Falls breaks ground for downtown revitalization
- City offering electronics recycling
- Falls cleanup May 1-12
- Trustees holding public hearings on fee
- Richfield approves resolutions on autism, intolerance
- Granger officials hear update on proposed conservancy district
- Kiwanis creates baskets for women’s shelter
- MCBDD suggests early detection key for autism
- Touch-A-Truck event offering close-up view
- Council hears schoolhouse recommendation
- Springfield dedicates new playground, trail
- Coventry BOE seeking fiscal emergency release
- New Franklin Council absences delay adoption of legislation
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Choral Concert - 4/28/2017
- Astronomy Club of Akron: Daniel Rothstein on The Four Red Shifts - 4/28/2017
- Bluebell Valley Hike - 4/28/2017
- Rape Crisis Center of Medina & Summit Counties Walk of Heroes - 4/28/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 4/29/2017