Green native returns to retire jersey
|Photo: Lew Stamp|
The ceremony was held prior to the start of the Green vs. Tallmadge High School boys’ varsity basketball game.
Shown above, from left, with two mounted jerseys are Green High School Principal Cindy Brown, former Green baseball coach Jon Wallace (who was recently named head football coach), Lough and Green High School Assistant Principal Erich Muzi, a former assistant football coach.
According to Green officials, Lough earned 10 varsity letters at Green as a player in soccer, football, basketball and baseball. He played baseball and football at Mercyhurst University. Lough was the Royals’ 11th-round selection in the 2007 draft and made his major league debut in 2012.
Also at the game, the Green High School Athletic Department donated $1 for each adult ticket sold at the game to the National Honor Society for its scholarship fund.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Community News
- Akron welcoming NBA star ‘back home’
- Old-fashioned carnival celebrates SCHS anniversary
- Woodridge bids farewell to board member
- APS board accepts donation from foundation
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Boston trustees discuss issues with road project
- Sharon officials provide update on smell
- Falls drafts deal for development of Menards
- Norton working on flood control on Newpark Drive
- Granger Fire personnel sworn in
- Fairlawn officials investigating nightly room rentals in residences
- West Side News & Notes
- Springfield superintendent retiring
- Road resurfacing behind schedule in Coventry
- Pine Lake residents object to new Lauer Park entrance
Calendar of Events
- Mr. Bubble - 7/22/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 7/22/2014
- A New Beginning - 7/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 7/23/2014
- Music in the Meadow: Mo’ Mojo - 7/23/2014