Green native returns to retire jersey
|Photo: Lew Stamp|
The ceremony was held prior to the start of the Green vs. Tallmadge High School boys’ varsity basketball game.
Shown above, from left, with two mounted jerseys are Green High School Principal Cindy Brown, former Green baseball coach Jon Wallace (who was recently named head football coach), Lough and Green High School Assistant Principal Erich Muzi, a former assistant football coach.
According to Green officials, Lough earned 10 varsity letters at Green as a player in soccer, football, basketball and baseball. He played baseball and football at Mercyhurst University. Lough was the Royals’ 11th-round selection in the 2007 draft and made his major league debut in 2012.
Also at the game, the Green High School Athletic Department donated $1 for each adult ticket sold at the game to the National Honor Society for its scholarship fund.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
- Coventry to further fund flood mitigation
- Local man ‘model’ citizen with building hobby
- County Council notes success of Gay Games
- Cottage Grove School set for demolition
- Kick for The Cure benefiting Camp Quality, hospice
- Springfield trustees seeking to reduce water/sewer bills further
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 8/27/2014
- Tai Chi for those touched by cancer - 8/27/2014
- Pilates - 8/27/2014
- “Divergent” - 8/28/2014
- 11th Annual Juried Fiber Arts Show - 8/29/2014