Green native returns to retire jersey
|Photo: Lew Stamp|
The ceremony was held prior to the start of the Green vs. Tallmadge High School boys’ varsity basketball game.
Shown above, from left, with two mounted jerseys are Green High School Principal Cindy Brown, former Green baseball coach Jon Wallace (who was recently named head football coach), Lough and Green High School Assistant Principal Erich Muzi, a former assistant football coach.
According to Green officials, Lough earned 10 varsity letters at Green as a player in soccer, football, basketball and baseball. He played baseball and football at Mercyhurst University. Lough was the Royals’ 11th-round selection in the 2007 draft and made his major league debut in 2012.
Also at the game, the Green High School Athletic Department donated $1 for each adult ticket sold at the game to the National Honor Society for its scholarship fund.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Community News
- State capital improvements issue on ballot
- Blue herons prepare for new arrivals
- West Akron rezoning request withdrawn
- Fundraisers for brain cancer research planned
- Eagle Scouts plan special trip to honor D-Day
- County Council considering raises for employees
- Fairlawn Police Department promotes five officers
- Peninsula Council approves agricultural district renewal
- Bath trustees conduct business for Revere students
- Dates set for annual Richfield community celebration
- Richfield trustees approve settlement for use of crusher
- Copley seeking new bids to raze Community Center
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Chuck Loeb, Everett Harp and Jeff Lorber - 4/25/2014
- Social Texas Hold ‘em for Seniors, - 4/25/2014
- Ballroom Nights - 4/25/2014
- How Sweet Was It? - 4/25/2014
- Akron Symphony Pops Orchestra - 4/25/2014