Green native returns to retire jersey
|Photo: Lew Stamp|
The ceremony was held prior to the start of the Green vs. Tallmadge High School boys’ varsity basketball game.
Shown above, from left, with two mounted jerseys are Green High School Principal Cindy Brown, former Green baseball coach Jon Wallace (who was recently named head football coach), Lough and Green High School Assistant Principal Erich Muzi, a former assistant football coach.
According to Green officials, Lough earned 10 varsity letters at Green as a player in soccer, football, basketball and baseball. He played baseball and football at Mercyhurst University. Lough was the Royals’ 11th-round selection in the 2007 draft and made his major league debut in 2012.
Also at the game, the Green High School Athletic Department donated $1 for each adult ticket sold at the game to the National Honor Society for its scholarship fund.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Community News
- Portage Crossing coming to life
- Glowing lights shine at Holiday Tree Festival
- Norton police chief sworn in
- Akron addressing daytime burglaries
- Wanted: Holiday volunteers
- Council supports grant application for Richfield site
- Skaters, hockey players to benefit from plow purchase
- Richfield reviewing proposed guidelines for historic district
- Richfield trustees review proposals for police, fire contracts
- Granger trustees agree Brenelle Lane should not be terminated
- Turkeys common in Metro Parks
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Pre-Holiday Book Sale - 11/26/2014
- Nature Drawing for Adults - 11/26/2014
- Joseph Arthur - 11/26/2014
- Mo Mojo - 11/26/2014
- History Hike - 11/28/2014