Green native returns to retire jersey
|Photo: Lew Stamp|
The ceremony was held prior to the start of the Green vs. Tallmadge High School boys’ varsity basketball game.
Shown above, from left, with two mounted jerseys are Green High School Principal Cindy Brown, former Green baseball coach Jon Wallace (who was recently named head football coach), Lough and Green High School Assistant Principal Erich Muzi, a former assistant football coach.
According to Green officials, Lough earned 10 varsity letters at Green as a player in soccer, football, basketball and baseball. He played baseball and football at Mercyhurst University. Lough was the Royals’ 11th-round selection in the 2007 draft and made his major league debut in 2012.
Also at the game, the Green High School Athletic Department donated $1 for each adult ticket sold at the game to the National Honor Society for its scholarship fund.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Community News
- Youth curfews in place for safety
- What’s curfew in your community?
- Good times roll at PorchRokr
- Bath police replacement levy before voters
- County Council removes ‘fair’ from ballot wording
- Granger cadet takes flight
- West Side News & Notes
- Essex blooms with community support
- Boston officials discuss issues with JEDD
- Scouts spruce up Norton Primary
- New recycling program successful in Sharon
Calendar of Events
- Taste It and Make It Food Preparation Series - 9/3/2015
- “The Divergent Series: Insurgent” - 9/3/2015
- Hooked on Books: “My Antonia” by Willa Cather - 9/3/2015
- Small Footprint: Getting Started - 9/3/2015
- Tai Chi and Self Defense - 9/4/2015