Cool talents on display at UA Ice Festival
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
UA alumnus Aaron Costic, who has won Olympic gold for ice carving and is the owner of Elegant Ice Creations, is shown at right top as he sits on a throne of ice at the outdoor event. Costic’s company donated the huge blocks of ice for the event, according to UA officials.
Pictured at right bottom is Caleb Landis, a student in the Hospitality Management program, as he works on his peacock sculpture. Landis, president of the UA Culinary Artists Club, won first place in the student competition for the entry.
Dan Johnson, a UA alumnus, is pictured above as he works on his sculpture, which came in third.
Inside the Student Union, other UA culinary arts students competed in vegetable carving events and also made creations out of salt dough.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Council supports ‘Breaking Addiction Act’
- All’s fair at annual Summit County event
- Yellow Creek advocates explore conservancy idea
- Grandmother creates memorial for slain grandson
- Copley Heritage Day set for Aug. 2
- Falls Council continues to mull Menards deal
- Road construction begins on Hines Hill Road
- Granger Fire Department moving forward with grant proposal
- Sharon trustees approve fire levy for November ballot
- Medina County Fair offering variety of activities
- Akron Rotary inducts president
- Sno-cone sale benefits playground project
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Voices in the Valley: The Womack Family Band - 8/1/2014
- Family Fun Night - 8/1/2014
- Social Bingo Days - 8/1/2014
- “Shout! The Mod Musical” - 8/2/2014
- RadiatriX with The Living and VON Isley - 8/2/2014