Cool talents on display at UA Ice Festival
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
UA alumnus Aaron Costic, who has won Olympic gold for ice carving and is the owner of Elegant Ice Creations, is shown at right top as he sits on a throne of ice at the outdoor event. Costic’s company donated the huge blocks of ice for the event, according to UA officials.
Pictured at right bottom is Caleb Landis, a student in the Hospitality Management program, as he works on his peacock sculpture. Landis, president of the UA Culinary Artists Club, won first place in the student competition for the entry.
Dan Johnson, a UA alumnus, is pictured above as he works on his sculpture, which came in third.
Inside the Student Union, other UA culinary arts students competed in vegetable carving events and also made creations out of salt dough.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Helen Welch Trio; Jan Rookard and Ray McCall - 12/3/2016
- Glass Fusing: Make a Tiny Bowl - 12/3/2016
- Illusion Factory’s “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” - 12/3/2016
- Mind Your Own Beeswax Workshop - 12/3/2016
- Women’s Art League Show - 12/3/2016