Cool talents on display at UA Ice Festival
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
UA alumnus Aaron Costic, who has won Olympic gold for ice carving and is the owner of Elegant Ice Creations, is shown at right top as he sits on a throne of ice at the outdoor event. Costic’s company donated the huge blocks of ice for the event, according to UA officials.
Pictured at right bottom is Caleb Landis, a student in the Hospitality Management program, as he works on his peacock sculpture. Landis, president of the UA Culinary Artists Club, won first place in the student competition for the entry.
Dan Johnson, a UA alumnus, is pictured above as he works on his sculpture, which came in third.
Inside the Student Union, other UA culinary arts students competed in vegetable carving events and also made creations out of salt dough.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Confusion follows Falls Councilís charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
Calendar of Events
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 8/5/2015
- #Akron Music Scene Showcase - 8/5/2015
- Shivering Timbers - 8/5/2015
- Yoga in the Park: Active Flow - 8/6/2015
- Introduction to Pressure Canning - 8/6/2015