Cool talents on display at UA Ice Festival
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
UA alumnus Aaron Costic, who has won Olympic gold for ice carving and is the owner of Elegant Ice Creations, is shown at right top as he sits on a throne of ice at the outdoor event. Costic’s company donated the huge blocks of ice for the event, according to UA officials.
Pictured at right bottom is Caleb Landis, a student in the Hospitality Management program, as he works on his peacock sculpture. Landis, president of the UA Culinary Artists Club, won first place in the student competition for the entry.
Dan Johnson, a UA alumnus, is pictured above as he works on his sculpture, which came in third.
Inside the Student Union, other UA culinary arts students competed in vegetable carving events and also made creations out of salt dough.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
Calendar of Events
- Kids Yoga and Mindfulness: ages 7-10 - 1/19/2017
- “The Ditchdigger’s Daughter” - 1/19/2017
- “Top Hat” - 1/19/2017
- Double T Quilt Club - 1/19/2017
- Reimagining the Civic Commons: with the #CreativeSummit Community - 1/19/2017