Copley teen earns Eagle rank
|Photo courtesy of Don Ostapowicz|
For his Eagle project, Jackson, 15, shown above right, supervised his fellow Scouts in creating a flower and vegetable garden for the Salvation Army facility on South Maple Street in West Akron. The garden is used for youth programs.
Jackson started his Scouting career as a member of Cub Scout Pack No. 3390 in Fairlawn, earning an Arrow of Light, and has served in many leadership roles with the troop.
A sophomore at Copley High School, Jackson is a member of the football team and is a former member of the marching band, where he was a percussionist.
Jackson attends Grace Church in Bath and is involved with the Young Life youth group. Last summer, he attended a Christian retreat in Colorado.
His parents are Joyce Johnson and Don Ostapowicz, of Copley.
Jackson is the third Eagle Scout in his family, following his older brothers, Peter, a 2011 graduate of Copley High School, and Kevin, who is a senior at Copley.
More Community News
- Akron proposes city construction company
- Flowers herald coming spring
- County joining fight against mail sorting office closure
- Woodridge ‘big loser’ in proposed state budget
- New Revere superintendent ready for challenge
- West Side News & Notes
- Summit County marking 175 years
- Women’s Endowment Fund awards grants
- Presentation on student use of electronics planned
- Peninsula library offering March classes
- BVS hosting blood drive
- Bath OKs raise for park employees with additional training
- Boston facing salt shortage
- Altrusa International hosting prom dress event
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report
Calendar of Events
- Creative Writing for Homeschoolers - 3/5/2015
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 3/5/2015
- “The Boxtrolls” - 3/5/2015
- Paws and Prayers’ Paws Vegas - 3/6/2015
- Homeschoolers: Green Thumbs - 3/6/2015