Akron Children’s Hospital seeking Change Bandits
DOWNTOWN AKRON — Akron Children’s Hospital is seeking Change Bandits to support the 15th annual Have a Heart, Do Your Part Radiothon presented by 98.1 WKDD, which will air Feb. 13-15.
The Change Bandits campaign is a grassroots fundraising effort designed to turn spare change into miracles for children treated at Akron Children’s Hospital, according to hospital officials. Serving as a Change Bandit also allows participants the opportunity to raise money for the hospital and turn in their donations on air, according to hospital officials.
“The Change Bandit campaign is unique because it gives people a way to participate for their own reasons,” said Nicci Avalon, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals program manager at Akron Children’s Hospital. “We receive great support. Whether it’s former patients and their families saying thank you for the care they received, or schools and organizations supporting our patients, these Change Bandits help us provide our patients with the best care.”
Prizes will be awarded to the top Change Bandits in five categories: individuals, schools/organizations, small companies (less than 100 employees), large companies (more than 100 employees) and hospital departments, according to hospital officials.
Individual Change Bandits are given a fundraising goal of $100, which can purchase 575 diapers or 100 pacifiers. Change Bandit groups are given a fundraising goal of $250, which can purchase 8,300 bandages or 2,735 children’s toothbrushes, according to hospital officials.
In 15 years, nearly 6,000 Change Bandits have donated more than $2.2 million during the radiothon, according to hospital officials. To date, the radiothon has raised more than $8.3 million for the patients at Akron Children’s Hospital, officials added.
Anyone interested in becoming a Change Bandit can register by visiting www.akronchildrens.org, clicking on “Events” at the bottom and then Have a Heart, Do Your Part Radiothon listed under the Feb. 13 date, or fax a name, address and phone number to the Akron Children’s Hospital Foundation at 330-543-4335. Change Bandit fundraising kits will be mailed to participants.
More Community News
- Local issues filed for November ballot
- Richfield celebrates annual Community Day
- James keeps focus on today’s youth at rally
- County Council committees back at work
- Heritage Woods residents ask for four-way stop at intersection
- Falls Council OKs contract to bring Menards to Graham Road
- Peninsula planning commission meetings moved
- Council addresses return of Richfield School bell
- Plans for administration building still being worked out
- Granger trustees considering proposal for conservatory
- Inaugural race, walk benefitting Akron Children’s PICU
- Elms students volunteer in New York
- West Side News & Notes
- Familiar face heading up Highland athletics
- Woodridge looking forward to competitive season
Calendar of Events
- Norma Wagner Uray: Fashion Illustrations - 8/21/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Trains and Lovers,” by Alexander McCall Smith - 8/21/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 8/21/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 8/21/2014
- GriefCare Place - 8/21/2014