Akron Children’s Hospital seeking Change Bandits
DOWNTOWN AKRON — Akron Children’s Hospital is seeking Change Bandits to support the 15th annual Have a Heart, Do Your Part Radiothon presented by 98.1 WKDD, which will air Feb. 13-15.
The Change Bandits campaign is a grassroots fundraising effort designed to turn spare change into miracles for children treated at Akron Children’s Hospital, according to hospital officials. Serving as a Change Bandit also allows participants the opportunity to raise money for the hospital and turn in their donations on air, according to hospital officials.
“The Change Bandit campaign is unique because it gives people a way to participate for their own reasons,” said Nicci Avalon, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals program manager at Akron Children’s Hospital. “We receive great support. Whether it’s former patients and their families saying thank you for the care they received, or schools and organizations supporting our patients, these Change Bandits help us provide our patients with the best care.”
Prizes will be awarded to the top Change Bandits in five categories: individuals, schools/organizations, small companies (less than 100 employees), large companies (more than 100 employees) and hospital departments, according to hospital officials.
Individual Change Bandits are given a fundraising goal of $100, which can purchase 575 diapers or 100 pacifiers. Change Bandit groups are given a fundraising goal of $250, which can purchase 8,300 bandages or 2,735 children’s toothbrushes, according to hospital officials.
In 15 years, nearly 6,000 Change Bandits have donated more than $2.2 million during the radiothon, according to hospital officials. To date, the radiothon has raised more than $8.3 million for the patients at Akron Children’s Hospital, officials added.
Anyone interested in becoming a Change Bandit can register by visiting www.akronchildrens.org, clicking on “Events” at the bottom and then Have a Heart, Do Your Part Radiothon listed under the Feb. 13 date, or fax a name, address and phone number to the Akron Children’s Hospital Foundation at 330-543-4335. Change Bandit fundraising kits will be mailed to participants.
More Community News
- Akron proposes city construction company
- Flowers herald coming spring
- County joining fight against mail sorting office closure
- Woodridge ‘big loser’ in proposed state budget
- New Revere superintendent ready for challenge
- West Side News & Notes
- Summit County marking 175 years
- Women’s Endowment Fund awards grants
- Presentation on student use of electronics planned
- Peninsula library offering March classes
- BVS hosting blood drive
- Bath OKs raise for park employees with additional training
- Boston facing salt shortage
- Altrusa International hosting prom dress event
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report
Calendar of Events
- Creative Writing for Homeschoolers - 3/5/2015
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 3/5/2015
- “The Boxtrolls” - 3/5/2015
- Paws and Prayers’ Paws Vegas - 3/6/2015
- Homeschoolers: Green Thumbs - 3/6/2015