Wintry weather sets stage for Winterfest
Pictured above are attendees meeting the dogs from Diamond Dogs Kennel, operated by musher Shannon Miller, of Diamond.
Virginia Williams, 10, of Copley, is pictured at right as she took advantage of the skating rink at the park. Her mother, Heather Williams, shown behind her, said Virginia is new to ice hockey but was liking it so much she didn’t want to leave the ice to see the rest of the festival. Copley Trustee Helen Humphrys said the skating area at the park, 3232 Copley Road, will remain open as long as temperatures cooperate.
Shown below, from left, as they enjoy hot chocolate and doughnuts are Emily Neuhauser, 5, of Brunswick, with her cousins Brielle Neuhauser, 7, and Bryce Neuhauser, 9, of Fairlawn.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
More Community News
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Confusion follows Falls Council’s charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
Calendar of Events
- “First Tuesday” Dance - 8/4/2015
- Experience the Underground Railroad - 8/4/2015
- Freezing and Canning Workshop - 8/4/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 8/5/2015
- #Akron Music Scene Showcase - 8/5/2015