Wintry weather sets stage for Winterfest
Pictured above are attendees meeting the dogs from Diamond Dogs Kennel, operated by musher Shannon Miller, of Diamond.
Virginia Williams, 10, of Copley, is pictured at right as she took advantage of the skating rink at the park. Her mother, Heather Williams, shown behind her, said Virginia is new to ice hockey but was liking it so much she didn’t want to leave the ice to see the rest of the festival. Copley Trustee Helen Humphrys said the skating area at the park, 3232 Copley Road, will remain open as long as temperatures cooperate.
Shown below, from left, as they enjoy hot chocolate and doughnuts are Emily Neuhauser, 5, of Brunswick, with her cousins Brielle Neuhauser, 7, and Bryce Neuhauser, 9, of Fairlawn.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Mosaic Picture Frame for grades 5-12 - 7/24/2014
- Taste of Akron - 7/24/2014
- “Complaints of a Dutiful Daughter:” - 7/24/2014
- GriefCare Place - 7/24/2014
- Storytime: Lapsit - 7/24/2014