Wintry weather sets stage for Winterfest
Pictured above are attendees meeting the dogs from Diamond Dogs Kennel, operated by musher Shannon Miller, of Diamond.
Virginia Williams, 10, of Copley, is pictured at right as she took advantage of the skating rink at the park. Her mother, Heather Williams, shown behind her, said Virginia is new to ice hockey but was liking it so much she didn’t want to leave the ice to see the rest of the festival. Copley Trustee Helen Humphrys said the skating area at the park, 3232 Copley Road, will remain open as long as temperatures cooperate.
Shown below, from left, as they enjoy hot chocolate and doughnuts are Emily Neuhauser, 5, of Brunswick, with her cousins Brielle Neuhauser, 7, and Bryce Neuhauser, 9, of Fairlawn.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Clearfork Bluegrass Quartet - 3/7/2014
- Dance Fever Open House - 3/7/2014
- James Renner - 3/7/2014
- Runa - 3/7/2014
- Jonathan Butler - 3/7/2014