Boston trustees approve sign for Boston Township Hall
The Boston Township Board of Trustees approved during their Jan. 22 meeting the installation of a sign to be placed in front of Boston Township Hall.
The sign has been a topic of discussion for several months. In October, Todd Clarke, a member of the Boston Township Hall Committee, gave a presentation to trustees about different options for signs to be placed in front of the building. According to Clarke, the Hall Committee’s choice is an 8-foot, 8-inch sign supported by one post with individual hanging signs to inform visitors as to what is in the building. There also will be extra space at the bottom of the sign that can be rented if the building acquires any new tenants.
This sign requires two variances, one for its height and one for it being supported by only one post.
According to a letter sent to trustees from the Hall Committee, the committee decided to pay the variances if the trustees approve the design.
With the trustees moving the sign project forward, Trustee Randy Bergdorf said the sign should be installed the first week in April, if everything goes according to schedule.
In other business:
- Peninsula Police Department officials noted several injuries have been reported at local ski resorts this season, and officers have responded many times. However, there has only been one reported theft, which is down from past years.
- Peninsula Mayor and Boston Assistant Zoning Inspector Doug Mayer reported no progress has been made in clearing Bob Pruitt’s property. According to Mayer, Pruitt has been having issues clearing his land due to health problems and the winter weather and cold temperatures.
The next regular Boston Board of Trustees meeting will be Feb. 12 at 6:30 p.m. in the administrative offices at Boston Township Hall, located at the corner of Main Street and Riverview Road in Peninsula.
More Community News
Calendar of Events
- Akron Symphony Orchestra - 8/2/2015
- Bobby Selvaggio Quartet - 8/2/2015
- Phil ‘n the Blanks - 8/2/2015
- Natural Discoveries Hiking Series: Sounds of Summer - 8/2/2015
- Colin Dussault - 8/3/2015