Shaw JCC Family Wellness Expo showcases healthy fun
|Photos courtesy of the Shaw Jewish Community Center|
The Expo engaged area families with hands-on activities in the areas of fitness, nutrition, education and more, according to event organizers.
Shown at right middle are children at the event enjoying craft activities.
Families also got an up-close visit with animals and other items from the Akron Zoo, shown at right bottom; relaxed with a chair massage, shown above; or exercised with Summa Health System. One of the highlights of the event was a live stage performance by Heid’s ETC School of Musical Arts.
Akron RubberDucks mascot Orbit was a guest of honor and explored the event with a group of fans. He was getting in shape for baseball season by participating in the physical activities with children and their families.
Guests also enjoyed snacks, shown at right top, offered by the Shaw JCC’s Early Childhood Education Program, which emphasizes healthy eating habits.
“The message that we want to bring to the community is that wellness is something that can and should be experienced as a family,” said Stephanie Davis-Dieringer, Shaw JCC interim director. “We are grateful to all of our partners and sponsors for their commitment to family health and wellness in our community, and we look forward to even more opportunities to engage families.”
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
- Coventry to further fund flood mitigation
- Local man ‘model’ citizen with building hobby
- County Council notes success of Gay Games
- Cottage Grove School set for demolition
- Kick for The Cure benefiting Camp Quality, hospice
- Springfield trustees seeking to reduce water/sewer bills further
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 8/27/2014
- Tai Chi for those touched by cancer - 8/27/2014
- Pilates - 8/27/2014
- “Divergent” - 8/28/2014
- 11th Annual Juried Fiber Arts Show - 8/29/2014