Shaw JCC Family Wellness Expo showcases healthy fun
|Photos courtesy of the Shaw Jewish Community Center|
The Expo engaged area families with hands-on activities in the areas of fitness, nutrition, education and more, according to event organizers.
Shown at right middle are children at the event enjoying craft activities.
Families also got an up-close visit with animals and other items from the Akron Zoo, shown at right bottom; relaxed with a chair massage, shown above; or exercised with Summa Health System. One of the highlights of the event was a live stage performance by Heid’s ETC School of Musical Arts.
Akron RubberDucks mascot Orbit was a guest of honor and explored the event with a group of fans. He was getting in shape for baseball season by participating in the physical activities with children and their families.
Guests also enjoyed snacks, shown at right top, offered by the Shaw JCC’s Early Childhood Education Program, which emphasizes healthy eating habits.
“The message that we want to bring to the community is that wellness is something that can and should be experienced as a family,” said Stephanie Davis-Dieringer, Shaw JCC interim director. “We are grateful to all of our partners and sponsors for their commitment to family health and wellness in our community, and we look forward to even more opportunities to engage families.”
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Council districts subject of opposing issues
- Fun in season at Ohio Mart
- Akron expanding Wallhaven business district
- Creator of Portage Path sculptures returning for lecture
- West Side News & Notes
- Veterans get helping hand
- County Council selling bonds for The Village at St. Edward
- Urban Ounce of Prevention festivities mark 25th anniversary
- Work on Route 18 nearing completion for 2015
- Sessions on retirement planned
- Akron SCORE celebrates anniversary
- Bath trustees OK payment for Heritage Corridors project
- Bath Community Fund celebrates success
- Richfield trustees support Issue 22
- Cuyahoga Falls billboards promote medical information program
- Council introduces vicious dog legislation
- Bulldog Dash raises funds for Green schools
- Springfield district seeking renewal of two levies
- County Council holds public hearing for sewer project
- Council districts subject of opposing ballot issues
- South Side News & Notes
- Summer sewer rate discussed in Akron
Calendar of Events
- An Evening of American Indian Arts - 10/13/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 10/13/2015
- Symphony Land Story Time with the Canton Symphony Orchestra - 10/13/2015
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 10/14/2015
- Know Your iPad; Searching the Internet - 10/14/2015