Shaw JCC Family Wellness Expo showcases healthy fun
|Photos courtesy of the Shaw Jewish Community Center|
The Expo engaged area families with hands-on activities in the areas of fitness, nutrition, education and more, according to event organizers.
Shown at right middle are children at the event enjoying craft activities.
Families also got an up-close visit with animals and other items from the Akron Zoo, shown at right bottom; relaxed with a chair massage, shown above; or exercised with Summa Health System. One of the highlights of the event was a live stage performance by Heid’s ETC School of Musical Arts.
Akron RubberDucks mascot Orbit was a guest of honor and explored the event with a group of fans. He was getting in shape for baseball season by participating in the physical activities with children and their families.
Guests also enjoyed snacks, shown at right top, offered by the Shaw JCC’s Early Childhood Education Program, which emphasizes healthy eating habits.
“The message that we want to bring to the community is that wellness is something that can and should be experienced as a family,” said Stephanie Davis-Dieringer, Shaw JCC interim director. “We are grateful to all of our partners and sponsors for their commitment to family health and wellness in our community, and we look forward to even more opportunities to engage families.”
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office talks policing contract, sales tax with Coventry
- Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
- Green Council denies zoning for apartment complex
- New Franklin Council OKs lawsuit settlement
- County Council gives partial support to Breaking Addiction Act
- Spring Hill gets new playground
- ACF, city join to award grants for local neighborhoods
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014