Shaw JCC Family Wellness Expo showcases healthy fun
|Photos courtesy of the Shaw Jewish Community Center|
The Expo engaged area families with hands-on activities in the areas of fitness, nutrition, education and more, according to event organizers.
Shown at right middle are children at the event enjoying craft activities.
Families also got an up-close visit with animals and other items from the Akron Zoo, shown at right bottom; relaxed with a chair massage, shown above; or exercised with Summa Health System. One of the highlights of the event was a live stage performance by Heid’s ETC School of Musical Arts.
Akron RubberDucks mascot Orbit was a guest of honor and explored the event with a group of fans. He was getting in shape for baseball season by participating in the physical activities with children and their families.
Guests also enjoyed snacks, shown at right top, offered by the Shaw JCC’s Early Childhood Education Program, which emphasizes healthy eating habits.
“The message that we want to bring to the community is that wellness is something that can and should be experienced as a family,” said Stephanie Davis-Dieringer, Shaw JCC interim director. “We are grateful to all of our partners and sponsors for their commitment to family health and wellness in our community, and we look forward to even more opportunities to engage families.”
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- State Route 18 projects to begin in summer
- Copley’s Winterfest puts fun on ice
- APS exploring funds for waiting building projects
- Richfield Council delays water tower vote
- West Side News & Notes
- County Council committee chairs questioned
- Akron City Council evaluates capital budget
- Fairlawn mayor calls city’s financial condition ‘sound’
- Norton looking to sink sewer costs
- Falls Council reappoints member to library board
- Bath trustees approve sale of fire department vehicle
- Peninsula Council on third try makes quorum for meeting
- Copley exploring contract with single trash hauler
- Richfield trustees approve fire/EMS contract
- Granger trustees hear presentation on fire prevention
Calendar of Events
- Artsmash - 1/30/2015
- Drop-In Exercise - 1/30/2015
- Animal Tales - 1/30/2015
- Voices in the Valley: David Mayfield Bluegrass Parade - 1/30/2015
- A New Beginning - 1/31/2015