Shaw JCC Family Wellness Expo showcases healthy fun
|Photos courtesy of the Shaw Jewish Community Center|
The Expo engaged area families with hands-on activities in the areas of fitness, nutrition, education and more, according to event organizers.
Shown at right middle are children at the event enjoying craft activities.
Families also got an up-close visit with animals and other items from the Akron Zoo, shown at right bottom; relaxed with a chair massage, shown above; or exercised with Summa Health System. One of the highlights of the event was a live stage performance by Heid’s ETC School of Musical Arts.
Akron RubberDucks mascot Orbit was a guest of honor and explored the event with a group of fans. He was getting in shape for baseball season by participating in the physical activities with children and their families.
Guests also enjoyed snacks, shown at right top, offered by the Shaw JCC’s Early Childhood Education Program, which emphasizes healthy eating habits.
“The message that we want to bring to the community is that wellness is something that can and should be experienced as a family,” said Stephanie Davis-Dieringer, Shaw JCC interim director. “We are grateful to all of our partners and sponsors for their commitment to family health and wellness in our community, and we look forward to even more opportunities to engage families.”
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Akron proposes city construction company
- Flowers herald coming spring
- County joining fight against mail sorting office closure
- Woodridge ‘big loser’ in proposed state budget
- New Revere superintendent ready for challenge
- West Side News & Notes
- Summit County marking 175 years
- Women’s Endowment Fund awards grants
- Presentation on student use of electronics planned
- Peninsula library offering March classes
- BVS hosting blood drive
- Bath OKs raise for park employees with additional training
- Boston facing salt shortage
- Altrusa International hosting prom dress event
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report
Calendar of Events
- Paws and Prayers’ Paws Vegas - 3/6/2015
- Homeschoolers: Green Thumbs - 3/6/2015
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Kickoff Party - 3/6/2015
- Coyotes in Your Parks - 3/6/2015
- Rubber City Beatlefest - 3/6/2015