McKinley Day marks president’s birth
The ceremony was held indoors due to the snowy weather that day. Staff Sgt. Jeffrey Holtz, of 338th U.S. Army Reserve, is shown at right bottom as he plays taps during the ceremony.
The historic site features the McKinley Monument, shown below, with a close-up of a statue of the 25th president shown at right top.
The event also included Civil War re-enactors, special shows in Discover World and an open hearth cooking demonstration in the Street of Shops. There were also special tours of the McKinley Gallery.
Located at 800 McKinley Monument Drive N.W., the site also features the Hoover-Price Planetarium. For more information, call 330-455-7043 or visit www.mckinleymuseum.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
- Coventry to further fund flood mitigation
- Local man ‘model’ citizen with building hobby
- County Council notes success of Gay Games
- Cottage Grove School set for demolition
- Kick for The Cure benefiting Camp Quality, hospice
- Springfield trustees seeking to reduce water/sewer bills further
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Saturday Dance and Gymnastics - 8/23/2014
- Sixth Medina International Fest - 8/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 8/23/2014
- “Relatively Speaking” by Alan Ayckbourn - 8/24/2014
- Hudson Stamp Show - 8/24/2014