McKinley Day marks president’s birth
The ceremony was held indoors due to the snowy weather that day. Staff Sgt. Jeffrey Holtz, of 338th U.S. Army Reserve, is shown at right bottom as he plays taps during the ceremony.
The historic site features the McKinley Monument, shown below, with a close-up of a statue of the 25th president shown at right top.
The event also included Civil War re-enactors, special shows in Discover World and an open hearth cooking demonstration in the Street of Shops. There were also special tours of the McKinley Gallery.
Located at 800 McKinley Monument Drive N.W., the site also features the Hoover-Price Planetarium. For more information, call 330-455-7043 or visit www.mckinleymuseum.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A Far Cry with Matt Haimovitz - 3/11/2014
- Mudcakes - 3/11/2014
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 3/12/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 3/12/2014
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 3/13/2014