UWSC seeking requests for funding from local agencies
SUMMIT COUNTY — United Way of Summit County is accepting Letters of Intent (LOIs) for its Development and Priorities Funds from nonprofit organizations that provide service in Summit County.
Priority Fund areas are Financial Stability for Families; Utility Assistance for Adults Without Minor Children in the Household; and, added this year, Health/Wellness and Prevention. The goal of the Health/Wellness and Prevention priority is to reduce or eliminate health disparities through education, outreach or access to health/wellness/preventive programs or initiatives.
Development Fund Grants will be awarded based on the merits of the proposal, with emphasis on increasing service capacity for critical programs, how well it addresses a critical community need, and the benefits to local residents in need. The proposals are also compared to currently existing programs and agencies.
Interested organizations must submit an LOI to the United Way of Summit County, 90 N. Prospect St., Akron, OH 44304) by 4 p.m. Feb. 21.
To obtain the LOI form and all information on the Grant Proposal Application process, call Sue Schaad at 330-643-5510. Applications from those agencies invited to submit a formal proposal will be accepted only through United Way’s Community Impact Online Application process. The deadline for the formal proposal is April 11.
Organizations submitting proposals are encouraged to seek alignment of programs and projects for which they are seeking funding with existing collaborative efforts in the county, such as the Healthy Summit 2020 (Quality of Life) Project. A full description of collaborative efforts is available at www.uwsummit.org/CommunityInvestment/Collaborative.htm.
Stephanie Kist contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Confusion follows Falls Council’s charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
Calendar of Events
- Colin Dussault - 8/3/2015
- “First Tuesday” Dance - 8/4/2015
- Experience the Underground Railroad - 8/4/2015
- Freezing and Canning Workshop - 8/4/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 8/5/2015