UWSC seeking requests for funding from local agencies
SUMMIT COUNTY — United Way of Summit County is accepting Letters of Intent (LOIs) for its Development and Priorities Funds from nonprofit organizations that provide service in Summit County.
Priority Fund areas are Financial Stability for Families; Utility Assistance for Adults Without Minor Children in the Household; and, added this year, Health/Wellness and Prevention. The goal of the Health/Wellness and Prevention priority is to reduce or eliminate health disparities through education, outreach or access to health/wellness/preventive programs or initiatives.
Development Fund Grants will be awarded based on the merits of the proposal, with emphasis on increasing service capacity for critical programs, how well it addresses a critical community need, and the benefits to local residents in need. The proposals are also compared to currently existing programs and agencies.
Interested organizations must submit an LOI to the United Way of Summit County, 90 N. Prospect St., Akron, OH 44304) by 4 p.m. Feb. 21.
To obtain the LOI form and all information on the Grant Proposal Application process, call Sue Schaad at 330-643-5510. Applications from those agencies invited to submit a formal proposal will be accepted only through United Way’s Community Impact Online Application process. The deadline for the formal proposal is April 11.
Organizations submitting proposals are encouraged to seek alignment of programs and projects for which they are seeking funding with existing collaborative efforts in the county, such as the Healthy Summit 2020 (Quality of Life) Project. A full description of collaborative efforts is available at www.uwsummit.org/CommunityInvestment/Collaborative.htm.
Stephanie Kist contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
Calendar of Events
- Akron Symphony Holiday Pops - 12/18/2014
- Akron Pops Orchestra Holiday Concert - 12/18/2014
- Yoga in the Park - 12/18/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 12/18/2014
- “Annie” - 12/18/2014