UWSC seeking requests for funding from local agencies
SUMMIT COUNTY — United Way of Summit County is accepting Letters of Intent (LOIs) for its Development and Priorities Funds from nonprofit organizations that provide service in Summit County.
Priority Fund areas are Financial Stability for Families; Utility Assistance for Adults Without Minor Children in the Household; and, added this year, Health/Wellness and Prevention. The goal of the Health/Wellness and Prevention priority is to reduce or eliminate health disparities through education, outreach or access to health/wellness/preventive programs or initiatives.
Development Fund Grants will be awarded based on the merits of the proposal, with emphasis on increasing service capacity for critical programs, how well it addresses a critical community need, and the benefits to local residents in need. The proposals are also compared to currently existing programs and agencies.
Interested organizations must submit an LOI to the United Way of Summit County, 90 N. Prospect St., Akron, OH 44304) by 4 p.m. Feb. 21.
To obtain the LOI form and all information on the Grant Proposal Application process, call Sue Schaad at 330-643-5510. Applications from those agencies invited to submit a formal proposal will be accepted only through United Way’s Community Impact Online Application process. The deadline for the formal proposal is April 11.
Organizations submitting proposals are encouraged to seek alignment of programs and projects for which they are seeking funding with existing collaborative efforts in the county, such as the Healthy Summit 2020 (Quality of Life) Project. A full description of collaborative efforts is available at www.uwsummit.org/CommunityInvestment/Collaborative.htm.
Stephanie Kist contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- 11th Annual Juried Fiber Arts Show - 8/29/2014
- Texas Hold’em Afternoon - 8/29/2014
- A New Beginning - 8/30/2014
- “Ride” - 8/30/2014
- Get Acquainted With Bridge - 8/30/2014