UWSC seeking requests for funding from local agencies
SUMMIT COUNTY — United Way of Summit County is accepting Letters of Intent (LOIs) for its Development and Priorities Funds from nonprofit organizations that provide service in Summit County.
Priority Fund areas are Financial Stability for Families; Utility Assistance for Adults Without Minor Children in the Household; and, added this year, Health/Wellness and Prevention. The goal of the Health/Wellness and Prevention priority is to reduce or eliminate health disparities through education, outreach or access to health/wellness/preventive programs or initiatives.
Development Fund Grants will be awarded based on the merits of the proposal, with emphasis on increasing service capacity for critical programs, how well it addresses a critical community need, and the benefits to local residents in need. The proposals are also compared to currently existing programs and agencies.
Interested organizations must submit an LOI to the United Way of Summit County, 90 N. Prospect St., Akron, OH 44304) by 4 p.m. Feb. 21.
To obtain the LOI form and all information on the Grant Proposal Application process, call Sue Schaad at 330-643-5510. Applications from those agencies invited to submit a formal proposal will be accepted only through United Way’s Community Impact Online Application process. The deadline for the formal proposal is April 11.
Organizations submitting proposals are encouraged to seek alignment of programs and projects for which they are seeking funding with existing collaborative efforts in the county, such as the Healthy Summit 2020 (Quality of Life) Project. A full description of collaborative efforts is available at www.uwsummit.org/CommunityInvestment/Collaborative.htm.
Stephanie Kist contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Bath parks levy renewal on May ballot
- Area communities offering Safety Town
- Woodridge studying future of school buildings
- Council OKs new Dollar General in Merriman Valley
- Youth employment program getting on its way
- Falls Council OKs purchase for Electrical Department
- Norton Council accepts Moving Ohio Forward funds
- Boston trustees take step to clear property
- Sharon trustees discuss recent township break-ins
- Granger trustees approve tax abatement guidelines
- KAB names litter prevention campaign contest winners
- LaRose honors local youth
- YMCAs presenting Healthy Kids Day
- Montrose transportation meeting set for May 15
- United Way announces education investments, new funding strategy
- West Side News & Notes
- Green district seeking levy renewal
- Children celebrate Easter early
- Board strikes deal to keep fitness center running
- Springfield officer honored for service
- Grant possibility could increase police presence in Coventry
- Youth employment program on its way
- Rebuilding Together to improve nine area homes
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Easter Family Fun Day - 4/19/2014
- Sensory Story Time - 4/19/2014
- Terrarium Workshop - 4/19/2014
- Hop, Hop, Hop! - 4/19/2014
- “Snow White and the Magic Mirror: A Grimm Tale” - 4/19/2014