HMS teacher honored by Cavs
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
Representatives from the Cavs surprised Gopp and his class Jan. 30 at the school. He is shown above accepting his award from representatives from the Cleveland Cavaliers.
“Head of the Class” recognizes teachers in Northeast Ohio for making a difference in the lives of their students both inside and outside the classroom. The Cavaliers select one teacher each month of the season (November through April).
Cavaliers’ mascots Moondog and Sir C.C. and Cavaliers “Hype Man” Ahmaad presented Gopp with a super-sized ticket to the Feb. 5 home game vs. the Los Angeles Lakers and a $500 donation to use toward his classroom. In addition to receiving two tickets to the game, Gopp also received two complimentary passes to the Court Club and will be recognized on-court prior to the game. As an added bonus, the Cavaliers gave Gopp enough tickets to the Feb. 5 game to invite the entire eighth-grade class and a guest.
Gopp was nominated by two of his fellow teachers, Brian Hare and Stacey Keller.
More Community News
- Officials tell Akron Council Ebola risk low
- Fun treats found at Boo at the Zoo
- Health officials mobilize in wake of Ebola concerns
- Fairlawn officials still mulling rental property changes
- Charter change on ballot in Fairlawn
- Council hears reactions to five-year plan
- Norton approves resolutions thanking citizens for service
- Richfield trustees choose architect for service, administration center
- Trustees act on neighborhood traffic concerns
- Peninsula Council meets week after failing to make quorum
- Sharon trustees discuss solicitation incidents
- Bath trustees approve terminating agreement
- Burton D. Morgan Foundation extends support for entrepreneurship programs
- Fairlawn Heights neighbors host festival
- Sight-impaired children get tailored zoo experience
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- The Tubes - 10/24/2014
- Tales for Tots - 10/24/2014
- Voices in the Valley: The Numbers Band - 10/24/2014
- Socks in the Frying Pan - 10/24/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014