HMS teacher honored by Cavs
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
Representatives from the Cavs surprised Gopp and his class Jan. 30 at the school. He is shown above accepting his award from representatives from the Cleveland Cavaliers.
“Head of the Class” recognizes teachers in Northeast Ohio for making a difference in the lives of their students both inside and outside the classroom. The Cavaliers select one teacher each month of the season (November through April).
Cavaliers’ mascots Moondog and Sir C.C. and Cavaliers “Hype Man” Ahmaad presented Gopp with a super-sized ticket to the Feb. 5 home game vs. the Los Angeles Lakers and a $500 donation to use toward his classroom. In addition to receiving two tickets to the game, Gopp also received two complimentary passes to the Court Club and will be recognized on-court prior to the game. As an added bonus, the Cavaliers gave Gopp enough tickets to the Feb. 5 game to invite the entire eighth-grade class and a guest.
Gopp was nominated by two of his fellow teachers, Brian Hare and Stacey Keller.
More Community News
- Girls explore engineering careers
- County consumer protection gets attention
- Crown Point celebrating 25th year
- Local Women Who Care hoping to increase ranks
- Firestone Theatre one of first to stage ‘Mary Poppins’
- ACF announces record assets, awards $1.93 million in grants
- Akron Council voices opposition to ‘restrictive’ state bills
- Bath trustees hire staff for fire department
- Boston trustees discuss action to clear property
- Wadsworth judge presents annual report to Sharon trustees
- West Side News & Notes
- County’s consumer protection gets attention
- Green district celebrates education
- Springfield trustees eyeing new pumper
- Local man impacts mental health training worldwide
- Green students Do Something good
- Lakemore making progress with village deficit
- Jewish Community Board celebrates century
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Garden Bucket List - 3/8/2014
- Akron Symphony Orchestra - 3/8/2014
- Ballroom Dancing - 3/8/2014
- Boy Scouts Troop No. 304 Pancake Breakfast - 3/8/2014
- Louie Bluie Legacy Band featuring Ralphe Armstrong - 3/8/2014