HMS teacher honored by Cavs
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
Representatives from the Cavs surprised Gopp and his class Jan. 30 at the school. He is shown above accepting his award from representatives from the Cleveland Cavaliers.
“Head of the Class” recognizes teachers in Northeast Ohio for making a difference in the lives of their students both inside and outside the classroom. The Cavaliers select one teacher each month of the season (November through April).
Cavaliers’ mascots Moondog and Sir C.C. and Cavaliers “Hype Man” Ahmaad presented Gopp with a super-sized ticket to the Feb. 5 home game vs. the Los Angeles Lakers and a $500 donation to use toward his classroom. In addition to receiving two tickets to the game, Gopp also received two complimentary passes to the Court Club and will be recognized on-court prior to the game. As an added bonus, the Cavaliers gave Gopp enough tickets to the Feb. 5 game to invite the entire eighth-grade class and a guest.
Gopp was nominated by two of his fellow teachers, Brian Hare and Stacey Keller.
More Community News
- Health officials turn attention to flu
- Vet Art Project promotes healing through shared stories
- Retired Norton police chief looks back on career
- Akron City Council commends Amber Vinson
- Preservation Alliance celebrating 30 years
- County planning Boston Mills Road improvements
- Natatorium’s deficit lessens in Falls
- Trustees discuss potential change in JEDD tax collection
- Cost will determine sewer system type in Norton
- Granger trustees approve work on Fire Station parking lot
- Richfield Village Council approves new cemetery fees
- Local Boy Scout earns Eagle rank with patio build
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014