HMS teacher honored by Cavs
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
Representatives from the Cavs surprised Gopp and his class Jan. 30 at the school. He is shown above accepting his award from representatives from the Cleveland Cavaliers.
“Head of the Class” recognizes teachers in Northeast Ohio for making a difference in the lives of their students both inside and outside the classroom. The Cavaliers select one teacher each month of the season (November through April).
Cavaliers’ mascots Moondog and Sir C.C. and Cavaliers “Hype Man” Ahmaad presented Gopp with a super-sized ticket to the Feb. 5 home game vs. the Los Angeles Lakers and a $500 donation to use toward his classroom. In addition to receiving two tickets to the game, Gopp also received two complimentary passes to the Court Club and will be recognized on-court prior to the game. As an added bonus, the Cavaliers gave Gopp enough tickets to the Feb. 5 game to invite the entire eighth-grade class and a guest.
Gopp was nominated by two of his fellow teachers, Brian Hare and Stacey Keller.
More Community News
- Council supports ‘Breaking Addiction Act’
- All’s fair at annual Summit County event
- Yellow Creek advocates explore conservancy idea
- Grandmother creates memorial for slain grandson
- Copley Heritage Day set for Aug. 2
- Falls Council continues to mull Menards deal
- Road construction begins on Hines Hill Road
- Granger Fire Department moving forward with grant proposal
- Sharon trustees approve fire levy for November ballot
- Medina County Fair offering variety of activities
- Akron Rotary inducts president
- Sno-cone sale benefits playground project
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Voices in the Valley: The Womack Family Band - 8/1/2014
- Family Fun Night - 8/1/2014
- Social Bingo Days - 8/1/2014
- “Shout! The Mod Musical” - 8/2/2014
- RadiatriX with The Living and VON Isley - 8/2/2014