Bath trustees approve land acquisition
|Shown during the Feb. 18 meeting is Bath Trustee Becky Corbett reading a resolution acknowledging the accomplishments of the Revere High School boys soccer team on their state championship win this past fall.|
|Photo: Julia Kazar|
According to Township Administrator Vito Sinopoli, the land will be used for the future Ghent Wayside Visitors Center. It will feature parking, a walk and bike trail and an information kiosk.
Sinopoli said funding for this land acquisition will be 100 percent provided by grants, from both the Ohio Public Works Commission Clean Ohio Fund and the Federal National Scenic Byway Program. The federal grant, administered through the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) will fund 80 percent of the purchase price, and the remaining balance will be paid through a separate grant administered through the Public Works Commission.
“I think this will be a great addition to Bath,” said Trustee Becky Corbett, “and the fact that it will be paid through grant money makes it even better.”
Trustees also agreed to authorize Sinopoli to execute any and all documents on behalf of the trustees regarding the North Fork land acquisition.
Also during the meeting, trustees also approved the purchase of several new police vehicles. Two Ford Police Interceptor sport utility vehicles were approved for purchase from Montrose Ford at a cost of about $26,110 each. One Ford Taurus police car was approved for purchase at a cost of $24,159. According to Police Chief Michael McNeely, these are planned replacements for cars 14, 17 and 10.
The purchase of one 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan SE from Fred Martin Superstore also was approved. According to McNeely, the car will cost $20,749 and is a planned replacement for detective car 20.
In other business, trustees:
- recognized and congratulated the Revere High School boys soccer team on their state championship win this past fall and presented the team with a resolution acknowledging their accomplishments;
- approved a two-year contract with Physio-Control for maintenance on four Lifepak 12 heart monitors and four automatic external defibrillators. According to Fire Chief Walter Hower, this contract provides two service evaluations a year to ensure all equipment is working properly;
- approved an agreement with JG3 Consulting LLC to re-inspect and rate the entire township roadway system, update road inventory, upgrade micro paver software and provide pavement condition analysis reports and projections in the amount of $11,210. According to Service Director Caine Collins, this will help give a good picture of what the road system in the township is, as well as help them plan for future road projects and pavement preservation; and
- agreed to hire Mark’s Construction to replace a failing 24-inch steel culvert at the Bath Community Activity Center. According to interim Park Supervisor Alan Garner, the work will take two days to complete and will be completed no later than March 28. During construction the park will have to be closed.
“The parks officially open April 1,” Garner said, “so we want to make sure the work is completed before that time to avoid any scheduling conflicts.”
The Board of Trustees’ next meeting will be March 3 at 7 p.m. in the trustees’ meeting room of the Bath Administration Building, located at 3864 W. Bath Road.
More Community News
- Council supports ‘Breaking Addiction Act’
- All’s fair at annual Summit County event
- Yellow Creek advocates explore conservancy idea
- Grandmother creates memorial for slain grandson
- Copley Heritage Day set for Aug. 2
- Falls Council continues to mull Menards deal
- Road construction begins on Hines Hill Road
- Granger Fire Department moving forward with grant proposal
- Sharon trustees approve fire levy for November ballot
- Medina County Fair offering variety of activities
- Akron Rotary inducts president
- Sno-cone sale benefits playground project
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Voices in the Valley: The Womack Family Band - 8/1/2014
- Family Fun Night - 8/1/2014
- Social Bingo Days - 8/1/2014
- “Shout! The Mod Musical” - 8/2/2014
- RadiatriX with The Living and VON Isley - 8/2/2014