Boston approves amendments to garage sale resolution
At the Feb. 12 meeting, the Boston Township Board of Trustees unanimously approved changes to the Boston zoning resolution regarding garage sales.
Before the vote, the trustees held a public hearing on the changes, and no members of the public expressed any concerns or support for the changes.
The changes include a definition of “garage sale” as the sale of used household items and others conducted from or on residential premises in any zone as defined in the zoning resolution. It also stipulates there shall be no more than two garage sales conducted at the same address within a calendar year and the duration of the sales event shall be a maximum of three consecutive days and during daylight hours only.
According to township attorney Ed Pullekins, the time stipulations were included to help control traffic and noise in the neighborhoods where the sales are being held.
Other garage sale regulations include: up to five signs may be used to promote the sale; no signs may be placed on utility structures, stop signs or parking signs; parking for sales may not create a fire hazard; and no zoning certificate is required to have a sale, but the zoning inspector must be notified in writing no less than seven days prior to the sale.
According to information provided at the meeting, the Boston Zoning Commission has been reviewing changes to address garage sales for several months. They have taken into consideration the input and recommendations of the public, as well as recommendations from the Summit County Planning Commission, according to township officials.
In other business:
- Trustee Amy Anderson expressed her condolences over the death of Trustee Randy Bergdorf’s father, Wes Bergdorf, who died Feb. 5 at the age of 85.
- Trustees discussed the purchase of a new bulletin board to post meeting minutes in the Boston Township Hall building.
The next regular Boston Board of Trustees meeting will be Feb. 26 at 6:30 p.m. in the administrative offices at Boston Township Hall, located at the corner of Main Street and Riverview Road in Peninsula.
More Community News
- Akron welcoming NBA star ‘back home’
- Old-fashioned carnival celebrates SCHS anniversary
- Woodridge bids farewell to board member
- APS board accepts donation from foundation
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Boston trustees discuss issues with road project
- Sharon officials provide update on smell
- Falls drafts deal for development of Menards
- Norton working on flood control on Newpark Drive
- Granger Fire personnel sworn in
- Fairlawn officials investigating nightly room rentals in residences
- West Side News & Notes
- Springfield superintendent retiring
- Road resurfacing behind schedule in Coventry
- Pine Lake residents object to new Lauer Park entrance
Calendar of Events
- Mr. Bubble - 7/22/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 7/22/2014
- A New Beginning - 7/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 7/23/2014
- Music in the Meadow: Mo’ Mojo - 7/23/2014