Crystalline creations delight in Medina
Pictured at right top are winners Lauren Klapec and Walter Ross, who traveled from Oakland Community College in suburban Detroit to compete.
Artist Christian Smith is shown at right bottom as he applies heat to reveal the brilliance of the ice in his carving of a fish during competition Feb. 15.
Spectators are shown below bottom as they enjoy one of the sculptures at the site.
Ben Machor, of Medina, is pictured above as he photographs sons Kaleb, 8, and Logan, 4, in an ice sculpture of a TV.
Ice sculptors competed in speed carving, team and individual competitions throughout the weekend. The event also featured the Fire and Ice Tower, a structure built of ice blocks that was lit to start the festival.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- State capital improvements issue on ballot
- Blue herons prepare for new arrivals
- West Akron rezoning request withdrawn
- Fundraisers for brain cancer research planned
- Eagle Scouts plan special trip to honor D-Day
- County Council considering raises for employees
- Fairlawn Police Department promotes five officers
- Peninsula Council approves agricultural district renewal
- Bath trustees conduct business for Revere students
- Dates set for annual Richfield community celebration
- Richfield trustees approve settlement for use of crusher
- Copley seeking new bids to raze Community Center
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Apollo’s Fire - 4/24/2014
- “Bye Bye Birdie” - 4/24/2014
- Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Support Group - 4/24/2014
- Delicious, Healthful Olive Oil - 4/24/2014
- Open House - 4/24/2014