Crystalline creations delight in Medina
Pictured at right top are winners Lauren Klapec and Walter Ross, who traveled from Oakland Community College in suburban Detroit to compete.
Artist Christian Smith is shown at right bottom as he applies heat to reveal the brilliance of the ice in his carving of a fish during competition Feb. 15.
Spectators are shown below bottom as they enjoy one of the sculptures at the site.
Ben Machor, of Medina, is pictured above as he photographs sons Kaleb, 8, and Logan, 4, in an ice sculpture of a TV.
Ice sculptors competed in speed carving, team and individual competitions throughout the weekend. The event also featured the Fire and Ice Tower, a structure built of ice blocks that was lit to start the festival.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Moneypenny ready to take mayor’s seat
- Copley celebrates Memorial Day
- Founders’ Day will mark AA’s 80th year
- Shy shares credit for park district successes
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley asks Ohio Supreme Court to hear Rothrock appeal
- Historic designation sought for Keyser property
- Copley trustees approve building replacement
- Richfield police chief warns residents about burglars
- Richfield trustees discuss Crowell Hilaka property use
- Council reviews rebids for Central Park
- Green celebrates Memorial Day
- New Franklin sinks idea for Tudor House dock
- Green assistant fire chief retiring
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 5/30/2015
- Yoga for Kids: ages 6-10 - 5/30/2015
- Archery Games for Kids: ages 9-12 - 5/30/2015
- Warm and Hot in Peninsula - 5/30/2015
- Doo Wop Legends in Concert - 5/30/2015