Lakemore Councilman Wolfe resigns seat
Council accepted his resignation at the Feb. 18 meeting.
Wolfe first was elected to Council in 2009, running as a write-in candidate. He was re-elected in 2013 and began his second term last month. Wolfe will continue to serve through February.
Mayor Rick Justice said Wolfe would be difficult to replace as he has worked diligently to find ways to save money for the village.
“It’s hard to see you go,” he said.
Council will accept applications to fill Wolfe’s seat through the close of business Feb. 26. More information will be available on the village website at www.lakemoreohio.org.
Council also passed a resolution allowing the village to refinance its 2008 Pierce Custom Contender fire truck. The refinancing program was presented to Council members by Fire Chief Barry Saley, and the renegotiation will save the village a “good chunk” of money, according to Councilman Richard Cole.
Councilman Chad Lance, responding to a citizen’s request for timely information in the event of water shut offs, said the village will use its website, as well as www.Twitter.com, to disseminate information. He said he also is working on the implementation of Nixle. Nixle is a communications system allowing public safety agencies to reach residents via text message, email, website or mobile application, according to the Nixle website.
The next regular Council meeting will take place March 3 at 7 p.m. at the Municipal Building, 1400 Main St.
More Community News
- Akron mayor hints at future plans
- STVM rocketry students aiming for new heights
- Council disagrees on changing felon hiring policy
- Customers may get break on sewer fees
- Akron Urban League turns 90 this year
- West Side News & Notes
- City making plans to widen South Cleveland-Massillon Road
- Falls Council approves 2015 resurfacing program
- Norton Council discussing future pump station site
- Residents hope to overturn trusteesí approval of zoning change
- Richfield officials encourage help for Project Pride Cleanup
- Richfield trustees approve revised employee handbook
- Trustees introduced to new medication dispensing program
- Bath Elementary studentís cabbage earns him scholarship
Calendar of Events
- Adventurers of the Year Amy and Dave Freeman - 3/27/2015
- Alice Tan Ridley - 3/27/2015
- Astronomy Club of Akron: NASA Chief Pilot Alan Mickelwright - 3/27/2015
- Brass Band of the Western Reserve - 3/28/2015
- Basket Weaving 101: Easter Basket - 3/28/2015