Lakemore Councilman Wolfe resigns seat
Council accepted his resignation at the Feb. 18 meeting.
Wolfe first was elected to Council in 2009, running as a write-in candidate. He was re-elected in 2013 and began his second term last month. Wolfe will continue to serve through February.
Mayor Rick Justice said Wolfe would be difficult to replace as he has worked diligently to find ways to save money for the village.
“It’s hard to see you go,” he said.
Council will accept applications to fill Wolfe’s seat through the close of business Feb. 26. More information will be available on the village website at www.lakemoreohio.org.
Council also passed a resolution allowing the village to refinance its 2008 Pierce Custom Contender fire truck. The refinancing program was presented to Council members by Fire Chief Barry Saley, and the renegotiation will save the village a “good chunk” of money, according to Councilman Richard Cole.
Councilman Chad Lance, responding to a citizen’s request for timely information in the event of water shut offs, said the village will use its website, as well as www.Twitter.com, to disseminate information. He said he also is working on the implementation of Nixle. Nixle is a communications system allowing public safety agencies to reach residents via text message, email, website or mobile application, according to the Nixle website.
The next regular Council meeting will take place March 3 at 7 p.m. at the Municipal Building, 1400 Main St.
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Amazing World of Bats - 10/21/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014