Lakemore Councilman Wolfe resigns seat
Council accepted his resignation at the Feb. 18 meeting.
Wolfe first was elected to Council in 2009, running as a write-in candidate. He was re-elected in 2013 and began his second term last month. Wolfe will continue to serve through February.
Mayor Rick Justice said Wolfe would be difficult to replace as he has worked diligently to find ways to save money for the village.
“It’s hard to see you go,” he said.
Council will accept applications to fill Wolfe’s seat through the close of business Feb. 26. More information will be available on the village website at www.lakemoreohio.org.
Council also passed a resolution allowing the village to refinance its 2008 Pierce Custom Contender fire truck. The refinancing program was presented to Council members by Fire Chief Barry Saley, and the renegotiation will save the village a “good chunk” of money, according to Councilman Richard Cole.
Councilman Chad Lance, responding to a citizen’s request for timely information in the event of water shut offs, said the village will use its website, as well as www.Twitter.com, to disseminate information. He said he also is working on the implementation of Nixle. Nixle is a communications system allowing public safety agencies to reach residents via text message, email, website or mobile application, according to the Nixle website.
The next regular Council meeting will take place March 3 at 7 p.m. at the Municipal Building, 1400 Main St.
More Community News
- Akron welcoming NBA star ‘back home’
- Old-fashioned carnival celebrates SCHS anniversary
- Woodridge bids farewell to board member
- APS board accepts donation from foundation
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Boston trustees discuss issues with road project
- Sharon officials provide update on smell
- Falls drafts deal for development of Menards
- Norton working on flood control on Newpark Drive
- Granger Fire personnel sworn in
- Fairlawn officials investigating nightly room rentals in residences
- West Side News & Notes
- Springfield superintendent retiring
- Road resurfacing behind schedule in Coventry
- Pine Lake residents object to new Lauer Park entrance
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 7/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 7/23/2014
- Music in the Meadow: Mo’ Mojo - 7/23/2014
- Mosaic Picture Frame for grades 5-12 - 7/24/2014
- Taste of Akron - 7/24/2014