Lakemore Councilman Wolfe resigns seat
Council accepted his resignation at the Feb. 18 meeting.
Wolfe first was elected to Council in 2009, running as a write-in candidate. He was re-elected in 2013 and began his second term last month. Wolfe will continue to serve through February.
Mayor Rick Justice said Wolfe would be difficult to replace as he has worked diligently to find ways to save money for the village.
“It’s hard to see you go,” he said.
Council will accept applications to fill Wolfe’s seat through the close of business Feb. 26. More information will be available on the village website at www.lakemoreohio.org.
Council also passed a resolution allowing the village to refinance its 2008 Pierce Custom Contender fire truck. The refinancing program was presented to Council members by Fire Chief Barry Saley, and the renegotiation will save the village a “good chunk” of money, according to Councilman Richard Cole.
Councilman Chad Lance, responding to a citizen’s request for timely information in the event of water shut offs, said the village will use its website, as well as www.Twitter.com, to disseminate information. He said he also is working on the implementation of Nixle. Nixle is a communications system allowing public safety agencies to reach residents via text message, email, website or mobile application, according to the Nixle website.
The next regular Council meeting will take place March 3 at 7 p.m. at the Municipal Building, 1400 Main St.
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Helen Welch Trio; Jan Rookard and Ray McCall - 12/3/2016
- Glass Fusing: Make a Tiny Bowl - 12/3/2016
- Illusion Factory’s “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” - 12/3/2016
- Mind Your Own Beeswax Workshop - 12/3/2016
- Women’s Art League Show - 12/3/2016