Green district celebrates education
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
The event returned this year after several years off and was presented by the Green Schools Foundation, which was formed in 1991 to promote academic excellence in Green Local Schools by awarding academic classroom grants for special activities and projects and scholarships to graduating seniors, according to its website, greenschoolsfoundation.com.
The Celebration of Education showcased academic work, artwork, band and choir performances and other accomplishments of students in preschool through 12th grade.
Among the presentations was the Green Intermediate School fifth-grade band performing under the direction of music teacher Lisa Aglioti, shown above.
Other students sharing their accomplishments during the event included Jackson Lightner, 10, who is pictured at right bottom reciting a poem he learned in his fourth-grade language arts class.
Also at the event, Green High School tennis team member Lauren Griffin, 14, gives Mikey Hope, 5, a lesson on how to play the game.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- APS superintendent touts academy concept
- Polar Bear Jumpers take plunge for good
- Gas pump stickers protect against ‘skimming’
- Staying safe when selling online
- State Sen. Sykes focused on local needs
- West Side News & Notes
- Fairlawn going out for bid on concrete slab program
- Bath trustees expecting faster internet
- Trustees OK conditional use of barns as event centers
- Court honors Cacioppo, Davis
- Wadsworth judge presents Sharon trustees with yearly report
- Akron-Canton Foodbank welcomes new board members
Calendar of Events
- GriefCare Place - 2/23/2017
- Yoga for Babies and Tots - 2/23/2017
- Thrift Store Painting with Jen Davis - 2/23/2017
- Estate Planning - 2/23/2017
- Travelin’ Johnsons - 2/23/2017