Green district celebrates education
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
The event returned this year after several years off and was presented by the Green Schools Foundation, which was formed in 1991 to promote academic excellence in Green Local Schools by awarding academic classroom grants for special activities and projects and scholarships to graduating seniors, according to its website, greenschoolsfoundation.com.
The Celebration of Education showcased academic work, artwork, band and choir performances and other accomplishments of students in preschool through 12th grade.
Among the presentations was the Green Intermediate School fifth-grade band performing under the direction of music teacher Lisa Aglioti, shown above.
Other students sharing their accomplishments during the event included Jackson Lightner, 10, who is pictured at right bottom reciting a poem he learned in his fourth-grade language arts class.
Also at the event, Green High School tennis team member Lauren Griffin, 14, gives Mikey Hope, 5, a lesson on how to play the game.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
- Coventry to further fund flood mitigation
- Local man ‘model’ citizen with building hobby
- County Council notes success of Gay Games
- Cottage Grove School set for demolition
- Kick for The Cure benefiting Camp Quality, hospice
- Springfield trustees seeking to reduce water/sewer bills further
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 8/27/2014
- Tai Chi for those touched by cancer - 8/27/2014
- Pilates - 8/27/2014
- “Divergent” - 8/28/2014
- 11th Annual Juried Fiber Arts Show - 8/29/2014