Green district celebrates education
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
The event returned this year after several years off and was presented by the Green Schools Foundation, which was formed in 1991 to promote academic excellence in Green Local Schools by awarding academic classroom grants for special activities and projects and scholarships to graduating seniors, according to its website, greenschoolsfoundation.com.
The Celebration of Education showcased academic work, artwork, band and choir performances and other accomplishments of students in preschool through 12th grade.
Among the presentations was the Green Intermediate School fifth-grade band performing under the direction of music teacher Lisa Aglioti, shown above.
Other students sharing their accomplishments during the event included Jackson Lightner, 10, who is pictured at right bottom reciting a poem he learned in his fourth-grade language arts class.
Also at the event, Green High School tennis team member Lauren Griffin, 14, gives Mikey Hope, 5, a lesson on how to play the game.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Mosaic Picture Frame for grades 5-12 - 7/24/2014
- Taste of Akron - 7/24/2014
- “Complaints of a Dutiful Daughter:” - 7/24/2014
- Downtown@Dusk: Horns and Things - 7/24/2014
- GriefCare Place - 7/24/2014