Green district celebrates education
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
The event returned this year after several years off and was presented by the Green Schools Foundation, which was formed in 1991 to promote academic excellence in Green Local Schools by awarding academic classroom grants for special activities and projects and scholarships to graduating seniors, according to its website, greenschoolsfoundation.com.
The Celebration of Education showcased academic work, artwork, band and choir performances and other accomplishments of students in preschool through 12th grade.
Among the presentations was the Green Intermediate School fifth-grade band performing under the direction of music teacher Lisa Aglioti, shown above.
Other students sharing their accomplishments during the event included Jackson Lightner, 10, who is pictured at right bottom reciting a poem he learned in his fourth-grade language arts class.
Also at the event, Green High School tennis team member Lauren Griffin, 14, gives Mikey Hope, 5, a lesson on how to play the game.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
Calendar of Events
- Akron Symphony Holiday Pops - 12/18/2014
- Akron Pops Orchestra Holiday Concert - 12/18/2014
- Yoga in the Park - 12/18/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 12/18/2014
- “Annie” - 12/18/2014