Green district celebrates education
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
The event returned this year after several years off and was presented by the Green Schools Foundation, which was formed in 1991 to promote academic excellence in Green Local Schools by awarding academic classroom grants for special activities and projects and scholarships to graduating seniors, according to its website, greenschoolsfoundation.com.
The Celebration of Education showcased academic work, artwork, band and choir performances and other accomplishments of students in preschool through 12th grade.
Among the presentations was the Green Intermediate School fifth-grade band performing under the direction of music teacher Lisa Aglioti, shown above.
Other students sharing their accomplishments during the event included Jackson Lightner, 10, who is pictured at right bottom reciting a poem he learned in his fourth-grade language arts class.
Also at the event, Green High School tennis team member Lauren Griffin, 14, gives Mikey Hope, 5, a lesson on how to play the game.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Dickinson reclaiming County Council seat
- CVNP celebrates NPS centennial
- Bath road levy renewal on ballot
- Mentors help connect students to colleges, careers
- Minority business group marks first year
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Political News & Notes
- Council, administration clash over Nash Heights pump station
- Copley trustees prep township for winter
- Richfield Council, officials bid farewell to service director
- Richfield trustees declare property a nuisance
- Trump addresses large crowd in Akron
Calendar of Events
- Jim Gill; Robin Roseberry - 8/25/2016
- Moustache Yourself - 8/25/2016
- Yoga in the Park - 8/25/2016
- Community Forum with the International Institute - 8/25/2016
- Noy Chournramany: Meditation and Alternate States of Consciousness - 8/25/2016