New BZA member sought in Norton
NORTON — The city of Norton is seeking interested citizens willing to serve on the city’s Board of Building and Zoning Appeals (BZA). The opening is for an at-large/alternate member serving a three-year term, according to Ann Campbell, administrative officer.
The BZA meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Safety-Administration Building, 4060 Columbia Woods Drive, and board members are paid a small stipend for each meeting, according to city officials.
The responsibility of the BZA is to hear and decide appeals for exceptions to and variances in the application of resolutions, ordinances, regulations, measures and orders of administrative officials or agencies governing zoning and building in Norton, as may be required to afford justice and avoid unreasonable hardship, according to the city’s charter.
Interested applicants must be registered voters and officially reside in the city of Norton, according to city officials.
Individuals interested in the position can contact the Administration Building at 330-825-7815, ext. 314, or email email@example.com.
Ariel Hakim contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Akron welcoming NBA star ‘back home’
- Old-fashioned carnival celebrates SCHS anniversary
- Woodridge bids farewell to board member
- APS board accepts donation from foundation
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Boston trustees discuss issues with road project
- Sharon officials provide update on smell
- Falls drafts deal for development of Menards
- Norton working on flood control on Newpark Drive
- Granger Fire personnel sworn in
- Fairlawn officials investigating nightly room rentals in residences
- West Side News & Notes
- Springfield superintendent retiring
- Road resurfacing behind schedule in Coventry
- Pine Lake residents object to new Lauer Park entrance
Calendar of Events
- Mr. Bubble - 7/22/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 7/22/2014
- A New Beginning - 7/23/2014
- 24th Annual AoRC Juried Show - 7/23/2014
- Music in the Meadow: Mo’ Mojo - 7/23/2014