New BZA member sought in Norton
NORTON — The city of Norton is seeking interested citizens willing to serve on the city’s Board of Building and Zoning Appeals (BZA). The opening is for an at-large/alternate member serving a three-year term, according to Ann Campbell, administrative officer.
The BZA meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Safety-Administration Building, 4060 Columbia Woods Drive, and board members are paid a small stipend for each meeting, according to city officials.
The responsibility of the BZA is to hear and decide appeals for exceptions to and variances in the application of resolutions, ordinances, regulations, measures and orders of administrative officials or agencies governing zoning and building in Norton, as may be required to afford justice and avoid unreasonable hardship, according to the city’s charter.
Interested applicants must be registered voters and officially reside in the city of Norton, according to city officials.
Individuals interested in the position can contact the Administration Building at 330-825-7815, ext. 314, or email email@example.com.
Ariel Hakim contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
- Lakemore Council bids farewell to solicitor
- Santas spreading holiday cheer with Kiwanis events
- Coventry still mulling Sheriff’s Office contract
- Coventry superintendent tackling negativity
- Green students give back to community
- Springfield trustees approve zoning change
- Akron raises campaign limits, OKs body camera trial
- Manchester senior earns Eagle Scout rank
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 12/23/2014
- A New Beginning - 12/24/2014
- Presents for Nature Realm Critters - 12/24/2014
- School’s Out Cookout: bring hot dogs and buns - 12/26/2014
- A New Adventure - 12/27/2014