New BZA member sought in Norton
NORTON — The city of Norton is seeking interested citizens willing to serve on the city’s Board of Building and Zoning Appeals (BZA). The opening is for an at-large/alternate member serving a three-year term, according to Ann Campbell, administrative officer.
The BZA meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Safety-Administration Building, 4060 Columbia Woods Drive, and board members are paid a small stipend for each meeting, according to city officials.
The responsibility of the BZA is to hear and decide appeals for exceptions to and variances in the application of resolutions, ordinances, regulations, measures and orders of administrative officials or agencies governing zoning and building in Norton, as may be required to afford justice and avoid unreasonable hardship, according to the city’s charter.
Interested applicants must be registered voters and officially reside in the city of Norton, according to city officials.
Individuals interested in the position can contact the Administration Building at 330-825-7815, ext. 314, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ariel Hakim contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Wallhaven retail development on track
- Soap Box Derby champs get grand welcome
- County Council opposes proposal for redistricting
- Bath preparing for Community Day
- Copley Heritage Day celebration Aug. 1
- West Side News & Notes
- GAR Foundation awards grants
- Bath trustees approve police replacement levy for ballot
- Copley seeking single-hauler trash bids
- Blood donation sites
- Sharon trustees finalize fire levy plans
- Richfield trustees OK funds for building project
- Chief Saley resigns from Lakemore Fire
- New Franklin updating capital needs
- Coventry school board selects new district treasurer
- County Council opposes redistricting proposal
- Akron to present revised sewer plan to U.S. EPA
- City of Akron testing algae monitoring device
Calendar of Events
- Plein Air Exhibition - 7/30/2015
- “Jupiter Ascending” - 7/30/2015
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 7/30/2015
- Mostly Blues Band with Peggy Coyle - 7/30/2015
- “Hairspray” - 7/31/2015