New BZA member sought in Norton
NORTON — The city of Norton is seeking interested citizens willing to serve on the city’s Board of Building and Zoning Appeals (BZA). The opening is for an at-large/alternate member serving a three-year term, according to Ann Campbell, administrative officer.
The BZA meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Safety-Administration Building, 4060 Columbia Woods Drive, and board members are paid a small stipend for each meeting, according to city officials.
The responsibility of the BZA is to hear and decide appeals for exceptions to and variances in the application of resolutions, ordinances, regulations, measures and orders of administrative officials or agencies governing zoning and building in Norton, as may be required to afford justice and avoid unreasonable hardship, according to the city’s charter.
Interested applicants must be registered voters and officially reside in the city of Norton, according to city officials.
Individuals interested in the position can contact the Administration Building at 330-825-7815, ext. 314, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ariel Hakim contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office talks policing contract, sales tax with Coventry
- Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
- Green Council denies zoning for apartment complex
- New Franklin Council OKs lawsuit settlement
- County Council gives partial support to Breaking Addiction Act
- Spring Hill gets new playground
- ACF, city join to award grants for local neighborhoods
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014