New BZA member sought in Norton
NORTON — The city of Norton is seeking interested citizens willing to serve on the city’s Board of Building and Zoning Appeals (BZA). The opening is for an at-large/alternate member serving a three-year term, according to Ann Campbell, administrative officer.
The BZA meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Safety-Administration Building, 4060 Columbia Woods Drive, and board members are paid a small stipend for each meeting, according to city officials.
The responsibility of the BZA is to hear and decide appeals for exceptions to and variances in the application of resolutions, ordinances, regulations, measures and orders of administrative officials or agencies governing zoning and building in Norton, as may be required to afford justice and avoid unreasonable hardship, according to the city’s charter.
Interested applicants must be registered voters and officially reside in the city of Norton, according to city officials.
Individuals interested in the position can contact the Administration Building at 330-825-7815, ext. 314, or email email@example.com.
Ariel Hakim contributed to this report.
More Community News
- West Hill cell tower gets reluctant approval
- 93 Cents for Flight 93 to create mobile museum
- Fairlawn Council votes down two proposed charter changes
- Iraq War vet climbs to raise awareness about suicide
- West Side News & Notes
- Norton Girl Scouts help homeless students
- County moving forward on traffic study
- Bath trustees reject fact-finding report regarding IAFF
- Boston trustees address issues with salt for winter
- Sharon officials discuss proposed annexation of property
- Springfield considering trash aggregation
- Seniors dig improvements
- Lakemore seeks funds for lakefront playground
- Springfield district rededicates plaques
- RNC volunteers sought for Akron
- South Side News & Notes
- Animals die in fire at Springfield pet care business
- County looking to provide IT services to others
- Coventry trustees grant homeowner chance to repair home
- Akron plans to raise EMS fees
- Sibshop focused on siblings of special needs children
Calendar of Events
- Adult Ceramics - 5/24/2016
- Akron History: Glendale Cemetery - 5/24/2016
- Cardio Hike - 5/24/2016
- Meet Me in the Garden: Succulent Wreath - 5/25/2016
- A Night at the Museum: Real Women. Real Talk - 5/25/2016