Financial literacy classes offered
GREATER AKRON — The Summit County Office of Consumer Affairs is teaming up once again with partners and sponsors to recognize April as Financial Literacy Month. During this month, area residents are invited to attend one of more than 28 free events presenting information on a wide range of financial topics, such as consumer debt, home buying, improving credit scores, debt and collections, protecting identity, avoiding financial fraud and schemes, employment opportunities for seniors and veterans, and more.
The following is a list of local events, along with locations and phone numbers for registration, where required.
- Today, April 10:
√ Money Management and Financial Planning, 4 to 6 p.m. at the Veterans Service Commission (VSC), 1060 E. Waterloo Road in South Akron. To register, call 330-643-2879.
√ Financial Fitness, with East Akron Neighborhood Development (EANDC), 1046 S. Arlington St. in East Akron, 6 to 8 p.m. To register, call 330-724-0244.
- April 11: Financial Literacy Workshop, 1 to 2:30 p.m. at the OhioMeansJobs Center, E. Tallmadge Ave. in North Akron. To register, call 330-633-1050, option No. 2.
- April 12: Financial Management, with Mustard Seed Development Center, 1357 Home Ave. in North Akron, 9 to 11 a.m. To register, call 330 631-0350.
- April 14: Credit Happens, with partner Greenleaf Family Center, 580 Grant St. in Downtown Akron, 1 to 3 p.m. To register, call 330-376-9494, ext. 214.
- April 16:
√ Veteran Job & Career Fair, with VSC, 1 to 3 p.m. For details, call 330-643-7636.
√ Stow Consumer Debt Class, with Community Legal Aid Services, 4 p.m., at Cuyahoga Falls Library, 2015 Third St. To register, call 800-998-9454.
√ Money Management for Teens, with Youth Employment for Success (YES), 140 E. Market St. in Downtown Akron, 4 to 6 p.m. To register or for details, call 330-643-7886.
- April 17: Financial Fitness, with EANDC, 6 to 8 p.m. To register, call 330-724-0244.
- April 18: Akron Consumer Debt Class, with Community Legal Aid Services, 2:30 p.m., at Akron Municipal Court, 217 S. High St., ninth floor, in Downtown Akron. To register, call 800-998-9454.
- April 19: Financial Management, with Mustard Seed Development Center, 9 to 11 a.m. To register, call 330-631-0350.
- April 21:
√ Barberton Consumer Debt Clinic, with Community Legal Aid Services, 5:30 p.m. at Barberton Library, 602 W. Park Ave. To register, call 800-998-9454.
√ Marriage and Money, with Primerica, 7 to 8 p.m. at Primerica offices, 169 E. Turkeyfoot Lake Road in Green. To register or for questions, call 330-644-9910.
- April 24:
√ OPEN M Counsel and Advice Clinic, with Community Legal Aid Services, 5:30 p.m. at Open M, located at 941 Princeton St. in Downtown Akron. To register, call 800-998-9454.
√ Financial Fitness, with EANDC, 6 to 8 p.m. at EANDC offices. To register, call 330-724-0244.
- April 25: Financial Literacy Workshop, 1 to 2:30 p.m. at the OhioMeansJobs Center. To register call 330-633-1050, option No. 2.
- April 26:
√ Better Business Bureau (BBB) Secure Your ID Day, with Neoshred, 895 E. Tallmadge Ave. in North Akron, 9 a.m. to noon. Limit 10 boxes per person. For details, call Neoshred at 330-253-8260.
√ Financial Management, with Mustard Seed Development Center, 9 to 11 a.m. To register, call 330-631-0350.
- April 29: Pros and Cons of Reverse Mortgages, with Fair Housing Contact Service, for homeowners age 62 and older, 2 to 4 p.m., at Akron-Summit Library, 60 S. High St. in Downtown Akron. To register, call 330-376-6191.
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office talks policing contract, sales tax with Coventry
- Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
- Green Council denies zoning for apartment complex
- New Franklin Council OKs lawsuit settlement
- County Council gives partial support to Breaking Addiction Act
- Spring Hill gets new playground
- ACF, city join to award grants for local neighborhoods
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014