Children celebrate Easter early
The annual event, which took place at Schrop Intermediate School, invited toddlers through those age 9 to bring a basket and search for colorful plastic eggs filled with candy.
Shown below is the yard at Schrop filled with eggs for the event.
Among those collecting eggs was Grant Hurt, 2, of Springfield, shown at right.
Children also got to visit with the Easter Bunny, shown above, arriving by train. Face painting and refreshments also were available.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Krista Galloway
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
- Lakemore requesting income tax increase
- Coventry moving ahead with police ballot issue
- Springfield trustees to place new parks levy on ballot
- South Side News & Notes
- Akron mayor wants Oriana House audit
- Green mayor to give State of City
Calendar of Events
- Play and Stay Friday - 1/20/2017
- 11th Annual Chili Challenge to benefit Akron Children’s Hospital’s Burn Unit - 1/20/2017
- Silly Fridays: Create Your Own Crystal Garden - 1/20/2017
- Homeschoolers: The Power of Poison: ages 11-14 - 1/20/2017
- Puppet Show: Mindy Mouse Finds a Flower - 1/21/2017