Children celebrate Easter early
The annual event, which took place at Schrop Intermediate School, invited toddlers through those age 9 to bring a basket and search for colorful plastic eggs filled with candy.
Shown below is the yard at Schrop filled with eggs for the event.
Among those collecting eggs was Grant Hurt, 2, of Springfield, shown at right.
Children also got to visit with the Easter Bunny, shown above, arriving by train. Face painting and refreshments also were available.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Krista Galloway
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
- New Springfield superintendent named
- Communities gearing up for Rock the Docks
- New Franklin charter changes headed to ballot
- Community event planned at East Liberty Park
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Wingfoot One selected as new blimp name
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Summertime Card Party - 7/25/2014
- Voices in the Valley: Jim Gill - 7/25/2014
- Wine Tasting and Silent Auction - 7/25/2014
- Tony Rio - 7/25/2014
- A New Adventure - 7/26/2014