Children celebrate Easter early
The annual event, which took place at Schrop Intermediate School, invited toddlers through those age 9 to bring a basket and search for colorful plastic eggs filled with candy.
Shown below is the yard at Schrop filled with eggs for the event.
Among those collecting eggs was Grant Hurt, 2, of Springfield, shown at right.
Children also got to visit with the Easter Bunny, shown above, arriving by train. Face painting and refreshments also were available.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Krista Galloway
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Gardening Through the Year: Wreath Making - 12/4/2016
- ”Nutcracker” - 12/4/2016
- University of Akron Choirs: ‘Tis the Season - 12/4/2016
- Dixieland Jazz Concert - 12/4/2016
- Crafty Mart Presents Cottage Mart - 12/4/2016