Children celebrate Easter early
The annual event, which took place at Schrop Intermediate School, invited toddlers through those age 9 to bring a basket and search for colorful plastic eggs filled with candy.
Shown below is the yard at Schrop filled with eggs for the event.
Among those collecting eggs was Grant Hurt, 2, of Springfield, shown at right.
Children also got to visit with the Easter Bunny, shown above, arriving by train. Face painting and refreshments also were available.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Krista Galloway
More Community News
- Officials tell Akron Council Ebola risk low
- Fun treats found at Boo at the Zoo
- Health officials mobilize in wake of Ebola concerns
- Fairlawn officials still mulling rental property changes
- Charter change on ballot in Fairlawn
- Council hears reactions to five-year plan
- Norton approves resolutions thanking citizens for service
- Richfield trustees choose architect for service, administration center
- Trustees act on neighborhood traffic concerns
- Peninsula Council meets week after failing to make quorum
- Sharon trustees discuss solicitation incidents
- Bath trustees approve terminating agreement
- Burton D. Morgan Foundation extends support for entrepreneurship programs
- Fairlawn Heights neighbors host festival
- Sight-impaired children get tailored zoo experience
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- The Tubes - 10/24/2014
- Tales for Tots - 10/24/2014
- Voices in the Valley: The Numbers Band - 10/24/2014
- Socks in the Frying Pan - 10/24/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014