Peninsula Council approves agricultural district renewal
Following a public hearing April 14, Peninsula Village Council unanimously approved renewing an application for land in an agricultural district located at 6050 Riverview Road.
Landowners must apply to renew their status in an agricultural district every five years, according to Fiscal Officer John Stiegel.
Being located in an agricultural district can help protect farmers from use of eminent domain powers of government, nuisance lawsuits and new water, sewer and electrical assessments, according to Ohio Revised Code.
Also, after approving pay scales for part-time and auxiliary police officers at last month’s meeting, Council discussed establishing pay scales for the village’s full-time police officers, but no decision was made.
A special committee convened April 21 to continue discussions on that topic. They are scheduled to meet again May 7 at 5 p.m. prior to making any recommendation to Council as a whole, Stiegel said.
In other business, Council discussed Solicitor Constance Hesske’s suggestion that members consider conducting regular meetings twice a month, as many other municipalities do. Currently, Peninsula Village Council meets for its regular meetings on the second Monday of each month and schedules special meetings as needed.
Also at the meeting, Council heard the Peninsula Area Chamber of Commerce is putting in a new kiosk offering information for visitors, located near the Trail Mix store, Stiegel said.
Peninsula Village Council’s next regular meeting is set for May 12 at 7 p.m. in the second-floor Council room of Peninsula Village Hall, located at the corner of state Route 303 and Akron-Peninsula Road.
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office talks policing contract, sales tax with Coventry
- Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
- Green Council denies zoning for apartment complex
- New Franklin Council OKs lawsuit settlement
- County Council gives partial support to Breaking Addiction Act
- Spring Hill gets new playground
- ACF, city join to award grants for local neighborhoods
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- 11th Annual Juried Fiber Arts Show - 8/29/2014
- Texas Hold’em Afternoon - 8/29/2014
- A New Beginning - 8/30/2014
- “Ride” - 8/30/2014
- Get Acquainted With Bridge - 8/30/2014