Peninsula Council approves agricultural district renewal
Following a public hearing April 14, Peninsula Village Council unanimously approved renewing an application for land in an agricultural district located at 6050 Riverview Road.
Landowners must apply to renew their status in an agricultural district every five years, according to Fiscal Officer John Stiegel.
Being located in an agricultural district can help protect farmers from use of eminent domain powers of government, nuisance lawsuits and new water, sewer and electrical assessments, according to Ohio Revised Code.
Also, after approving pay scales for part-time and auxiliary police officers at last month’s meeting, Council discussed establishing pay scales for the village’s full-time police officers, but no decision was made.
A special committee convened April 21 to continue discussions on that topic. They are scheduled to meet again May 7 at 5 p.m. prior to making any recommendation to Council as a whole, Stiegel said.
In other business, Council discussed Solicitor Constance Hesske’s suggestion that members consider conducting regular meetings twice a month, as many other municipalities do. Currently, Peninsula Village Council meets for its regular meetings on the second Monday of each month and schedules special meetings as needed.
Also at the meeting, Council heard the Peninsula Area Chamber of Commerce is putting in a new kiosk offering information for visitors, located near the Trail Mix store, Stiegel said.
Peninsula Village Council’s next regular meeting is set for May 12 at 7 p.m. in the second-floor Council room of Peninsula Village Hall, located at the corner of state Route 303 and Akron-Peninsula Road.
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
- New Springfield superintendent named
- Communities gearing up for Rock the Docks
- New Franklin charter changes headed to ballot
- Community event planned at East Liberty Park
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Wingfoot One selected as new blimp name
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Windows 8 - 7/29/2014
- Pilates - 7/30/2014
- Intercourse the Collective - 7/30/2014
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014
- Works by Portage Path Community Learning Center art students - 7/31/2014