Todd McKenney appointed Barberton Muny Court judge
He replaces Christine Croce, who was previously appointed to the Summit County Court of Common Pleas.
The Barberton Municipal Court serves the communities of Coventry, Green, New Franklin, Clinton, Barberton, Norton and Copley.
McKenney, a resident of New Franklin, served on New Franklin City Council from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2010; as a Republican state representative for District 43 from Jan. 3 to Nov. 16, 2011; and as Probate Court judge from Nov. 18, 2011, to Dec. 31, 2012.
McKinney’s investiture ceremony will be held May 8 at 4:30 p.m. at Lake Anna Hall, located at 542 W. Park Ave. in Barberton. The public is welcome to attend. A reception will follow the ceremony with light refreshments provided by the Akron Bar Association.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Wallhaven retail development on track
- Soap Box Derby champs get grand welcome
- County Council opposes proposal for redistricting
- Bath preparing for Community Day
- Copley Heritage Day celebration Aug. 1
- West Side News & Notes
- GAR Foundation awards grants
- Bath trustees approve police replacement levy for ballot
- Copley seeking single-hauler trash bids
- Blood donation sites
- Sharon trustees finalize fire levy plans
- Richfield trustees OK funds for building project
- Chief Saley resigns from Lakemore Fire
- New Franklin updating capital needs
- Coventry school board selects new district treasurer
- County Council opposes redistricting proposal
- Akron to present revised sewer plan to U.S. EPA
- City of Akron testing algae monitoring device
Calendar of Events
- Summer Water’s Edge Exhibit - 7/27/2015
- Cuyahoga Falls Community Band - 7/27/2015
- “Night of January 16th” - 7/27/2015
- Teen Tuesdays - 7/28/2015
- “Hair” - 7/28/2015