Todd McKenney appointed Barberton Muny Court judge
He replaces Christine Croce, who was previously appointed to the Summit County Court of Common Pleas.
The Barberton Municipal Court serves the communities of Coventry, Green, New Franklin, Clinton, Barberton, Norton and Copley.
McKenney, a resident of New Franklin, served on New Franklin City Council from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2010; as a Republican state representative for District 43 from Jan. 3 to Nov. 16, 2011; and as Probate Court judge from Nov. 18, 2011, to Dec. 31, 2012.
McKinney’s investiture ceremony will be held May 8 at 4:30 p.m. at Lake Anna Hall, located at 542 W. Park Ave. in Barberton. The public is welcome to attend. A reception will follow the ceremony with light refreshments provided by the Akron Bar Association.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
- Coventry to further fund flood mitigation
- Local man ‘model’ citizen with building hobby
- County Council notes success of Gay Games
- Cottage Grove School set for demolition
- Kick for The Cure benefiting Camp Quality, hospice
- Springfield trustees seeking to reduce water/sewer bills further
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 8/27/2014
- Tai Chi for those touched by cancer - 8/27/2014
- Pilates - 8/27/2014
- “Divergent” - 8/28/2014
- 11th Annual Juried Fiber Arts Show - 8/29/2014