Todd McKenney appointed Barberton Muny Court judge
He replaces Christine Croce, who was previously appointed to the Summit County Court of Common Pleas.
The Barberton Municipal Court serves the communities of Coventry, Green, New Franklin, Clinton, Barberton, Norton and Copley.
McKenney, a resident of New Franklin, served on New Franklin City Council from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2010; as a Republican state representative for District 43 from Jan. 3 to Nov. 16, 2011; and as Probate Court judge from Nov. 18, 2011, to Dec. 31, 2012.
McKinney’s investiture ceremony will be held May 8 at 4:30 p.m. at Lake Anna Hall, located at 542 W. Park Ave. in Barberton. The public is welcome to attend. A reception will follow the ceremony with light refreshments provided by the Akron Bar Association.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Community News
- First major Akron CSO project underway
- Culture celebrated at Global Village Festival
- Some Council members awaiting CSO update
- Community Health Center celebrating 40 years
- St. Sebastian Parish School marking 85th anniversary
- County’s Personnel Committee ironing out employee benefits
- Bath purchasing larger recycling carts
- Boston trustees discuss Halloween activities
- Sharon trustees learn of successful charity garage sale
- Library celebrates milestones with party
- River cleanup volunteers needed
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- The Help - 9/19/2014
- Medina County Story Fest - 9/20/2014
- A Vision to Share, a Story to Tell - 9/20/2014
- “Deadly Murder” - 9/20/2014
- Using Ancestry in Your Genealogy Research - 9/20/2014