Todd McKenney appointed Barberton Muny Court judge
He replaces Christine Croce, who was previously appointed to the Summit County Court of Common Pleas.
The Barberton Municipal Court serves the communities of Coventry, Green, New Franklin, Clinton, Barberton, Norton and Copley.
McKenney, a resident of New Franklin, served on New Franklin City Council from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2010; as a Republican state representative for District 43 from Jan. 3 to Nov. 16, 2011; and as Probate Court judge from Nov. 18, 2011, to Dec. 31, 2012.
McKinney’s investiture ceremony will be held May 8 at 4:30 p.m. at Lake Anna Hall, located at 542 W. Park Ave. in Barberton. The public is welcome to attend. A reception will follow the ceremony with light refreshments provided by the Akron Bar Association.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Council districts subject of opposing issues
- Fun in season at Ohio Mart
- Akron expanding Wallhaven business district
- Creator of Portage Path sculptures returning for lecture
- West Side News & Notes
- Veterans get helping hand
- County Council selling bonds for The Village at St. Edward
- Urban Ounce of Prevention festivities mark 25th anniversary
- Work on Route 18 nearing completion for 2015
- Sessions on retirement planned
- Akron SCORE celebrates anniversary
- Bath trustees OK payment for Heritage Corridors project
- Bath Community Fund celebrates success
- Richfield trustees support Issue 22
- Cuyahoga Falls billboards promote medical information program
- Council introduces vicious dog legislation
- Bulldog Dash raises funds for Green schools
- Springfield district seeking renewal of two levies
- County Council holds public hearing for sewer project
- Council districts subject of opposing ballot issues
- South Side News & Notes
- Summer sewer rate discussed in Akron
Calendar of Events
- Akron Craft Beer Festival - 10/9/2015
- Tony Toni Tone - 10/9/2015
- “Cheaper by the Dozen” - 10/10/2015
- Read to the Dogs - 10/10/2015
- Fall Family Outing - 10/10/2015