Todd McKenney appointed Barberton Muny Court judge
He replaces Christine Croce, who was previously appointed to the Summit County Court of Common Pleas.
The Barberton Municipal Court serves the communities of Coventry, Green, New Franklin, Clinton, Barberton, Norton and Copley.
McKenney, a resident of New Franklin, served on New Franklin City Council from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2010; as a Republican state representative for District 43 from Jan. 3 to Nov. 16, 2011; and as Probate Court judge from Nov. 18, 2011, to Dec. 31, 2012.
McKinney’s investiture ceremony will be held May 8 at 4:30 p.m. at Lake Anna Hall, located at 542 W. Park Ave. in Barberton. The public is welcome to attend. A reception will follow the ceremony with light refreshments provided by the Akron Bar Association.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
- Lakemore requesting income tax increase
- Coventry moving ahead with police ballot issue
- Springfield trustees to place new parks levy on ballot
- South Side News & Notes
- Akron mayor wants Oriana House audit
- Green mayor to give State of City
Calendar of Events
- The Lincoln Inaugural Train - 1/23/2017
- “Reasons to Be Happy” - 1/24/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 1/25/2017
- Tuesday Musical: Imani Winds - 1/25/2017
- Full Circle Storytelling - 1/25/2017