Free Fishing Days in Ohio set for this weekend
COVENTRY— Free Fishing Days in Ohio will take place May 3-4. For these two days only, Ohio anglers may fish in any of the state’s public waters without having to buy a fishing license. During the rest of the year, anglers 16 years and older are required to have a valid fishing license to take fish, frogs or turtles from Ohio waters.
An Ohio fishing license costs $19 a year for residents. Ohio residents born on or before Dec. 31, 1937, can obtain a free fishing license at any license vendor. Residents ages 66 and older who were born on or after Jan. 1, 1938, are eligible to obtain a reduced cost senior fishing license for $10. A one-day fishing license is also available for $11, an amount that later can be applied toward the cost of an annual fishing license. Fishing licenses are available at bait and tackle stores, outdoor outfitters, major department stores and www.wildohio.com.
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources Wildlife District Three Headquarters, 912 Portage Lakes Drive, will have a special event for anglers ages 15 and younger at its Youth Fishing Area in the Portage Lakes May 3 from 10 a.m. to noon. All young anglers must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while in the youth area. Adults are not allowed to fish in the youth area, but may assist their young anglers. Equipment, bait and staff member assistance will be provided at no charge.
For more information, call 330-644-2293 or visit the website.
More Community News
- Sewer bill relief options debated
- Firestone alums get last, first looks at schools
- Council learns of drug treatment options
- Plusquellic steps back into spotlight
- Copley-Fairlawn D.A.R.E. impact shows in essays
- West Side News & Notes
- Falls Council honors Acme with street naming award
- Trustees hear updated plan for Cuyahoga Falls-Boston JEDD area
- Norton Council discusses proposed donation of cemetery
- Falls mayor to unveil new city logo
- Richfield trustees proceed with road levy
- Granger trustees discuss zoning issues
- Food sensitivities explored
- Norton Kiwanis welcomes member, presents check
- Norton officials participate in Special Olympics Torch Run
Calendar of Events
- Fossils For Kids - 6/30/2016
- Robin Roseberry - 6/30/2016
- Art by Portage Path CLC Students - 6/30/2016
- Members’ Show - 6/30/2016
- Cuyahoga Falls Community Band - 6/30/2016