Free Fishing Days in Ohio set for this weekend
COVENTRY— Free Fishing Days in Ohio will take place May 3-4. For these two days only, Ohio anglers may fish in any of the state’s public waters without having to buy a fishing license. During the rest of the year, anglers 16 years and older are required to have a valid fishing license to take fish, frogs or turtles from Ohio waters.
An Ohio fishing license costs $19 a year for residents. Ohio residents born on or before Dec. 31, 1937, can obtain a free fishing license at any license vendor. Residents ages 66 and older who were born on or after Jan. 1, 1938, are eligible to obtain a reduced cost senior fishing license for $10. A one-day fishing license is also available for $11, an amount that later can be applied toward the cost of an annual fishing license. Fishing licenses are available at bait and tackle stores, outdoor outfitters, major department stores and www.wildohio.com.
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources Wildlife District Three Headquarters, 912 Portage Lakes Drive, will have a special event for anglers ages 15 and younger at its Youth Fishing Area in the Portage Lakes May 3 from 10 a.m. to noon. All young anglers must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while in the youth area. Adults are not allowed to fish in the youth area, but may assist their young anglers. Equipment, bait and staff member assistance will be provided at no charge.
For more information, call 330-644-2293 or visit the website.
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
- New Springfield superintendent named
- Communities gearing up for Rock the Docks
- New Franklin charter changes headed to ballot
- Community event planned at East Liberty Park
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Wingfoot One selected as new blimp name
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Pilates - 7/30/2014
- Intercourse the Collective - 7/30/2014
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014
- Works by Portage Path Community Learning Center art students - 7/31/2014
- “Shout! The Mod Musical” - 8/2/2014