Green volunteers rehab local home
According to Rebuilding Together officials, the nonprofit helps repair and rehabilitate the homes of homeowners who are low-income, elderly, disabled and/or veterans. The organization teamed up with local officials to rehabilitate nine homes in Summit County April 26.
In Green, the organization partnered with the city to make improvements to a Greensburg Road home as part of that effort. According to city officials, volunteers installed new exterior doors, kitchen cabinets, drywall, ceiling fans and a new deck to the home of 85-year-old Betty Hodges. Landscaping and fresh paint also were included in the projects.
Shown above is volunteer Sharon Salem sitting with Hodges, who has lived in her home since 1962, as volunteer Bob Perko paints the ceiling of a room nearby.
Other volunteers included Green Fire Department personnel working on a new countertop in the backyard of the home, shown below.
According to city officials, Green has partnered with Rebuilding Together since 2006 and allocates $30,000 for the Rebuilding Together program each year.
For more information on Rebuilding Together, visit www.rebuildingtogether-sc.org or call 330-773-4100.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Mock crash reminds students of risks
- Akron rolls out medical marijuana plan
- Akron Council, BOE delve into issues
- Author ties together causes of opiate epidemic
- Yellow Creek watershed advocates move forward
- West Side News & Notes
- Area Girl Scouts take part in World Thinking Day
- LeBron James announces plan for new Akron school
- Summit first autism-friendly county in Ohio
- Boston BZA fees going up
- BCF launches fundraiser
- Council chambers receives electronic upgrades
- Bath trustees authorize new parking lot design
- Library levy before Medina County voters
- Sharon officials discuss spring projects
- Bright ‘Roland’ back at library
- Venturing Crew clears trail preserve
- Lakemore gearing up for police department
- Author ties together causes of opiate problem
- Coventry Schools levy renewal ‘crucial’ for district
- Township officials addressing opiate epidemic
- Coventry fire department utilizing grant money
- South Side News & Notes
- Springfield trustees move to demolish garage
Calendar of Events
- “Hidden Figures” - 4/23/2017
- Gemboree - 4/23/2017
- Community Art - 4/23/2017
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 4/24/2017
- The Art of Journaling; Men Facing Grief Support Group - 4/24/2017