Green volunteers rehab local home
According to Rebuilding Together officials, the nonprofit helps repair and rehabilitate the homes of homeowners who are low-income, elderly, disabled and/or veterans. The organization teamed up with local officials to rehabilitate nine homes in Summit County April 26.
In Green, the organization partnered with the city to make improvements to a Greensburg Road home as part of that effort. According to city officials, volunteers installed new exterior doors, kitchen cabinets, drywall, ceiling fans and a new deck to the home of 85-year-old Betty Hodges. Landscaping and fresh paint also were included in the projects.
Shown above is volunteer Sharon Salem sitting with Hodges, who has lived in her home since 1962, as volunteer Bob Perko paints the ceiling of a room nearby.
Other volunteers included Green Fire Department personnel working on a new countertop in the backyard of the home, shown below.
According to city officials, Green has partnered with Rebuilding Together since 2006 and allocates $30,000 for the Rebuilding Together program each year.
For more information on Rebuilding Together, visit www.rebuildingtogether-sc.org or call 330-773-4100.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Local issues filed for November ballot
- Richfield celebrates annual Community Day
- James keeps focus on today’s youth at rally
- County Council committees back at work
- Heritage Woods residents ask for four-way stop at intersection
- Falls Council OKs contract to bring Menards to Graham Road
- Peninsula planning commission meetings moved
- Council addresses return of Richfield School bell
- Plans for administration building still being worked out
- Granger trustees considering proposal for conservatory
- Inaugural race, walk benefitting Akron Children’s PICU
- Elms students volunteer in New York
- West Side News & Notes
- Familiar face heading up Highland athletics
- Woodridge looking forward to competitive season
Calendar of Events
- Norma Wagner Uray: Fashion Illustrations - 8/21/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Trains and Lovers,” by Alexander McCall Smith - 8/21/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 8/21/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 8/21/2014
- GriefCare Place - 8/21/2014