Green volunteers rehab local home
According to Rebuilding Together officials, the nonprofit helps repair and rehabilitate the homes of homeowners who are low-income, elderly, disabled and/or veterans. The organization teamed up with local officials to rehabilitate nine homes in Summit County April 26.
In Green, the organization partnered with the city to make improvements to a Greensburg Road home as part of that effort. According to city officials, volunteers installed new exterior doors, kitchen cabinets, drywall, ceiling fans and a new deck to the home of 85-year-old Betty Hodges. Landscaping and fresh paint also were included in the projects.
Shown above is volunteer Sharon Salem sitting with Hodges, who has lived in her home since 1962, as volunteer Bob Perko paints the ceiling of a room nearby.
Other volunteers included Green Fire Department personnel working on a new countertop in the backyard of the home, shown below.
According to city officials, Green has partnered with Rebuilding Together since 2006 and allocates $30,000 for the Rebuilding Together program each year.
For more information on Rebuilding Together, visit www.rebuildingtogether-sc.org or call 330-773-4100.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- First major Akron CSO project underway
- Culture celebrated at Global Village Festival
- Some Council members awaiting CSO update
- Community Health Center celebrating 40 years
- St. Sebastian Parish School marking 85th anniversary
- County’s Personnel Committee ironing out employee benefits
- Bath purchasing larger recycling carts
- Boston trustees discuss Halloween activities
- Sharon trustees learn of successful charity garage sale
- Library celebrates milestones with party
- River cleanup volunteers needed
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- The Help - 9/19/2014
- Medina County Story Fest - 9/20/2014
- A Vision to Share, a Story to Tell - 9/20/2014
- “Deadly Murder” - 9/20/2014
- Using Ancestry in Your Genealogy Research - 9/20/2014