Green volunteers rehab local home
According to Rebuilding Together officials, the nonprofit helps repair and rehabilitate the homes of homeowners who are low-income, elderly, disabled and/or veterans. The organization teamed up with local officials to rehabilitate nine homes in Summit County April 26.
In Green, the organization partnered with the city to make improvements to a Greensburg Road home as part of that effort. According to city officials, volunteers installed new exterior doors, kitchen cabinets, drywall, ceiling fans and a new deck to the home of 85-year-old Betty Hodges. Landscaping and fresh paint also were included in the projects.
Shown above is volunteer Sharon Salem sitting with Hodges, who has lived in her home since 1962, as volunteer Bob Perko paints the ceiling of a room nearby.
Other volunteers included Green Fire Department personnel working on a new countertop in the backyard of the home, shown below.
According to city officials, Green has partnered with Rebuilding Together since 2006 and allocates $30,000 for the Rebuilding Together program each year.
For more information on Rebuilding Together, visit www.rebuildingtogether-sc.org or call 330-773-4100.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
- Lakemore Council bids farewell to solicitor
- Santas spreading holiday cheer with Kiwanis events
- Coventry still mulling Sheriff’s Office contract
- Coventry superintendent tackling negativity
- Green students give back to community
- Springfield trustees approve zoning change
- Akron raises campaign limits, OKs body camera trial
- Manchester senior earns Eagle Scout rank
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 12/23/2014
- A New Beginning - 12/24/2014
- Presents for Nature Realm Critters - 12/24/2014
- School’s Out Cookout: bring hot dogs and buns - 12/26/2014
- A New Adventure - 12/27/2014