Green volunteers rehab local home
According to Rebuilding Together officials, the nonprofit helps repair and rehabilitate the homes of homeowners who are low-income, elderly, disabled and/or veterans. The organization teamed up with local officials to rehabilitate nine homes in Summit County April 26.
In Green, the organization partnered with the city to make improvements to a Greensburg Road home as part of that effort. According to city officials, volunteers installed new exterior doors, kitchen cabinets, drywall, ceiling fans and a new deck to the home of 85-year-old Betty Hodges. Landscaping and fresh paint also were included in the projects.
Shown above is volunteer Sharon Salem sitting with Hodges, who has lived in her home since 1962, as volunteer Bob Perko paints the ceiling of a room nearby.
Other volunteers included Green Fire Department personnel working on a new countertop in the backyard of the home, shown below.
According to city officials, Green has partnered with Rebuilding Together since 2006 and allocates $30,000 for the Rebuilding Together program each year.
For more information on Rebuilding Together, visit www.rebuildingtogether-sc.org or call 330-773-4100.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office talks policing contract, sales tax with Coventry
- Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
- Green Council denies zoning for apartment complex
- New Franklin Council OKs lawsuit settlement
- County Council gives partial support to Breaking Addiction Act
- Spring Hill gets new playground
- ACF, city join to award grants for local neighborhoods
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 9/10/2014
- Internet Genealogy - 9/13/2014