Summa’s new app helps moms, babies stay healthy
|Photo courtesy of Summa Health System|
The free app, known as “Flourish-Women’s Resource App,” went live May 5 on iTunes and provides information for women on maternal health, proper nutrition, breastfeeding, bonding with baby, proper use of a pacifier, bringing baby home and more. The interactive dialogues are designed to let women learn at their own pace, as well as to help create behavior change.
The app can be accessed through both smartphones and tablets and can be downloaded for free through both iTunes and Android stores.
The Summa Foundation Circle is comprised of a network of women leaders who share a philanthropic vision for improving the overall health and well-being of women in the community. The founding chairs are Dr. Vivian von Gruenigen, chair of the Summa Women’s Health Institute, and Julia Rea Bianchi, Summa Foundation Board member.
Shown above, from left, are Jo Dangel, of Summa Health System; Karen Dulaney, of JP Morgan; Nancy Myers, of Summa Health System; Denise Wells, community philanthropist; Phylis Ferrara, of Summa; Ginger Marchetta, community philanthropist; von Gruenigen; Mary Kay Chlebina, community philanthropist; and Dr. Priya Maseelall, of Reproductive Gynecology Inc.
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Gardening Through the Year: Wreath Making - 12/4/2016
- ”Nutcracker” - 12/4/2016
- University of Akron Choirs: ‘Tis the Season - 12/4/2016
- Dixieland Jazz Concert - 12/4/2016
- Crafty Mart Presents Cottage Mart - 12/4/2016