Summa’s new app helps moms, babies stay healthy
|Photo courtesy of Summa Health System|
The free app, known as “Flourish-Women’s Resource App,” went live May 5 on iTunes and provides information for women on maternal health, proper nutrition, breastfeeding, bonding with baby, proper use of a pacifier, bringing baby home and more. The interactive dialogues are designed to let women learn at their own pace, as well as to help create behavior change.
The app can be accessed through both smartphones and tablets and can be downloaded for free through both iTunes and Android stores.
The Summa Foundation Circle is comprised of a network of women leaders who share a philanthropic vision for improving the overall health and well-being of women in the community. The founding chairs are Dr. Vivian von Gruenigen, chair of the Summa Women’s Health Institute, and Julia Rea Bianchi, Summa Foundation Board member.
Shown above, from left, are Jo Dangel, of Summa Health System; Karen Dulaney, of JP Morgan; Nancy Myers, of Summa Health System; Denise Wells, community philanthropist; Phylis Ferrara, of Summa; Ginger Marchetta, community philanthropist; von Gruenigen; Mary Kay Chlebina, community philanthropist; and Dr. Priya Maseelall, of Reproductive Gynecology Inc.
More Community News
- Health officials turn attention to flu
- Vet Art Project promotes healing through shared stories
- Retired Norton police chief looks back on career
- Akron City Council commends Amber Vinson
- Preservation Alliance celebrating 30 years
- County planning Boston Mills Road improvements
- Natatorium’s deficit lessens in Falls
- Trustees discuss potential change in JEDD tax collection
- Cost will determine sewer system type in Norton
- Granger trustees approve work on Fire Station parking lot
- Richfield Village Council approves new cemetery fees
- Local Boy Scout earns Eagle rank with patio build
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Robert Gruca - 10/30/2014
- Family Halloween Party - 10/30/2014
- “Toy Story of Terror” and “Hocus Pocus" - 10/30/2014
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014