Summa’s new app helps moms, babies stay healthy
|Photo courtesy of Summa Health System|
The free app, known as “Flourish-Women’s Resource App,” went live May 5 on iTunes and provides information for women on maternal health, proper nutrition, breastfeeding, bonding with baby, proper use of a pacifier, bringing baby home and more. The interactive dialogues are designed to let women learn at their own pace, as well as to help create behavior change.
The app can be accessed through both smartphones and tablets and can be downloaded for free through both iTunes and Android stores.
The Summa Foundation Circle is comprised of a network of women leaders who share a philanthropic vision for improving the overall health and well-being of women in the community. The founding chairs are Dr. Vivian von Gruenigen, chair of the Summa Women’s Health Institute, and Julia Rea Bianchi, Summa Foundation Board member.
Shown above, from left, are Jo Dangel, of Summa Health System; Karen Dulaney, of JP Morgan; Nancy Myers, of Summa Health System; Denise Wells, community philanthropist; Phylis Ferrara, of Summa; Ginger Marchetta, community philanthropist; von Gruenigen; Mary Kay Chlebina, community philanthropist; and Dr. Priya Maseelall, of Reproductive Gynecology Inc.
More Community News
- Minus kitchen, shelter will feed residents
- Revere students schooled on financial literacy
- Travel expenses spur Akron City Council discussion
- Copley survey results to guide development
- West Side News & Notes
- Norton celebrates upgraded bond rating
- Four to seek vacant Norton City Council seat
- Sharon Post Office to host Passport Fair
- Council delays vote on repairs to downtown decks
- Peninsula Council honors resident
- Boston trustees discuss new speed limit law
- Council considers rezoning request on West Streetsboro Road
- Trustees OK agreement for Southern Road property
- Granger property owner addresses BZA ruling
- Police seeking help with burglaries
- Green Middle School assisting students in need
- Coventry district presents report on open enrollment
- Coventry closes door to new gaming establishments
- South Side News & Notes
- Even without kitchen, shelter will feed residents
Calendar of Events
- Teen Advisory Board - 2/21/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 2/22/2017
- “Saturday Night Fever — The Musical” - 2/22/2017
- Hydration in Older Adults - 2/22/2017
- Meet Me in the Garden - 2/22/2017