Summa’s new app helps moms, babies stay healthy
|Photo courtesy of Summa Health System|
The free app, known as “Flourish-Women’s Resource App,” went live May 5 on iTunes and provides information for women on maternal health, proper nutrition, breastfeeding, bonding with baby, proper use of a pacifier, bringing baby home and more. The interactive dialogues are designed to let women learn at their own pace, as well as to help create behavior change.
The app can be accessed through both smartphones and tablets and can be downloaded for free through both iTunes and Android stores.
The Summa Foundation Circle is comprised of a network of women leaders who share a philanthropic vision for improving the overall health and well-being of women in the community. The founding chairs are Dr. Vivian von Gruenigen, chair of the Summa Women’s Health Institute, and Julia Rea Bianchi, Summa Foundation Board member.
Shown above, from left, are Jo Dangel, of Summa Health System; Karen Dulaney, of JP Morgan; Nancy Myers, of Summa Health System; Denise Wells, community philanthropist; Phylis Ferrara, of Summa; Ginger Marchetta, community philanthropist; von Gruenigen; Mary Kay Chlebina, community philanthropist; and Dr. Priya Maseelall, of Reproductive Gynecology Inc.
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
- New Springfield superintendent named
- Communities gearing up for Rock the Docks
- New Franklin charter changes headed to ballot
- Community event planned at East Liberty Park
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Wingfoot One selected as new blimp name
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Windows 8 - 7/29/2014
- Pilates - 7/30/2014
- Intercourse the Collective - 7/30/2014
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014
- Works by Portage Path Community Learning Center art students - 7/31/2014