Summa’s new app helps moms, babies stay healthy
|Photo courtesy of Summa Health System|
The free app, known as “Flourish-Women’s Resource App,” went live May 5 on iTunes and provides information for women on maternal health, proper nutrition, breastfeeding, bonding with baby, proper use of a pacifier, bringing baby home and more. The interactive dialogues are designed to let women learn at their own pace, as well as to help create behavior change.
The app can be accessed through both smartphones and tablets and can be downloaded for free through both iTunes and Android stores.
The Summa Foundation Circle is comprised of a network of women leaders who share a philanthropic vision for improving the overall health and well-being of women in the community. The founding chairs are Dr. Vivian von Gruenigen, chair of the Summa Women’s Health Institute, and Julia Rea Bianchi, Summa Foundation Board member.
Shown above, from left, are Jo Dangel, of Summa Health System; Karen Dulaney, of JP Morgan; Nancy Myers, of Summa Health System; Denise Wells, community philanthropist; Phylis Ferrara, of Summa; Ginger Marchetta, community philanthropist; von Gruenigen; Mary Kay Chlebina, community philanthropist; and Dr. Priya Maseelall, of Reproductive Gynecology Inc.
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
Calendar of Events
- Play and Stay Friday - 1/20/2017
- 11th Annual Chili Challenge to benefit Akron Children’s Hospital’s Burn Unit - 1/20/2017
- Silly Fridays: Create Your Own Crystal Garden - 1/20/2017
- Homeschoolers: The Power of Poison: ages 11-14 - 1/20/2017
- Puppet Show: Mindy Mouse Finds a Flower - 1/21/2017