Richfield parade, services salute Memorial Day
A morning service first took place at Fairview Cemetery. A parade followed, beginning at the Richfield Historical Society and ending at West Richfield Cemetery, where another service took place with speaker Mike Stith, from the Veterans Service Commission.
The services and parade were presented by AMVETS Post No. 176, according to event officials.
Local police, fire, Scout and Masons organizations took part in the day’s events, as well as the AMVETS Honor/Color Guard.
Shown below is one of the many organizations that took part in the parade, along with Cub Scouts from Pack No. 3387, who are shown at right handing out flags to attendees.
Shown at top is bagpiper Linda Regnaudin performing “Amazing Grace.”
Shown above right are Alyson Morris and Dan McCallister laying a wreath at the service.
In addition, the Bath-Richfield Kiwanis hosted a pancake and sausage breakfast May 26-27 at the Masonic Hall.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
- New Springfield superintendent named
- Communities gearing up for Rock the Docks
- New Franklin charter changes headed to ballot
- Community event planned at East Liberty Park
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Wingfoot One selected as new blimp name
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Summertime Card Party - 7/25/2014
- Voices in the Valley: Jim Gill - 7/25/2014
- Wine Tasting and Silent Auction - 7/25/2014
- Tony Rio - 7/25/2014
- A New Adventure - 7/26/2014