Richfield parade, services salute Memorial Day
A morning service first took place at Fairview Cemetery. A parade followed, beginning at the Richfield Historical Society and ending at West Richfield Cemetery, where another service took place with speaker Mike Stith, from the Veterans Service Commission.
The services and parade were presented by AMVETS Post No. 176, according to event officials.
Local police, fire, Scout and Masons organizations took part in the day’s events, as well as the AMVETS Honor/Color Guard.
Shown below is one of the many organizations that took part in the parade, along with Cub Scouts from Pack No. 3387, who are shown at right handing out flags to attendees.
Shown at top is bagpiper Linda Regnaudin performing “Amazing Grace.”
Shown above right are Alyson Morris and Dan McCallister laying a wreath at the service.
In addition, the Bath-Richfield Kiwanis hosted a pancake and sausage breakfast May 26-27 at the Masonic Hall.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Kayaks take plunge in Falls
- Council OKs Akron residential tax plan
- E-poll books may update voting process in county
- Inside|Out art spreads to Copley, West Akron
- Breaux promotes positive attitude on bench
- West Side News & Notes
- Love Akron Network Awards Breakfast focusing on civility
- Summit County officials train for emergencies
- Norton bans medical marijuana operations in city
- Humane Society has new Mobile Adoption Center
- Falls receives grant for preserve project
- Falls breaks ground for downtown revitalization
- City offering electronics recycling
- Falls cleanup May 1-12
- Trustees holding public hearings on fee
- Richfield approves resolutions on autism, intolerance
- Granger officials hear update on proposed conservancy district
- Kiwanis creates baskets for women’s shelter
- MCBDD suggests early detection key for autism
- Touch-A-Truck event offering close-up view
- Council hears schoolhouse recommendation
- Springfield dedicates new playground, trail
- Coventry BOE seeking fiscal emergency release
- New Franklin Council absences delay adoption of legislation
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Choral Concert - 4/28/2017
- Astronomy Club of Akron: Daniel Rothstein on The Four Red Shifts - 4/28/2017
- Bluebell Valley Hike - 4/28/2017
- Rape Crisis Center of Medina & Summit Counties Walk of Heroes - 4/28/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 4/29/2017