Richfield parade, services salute Memorial Day
A morning service first took place at Fairview Cemetery. A parade followed, beginning at the Richfield Historical Society and ending at West Richfield Cemetery, where another service took place with speaker Mike Stith, from the Veterans Service Commission.
The services and parade were presented by AMVETS Post No. 176, according to event officials.
Local police, fire, Scout and Masons organizations took part in the day’s events, as well as the AMVETS Honor/Color Guard.
Shown below is one of the many organizations that took part in the parade, along with Cub Scouts from Pack No. 3387, who are shown at right handing out flags to attendees.
Shown at top is bagpiper Linda Regnaudin performing “Amazing Grace.”
Shown above right are Alyson Morris and Dan McCallister laying a wreath at the service.
In addition, the Bath-Richfield Kiwanis hosted a pancake and sausage breakfast May 26-27 at the Masonic Hall.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- RNC delegates expected to stay in area
- New Firestone/Litchfield CLC nearing completion
- Akron Council hears juvenile court program info
- County Council gets health report from SCPH
- West Side News & Notes
- Towpath bridge investigation continues
- Falls Council honors student for generosity
- Norton Council discusses public health issues, sewer project
- Copley trustees move time of meetings
- Richfield Council considering agreement with Briarwood
- Richfield trustees thank out-going employee
- Granger officials respond to cemetery complaint
Calendar of Events
- Family Fishing - 4/29/2016
- University of Akron BassoonaRoo - 4/29/2016
- Walk a Mile in Her Shoes to benefit the Rape Crisis Center - 4/29/2016
- Lil’ Sprouts: age 3 and up - 4/29/2016
- University of Akron Dance Company Spring Concert - 4/29/2016