Richfield parade, services salute Memorial Day
A morning service first took place at Fairview Cemetery. A parade followed, beginning at the Richfield Historical Society and ending at West Richfield Cemetery, where another service took place with speaker Mike Stith, from the Veterans Service Commission.
The services and parade were presented by AMVETS Post No. 176, according to event officials.
Local police, fire, Scout and Masons organizations took part in the day’s events, as well as the AMVETS Honor/Color Guard.
Shown below is one of the many organizations that took part in the parade, along with Cub Scouts from Pack No. 3387, who are shown at right handing out flags to attendees.
Shown at top is bagpiper Linda Regnaudin performing “Amazing Grace.”
Shown above right are Alyson Morris and Dan McCallister laying a wreath at the service.
In addition, the Bath-Richfield Kiwanis hosted a pancake and sausage breakfast May 26-27 at the Masonic Hall.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Health officials probe hospital TB exposure
- Richfield Village kicks off jubilee year
- Falls forms team to address opiate addiction
- Kurt continues as Clerk of Courts
- Early meetings don’t dissuade Copley Key Club members
- West Side News & Notes
- Boston trustees honor community members
- Impact Award winners honored
- Bath trustees request intersection study
- Shapiro takes oath of office
- Mature Services receives grant for program
Calendar of Events
- Play and Stay Friday - 1/20/2017
- 11th Annual Chili Challenge to benefit Akron Children’s Hospital’s Burn Unit - 1/20/2017
- Silly Fridays: Create Your Own Crystal Garden - 1/20/2017
- Homeschoolers: The Power of Poison: ages 11-14 - 1/20/2017
- Puppet Show: Mindy Mouse Finds a Flower - 1/21/2017