Richfield parade, services salute Memorial Day
A morning service first took place at Fairview Cemetery. A parade followed, beginning at the Richfield Historical Society and ending at West Richfield Cemetery, where another service took place with speaker Mike Stith, from the Veterans Service Commission.
The services and parade were presented by AMVETS Post No. 176, according to event officials.
Local police, fire, Scout and Masons organizations took part in the day’s events, as well as the AMVETS Honor/Color Guard.
Shown below is one of the many organizations that took part in the parade, along with Cub Scouts from Pack No. 3387, who are shown at right handing out flags to attendees.
Shown at top is bagpiper Linda Regnaudin performing “Amazing Grace.”
Shown above right are Alyson Morris and Dan McCallister laying a wreath at the service.
In addition, the Bath-Richfield Kiwanis hosted a pancake and sausage breakfast May 26-27 at the Masonic Hall.
— By Kathleen Collins
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- County notes success of Gay Games
- Copley fathers, sons hike Grand Canyon rim to rim
- Fairlawn updating rental, housing code
- Church offering English as second language classes
- Medina County hiking program begins Sept. 1
- Bath board approves road improvements, trail construction
- Boston officials discuss new safety measures
- Sharon Fire adding new shift
- Red Cross names interim chapter executive
- JLA accepts grant for Kids in the Kitchen project
- West Side News & Notes
- Coventry to further fund flood mitigation
- Local man ‘model’ citizen with building hobby
- County Council notes success of Gay Games
- Cottage Grove School set for demolition
- Kick for The Cure benefiting Camp Quality, hospice
- Springfield trustees seeking to reduce water/sewer bills further
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 8/27/2014
- Tai Chi for those touched by cancer - 8/27/2014
- Pilates - 8/27/2014
- “Divergent” - 8/28/2014
- 11th Annual Juried Fiber Arts Show - 8/29/2014