Peninsula Council OKs pay rate for auxiliary officers working checkpoints
Peninsula Village Council waived the three-reading rule to pass an ordinance establishing a $25 per hour pay rate for auxiliary officers working DUI checkpoints.
Fiscal Officer John Stiegel said Council approved the ordinance, which set pay for officers who work checkpoints run a couple of times per year by the Summit County Sheriff’s Office, at the June 9 meeting. The village is reimbursed for the payroll expenditures, according to the ordinance.
Council also approved renewing village insurance polices with Wichert Insurance with a 5 percent increase and discussed renewal of the village dispatch contract with Richfield Village, Stiegel said. The city of Cuyahoga Falls also has submitted a proposal for the dispatch contract, Stiegel said.
A public hearing on a proposed zoning variance for an accessory building at 2474 Main St. will take place today, June 12, at 7 p.m. at the Village Hall. The petitioner has requested a variance in height from 15 to 18 feet and a variance in the regulation requiring accessory buildings be placed behind the main building on a parcel, according to Zoning Inspector Rebecca Garner.
Council’s next meeting is set for July 14 at 7 p.m. in the second-floor Council room at the Peninsula Village Hall, 1592 Main St.
More Community News
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Richfield celebrating Community Day events Aug. 7-9
- West Side News & Notes
- Confusion follows Falls Council’s charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
- Area diaper collection a success
Calendar of Events
- Drop-In Nature Crafts for All Ages - 7/30/2015
- Plein Air Exhibition - 7/30/2015
- “Jupiter Ascending” - 7/30/2015
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 7/30/2015
- Mostly Blues Band with Peggy Coyle - 7/30/2015