Peninsula Council OKs pay rate for auxiliary officers working checkpoints
Peninsula Village Council waived the three-reading rule to pass an ordinance establishing a $25 per hour pay rate for auxiliary officers working DUI checkpoints.
Fiscal Officer John Stiegel said Council approved the ordinance, which set pay for officers who work checkpoints run a couple of times per year by the Summit County Sheriff’s Office, at the June 9 meeting. The village is reimbursed for the payroll expenditures, according to the ordinance.
Council also approved renewing village insurance polices with Wichert Insurance with a 5 percent increase and discussed renewal of the village dispatch contract with Richfield Village, Stiegel said. The city of Cuyahoga Falls also has submitted a proposal for the dispatch contract, Stiegel said.
A public hearing on a proposed zoning variance for an accessory building at 2474 Main St. will take place today, June 12, at 7 p.m. at the Village Hall. The petitioner has requested a variance in height from 15 to 18 feet and a variance in the regulation requiring accessory buildings be placed behind the main building on a parcel, according to Zoning Inspector Rebecca Garner.
Council’s next meeting is set for July 14 at 7 p.m. in the second-floor Council room at the Peninsula Village Hall, 1592 Main St.
More Community News
- Health officials turn attention to flu
- Vet Art Project promotes healing through shared stories
- Retired Norton police chief looks back on career
- Akron City Council commends Amber Vinson
- Preservation Alliance celebrating 30 years
- County planning Boston Mills Road improvements
- Natatorium’s deficit lessens in Falls
- Trustees discuss potential change in JEDD tax collection
- Cost will determine sewer system type in Norton
- Granger trustees approve work on Fire Station parking lot
- Richfield Village Council approves new cemetery fees
- Local Boy Scout earns Eagle rank with patio build
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014