Peninsula Council OKs pay rate for auxiliary officers working checkpoints
Peninsula Village Council waived the three-reading rule to pass an ordinance establishing a $25 per hour pay rate for auxiliary officers working DUI checkpoints.
Fiscal Officer John Stiegel said Council approved the ordinance, which set pay for officers who work checkpoints run a couple of times per year by the Summit County Sheriff’s Office, at the June 9 meeting. The village is reimbursed for the payroll expenditures, according to the ordinance.
Council also approved renewing village insurance polices with Wichert Insurance with a 5 percent increase and discussed renewal of the village dispatch contract with Richfield Village, Stiegel said. The city of Cuyahoga Falls also has submitted a proposal for the dispatch contract, Stiegel said.
A public hearing on a proposed zoning variance for an accessory building at 2474 Main St. will take place today, June 12, at 7 p.m. at the Village Hall. The petitioner has requested a variance in height from 15 to 18 feet and a variance in the regulation requiring accessory buildings be placed behind the main building on a parcel, according to Zoning Inspector Rebecca Garner.
Council’s next meeting is set for July 14 at 7 p.m. in the second-floor Council room at the Peninsula Village Hall, 1592 Main St.
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014