Peninsula Council OKs pay rate for auxiliary officers working checkpoints
Peninsula Village Council waived the three-reading rule to pass an ordinance establishing a $25 per hour pay rate for auxiliary officers working DUI checkpoints.
Fiscal Officer John Stiegel said Council approved the ordinance, which set pay for officers who work checkpoints run a couple of times per year by the Summit County Sheriff’s Office, at the June 9 meeting. The village is reimbursed for the payroll expenditures, according to the ordinance.
Council also approved renewing village insurance polices with Wichert Insurance with a 5 percent increase and discussed renewal of the village dispatch contract with Richfield Village, Stiegel said. The city of Cuyahoga Falls also has submitted a proposal for the dispatch contract, Stiegel said.
A public hearing on a proposed zoning variance for an accessory building at 2474 Main St. will take place today, June 12, at 7 p.m. at the Village Hall. The petitioner has requested a variance in height from 15 to 18 feet and a variance in the regulation requiring accessory buildings be placed behind the main building on a parcel, according to Zoning Inspector Rebecca Garner.
Council’s next meeting is set for July 14 at 7 p.m. in the second-floor Council room at the Peninsula Village Hall, 1592 Main St.
More Community News
- Moneypenny ready to take mayor’s seat
- Copley celebrates Memorial Day
- Founders’ Day will mark AA’s 80th year
- Shy shares credit for park district successes
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley asks Ohio Supreme Court to hear Rothrock appeal
- Historic designation sought for Keyser property
- Copley trustees approve building replacement
- Richfield police chief warns residents about burglars
- Richfield trustees discuss Crowell Hilaka property use
- Council reviews rebids for Central Park
- Green celebrates Memorial Day
- New Franklin sinks idea for Tudor House dock
- Green assistant fire chief retiring
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 5/30/2015
- Yoga for Kids: ages 6-10 - 5/30/2015
- Archery Games for Kids: ages 9-12 - 5/30/2015
- Warm and Hot in Peninsula - 5/30/2015
- Doo Wop Legends in Concert - 5/30/2015