Peninsula Council OKs pay rate for auxiliary officers working checkpoints
Peninsula Village Council waived the three-reading rule to pass an ordinance establishing a $25 per hour pay rate for auxiliary officers working DUI checkpoints.
Fiscal Officer John Stiegel said Council approved the ordinance, which set pay for officers who work checkpoints run a couple of times per year by the Summit County Sheriff’s Office, at the June 9 meeting. The village is reimbursed for the payroll expenditures, according to the ordinance.
Council also approved renewing village insurance polices with Wichert Insurance with a 5 percent increase and discussed renewal of the village dispatch contract with Richfield Village, Stiegel said. The city of Cuyahoga Falls also has submitted a proposal for the dispatch contract, Stiegel said.
A public hearing on a proposed zoning variance for an accessory building at 2474 Main St. will take place today, June 12, at 7 p.m. at the Village Hall. The petitioner has requested a variance in height from 15 to 18 feet and a variance in the regulation requiring accessory buildings be placed behind the main building on a parcel, according to Zoning Inspector Rebecca Garner.
Council’s next meeting is set for July 14 at 7 p.m. in the second-floor Council room at the Peninsula Village Hall, 1592 Main St.
More Community News
- Portage Crossing coming to life
- Glowing lights shine at Holiday Tree Festival
- Norton police chief sworn in
- Akron addressing daytime burglaries
- Wanted: Holiday volunteers
- Council supports grant application for Richfield site
- Skaters, hockey players to benefit from plow purchase
- Richfield reviewing proposed guidelines for historic district
- Richfield trustees review proposals for police, fire contracts
- Granger trustees agree Brenelle Lane should not be terminated
- Turkeys common in Metro Parks
- West Side News & Notes
- Residents want safer Myersville Road
- Coventry Fire helping those in need
- New Franklin officials address increasing revenue
- Council supports grant application for Coventry bog
- Akron Council committee supports Safe Routes to School plan
- ‘Light up a Life’ benefits Hospice of VNS
- Akron Children’s Pediatrics in Green moves
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- History Hike - 11/28/2014
- After Thanksgiving Hike - 11/28/2014
- Brent Kirby and His Luck with Rebecca Wohlever - 11/28/2014
- Akron Metro Parks Hiking Club - 11/28/2014
- A New Adventure - 11/29/2014