Sheriff’s Office retires flags
The Sheriff’s Office Color Guard, Mounted Unit, K-9 and Motorcycle units, along with the Group III Civil Air Patrol Squadron and various military groups, participated in the event. Retired U.S. Air Force Lt. Col. Robert Capes, of Cuyahoga Falls, was the keynote speaker. The public also was invited to attend.
Shown at right, from left, Cpl. Bryan Campbell and 1st Sgt. Christopher Gasser, of Weapons Company 3rd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment, from Brook Park, lower an old flag at the Training Center in preparation for the retirement ceremony.
Shown below are a pile of flags awaiting retirement during the ceremony.
According to federal law, when a flag is no longer fit for display, it should be retired in a dignified manner, preferably by burning, as shown at top at the retirement ceremony.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Dick Cooper Holiday Concert - 12/5/2016
- Cuyahoga Falls Community Band and Chorus Holiday Concert: - 12/5/2016
- Elf on a Shelf - 12/5/2016
- Cardio Hike - 12/5/2016
- “Spring Awakening” - 12/6/2016