Council OKs engineering for sewer design
Norton City Council in a special June 16 meeting approved an agreement with Environmental Design Group to design a vacuum sewer system for Nash Heights.
Council Clerk Karla Richards said the ordinance, on fourth reading, was adopted 7-0 by Council. The agreement is for engineering services for Nash Heights East and Nash Heights West. The services are not to exceed $174,760, according to Council documents.
The vote followed a 50-minute presentation on vacuum sewers by AIRVAC Vacuum Sewers during a Council work session, Richards said. She said residents in attendance asked many questions.
During the committee meeting, Council members agreed to place the first reading of legislation requesting the vacation of Kingston Avenue on the agenda for Council’s next meeting. A public hearing on the matter will be held July 14 at 7:15 p.m., Richards said. Kingston Avenue is an unimproved street whose vacation was requested by two residents who live along it, Richards said.
Council also agreed to place on the next meeting’s agenda a first reading of legislation appointing Valerie Wax Carr to the position of administrative officer, Richards said. Carr was hired as interim administrative officer in February. As the permanent administrator, she would be paid $67,993 annually, according to the ordinance. During its discussion, Council removed an emergency clause from the legislation, Richards said.
Council also discussed, during its work session, the abolition of its standing three-person committees in favor of referring all matters to its committee-of-the-whole, Richards said.
Council will meet in regular session June 23 at 7 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Safety-Administration Building, 4060 Columbia Woods Drive.
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office talks policing contract, sales tax with Coventry
- Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
- Green Council denies zoning for apartment complex
- New Franklin Council OKs lawsuit settlement
- County Council gives partial support to Breaking Addiction Act
- Spring Hill gets new playground
- ACF, city join to award grants for local neighborhoods
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014