Council OKs engineering for sewer design
Norton City Council in a special June 16 meeting approved an agreement with Environmental Design Group to design a vacuum sewer system for Nash Heights.
Council Clerk Karla Richards said the ordinance, on fourth reading, was adopted 7-0 by Council. The agreement is for engineering services for Nash Heights East and Nash Heights West. The services are not to exceed $174,760, according to Council documents.
The vote followed a 50-minute presentation on vacuum sewers by AIRVAC Vacuum Sewers during a Council work session, Richards said. She said residents in attendance asked many questions.
During the committee meeting, Council members agreed to place the first reading of legislation requesting the vacation of Kingston Avenue on the agenda for Council’s next meeting. A public hearing on the matter will be held July 14 at 7:15 p.m., Richards said. Kingston Avenue is an unimproved street whose vacation was requested by two residents who live along it, Richards said.
Council also agreed to place on the next meeting’s agenda a first reading of legislation appointing Valerie Wax Carr to the position of administrative officer, Richards said. Carr was hired as interim administrative officer in February. As the permanent administrator, she would be paid $67,993 annually, according to the ordinance. During its discussion, Council removed an emergency clause from the legislation, Richards said.
Council also discussed, during its work session, the abolition of its standing three-person committees in favor of referring all matters to its committee-of-the-whole, Richards said.
Council will meet in regular session June 23 at 7 p.m. in Council Chambers at the Safety-Administration Building, 4060 Columbia Woods Drive.
More Community News
- Akron Council raises campaign limits
- Animals in need find home at Forever Amber Acres
- Mustard Seed eyes May opening in Highland Square
- Reentry Network offers safety net for parolees
- West Side News & Notes
- Celebrate with religious sights, sounds
- Reentry Network announces 2015 programs
- Cub Scouts participate in ‘Operation Smile’
- Fairlawn officials remember former Council member
- OWRC installs 2015 officers
- Bath trustees reject fact-finder’s report
- Boston officials discuss new tax collection agency
- Sharon trustees revisit resurfacing agreement
- Hattie Larlham gets early Christmas gift
- Norton officers take part in Shop with a Cop
- Norton food drive to help families
- Lakemore Council bids farewell to solicitor
- Santas spreading holiday cheer with Kiwanis events
- Coventry still mulling Sheriff’s Office contract
- Coventry superintendent tackling negativity
- Green students give back to community
- Springfield trustees approve zoning change
- Akron raises campaign limits, OKs body camera trial
- Manchester senior earns Eagle Scout rank
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Crooked River Walk - 12/21/2014
- “A Christmas Carol” - 12/21/2014
- Winter White Out - 12/21/2014
- Puppet Show: Holiday Happenings - 12/21/2014
- Johnny and the Apple Stompers and Ed Caner - 12/21/2014