Bath trustees extend contract with trash hauler
At the June 16 Bath Board of Trustees meeting, trustees voted 2-0 in favor of accepting a contract extension with Rumpke for two years, from July 1 through June 30, 2016.
Trustee Elaina Goodrich was not present at the meeting.
Rumpke provides trash and recycling services to the township.
According to Zoning Inspector William Funk, the new contract includes slight price increases for all services, but Rumpke still offers the best price for their service.
According to township officials, the new prices include: regular curb: $48.60, an increase of $1.20; senior curb: $41.10, an increase of 95 cents; garage: $92.70, an increase of $1.90; and senior garage: $76.95, an increase of $1.65. All prices are quarterly.
Funk said Rumpke will offer customers up to two recycling bins free of charge, and if more are needed residents can purchase them from any home improvement store and as long as they are clearly marked, Rumpke will pick them up along with all other recycling.
Funk also said the Simple Recycling program is going well. According to Funk, 4,016 pounds of textiles were collected May 19-31. More information about the Simple Recycling program can be found on the township website at www.bathtownship.org.
Also during the meeting, trustees:
- agreed to sign the mutual-aid agreement for the exchange of EMS and/or firefighting apparatus and equipment. This agreement allows participating communities in Summit and Medina counties to share extra resources as needed;
- agreed to pay Cavanaugh Building Corp. for the emergency repair of the Ranchwood Drive and Oak Hill Road crossover culvert area in the amount of $12,300 and for the repair of the culvert and road at the Bath Community Activity Center in the amount of $12,800; and Ray Bertolini Trucking Co. for emergency repair of Lois Drive and Bonnebrook Road (east side) crossover culvert areas in the amount of $9,800. All of the repairs are related to the May 12 storm;
- agreed to pay Mecon Inc. for the cooling tower replacement at the Bath Administration Building in the amount of $73,108;
- agreed to sell various items on www.govdeals.com through July 1. Fiscal Officer Sharon Troike noted these items are left over from the public auction held last month;
- agreed to schedule a public hearing for the 2015 budget for July 7 at 10 a.m.;
- approved the reappointment of Paula Dubaniewicz and Monica Bunner to the Bath Township Appearance Review Commission; Linda Hastings and David Landis to the Board of Zoning Appeals; and Scott Meyer and Melanie Baker to the Zoning Commission. Trustees are still looking for more interested individuals to serve on all zoning boards, said Trustee Becky Corbett; and
- noted the Bath Fire Department Horse Show will take place June 28-29 and encouraged residents to participate in the event.
Troike also noted she is still requesting letters of interest and résumés from individuals interested in serving on the External Audit Committee.
The board’s next meeting will be July 7 at 7 p.m. in the trustees’ meeting room of the Bath Administration Building, located at 3864 W. Bath Road.
More Community News
- Mock crash reminds students of risks
- Akron rolls out medical marijuana plan
- Akron Council, BOE delve into issues
- Author ties together causes of opiate epidemic
- Yellow Creek watershed advocates move forward
- West Side News & Notes
- Area Girl Scouts take part in World Thinking Day
- LeBron James announces plan for new Akron school
- Summit first autism-friendly county in Ohio
- Boston BZA fees going up
- BCF launches fundraiser
- Council chambers receives electronic upgrades
- Bath trustees authorize new parking lot design
- Library levy before Medina County voters
- Sharon officials discuss spring projects
- Bright ‘Roland’ back at library
- Venturing Crew clears trail preserve
- Lakemore gearing up for police department
- Author ties together causes of opiate problem
- Coventry Schools levy renewal ‘crucial’ for district
- Township officials addressing opiate epidemic
- Coventry fire department utilizing grant money
- South Side News & Notes
- Springfield trustees move to demolish garage
Calendar of Events
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 4/24/2017
- The Art of Journaling; Men Facing Grief Support Group - 4/24/2017
- Fiction Book Club: “Truly Madly Guilty” - 4/25/2017
- Yoga for Homeschoolers: ages 8-12 - 4/25/2017
- PiYo with Morgan Webb - 4/25/2017