GriefCare Place offers bereavement camp
|Photo courtesy of The GriefCare Place|
Participants in the three-day camp will explore feelings, memories and ways to cope with the hurts and challenges that the death has brought. Tools will be given to express grief and ease the pain in everyday life. Activities, art, books, play and therapy dogs will be incorporated into the program.
Shown above are children at a previous camp.
Leading the team that will facilitate this camp is Mike Johnson, MA.Ed., LPCC, a therapist with Shelter Care. A special introductory session will be held the first day for adults who bring the children and care for them during all the adjustments. Nancy Carst, L.I.S.W. C.T., a bereavement specialist from Akron Children’s Hospital, will focus this time on how to help the children.
Heart-to-Heart Boot Camp will take place June 30, July 1 and July 2 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Adell Durbin Park, 3300 Darrow Road. The Millennium Fund of Akron Community Foundation provided partial funding for this camp, allowing participants to attend free.
For information and registration, contact The GriefCare Place at 330-686-1750 or visit www.thegriefcareplace.org.
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Civil War Talk: General Sheridan - 10/20/2014
- Akron History Hike: Old Stone School - 10/20/2014
- Amazing World of Bats - 10/21/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014