GriefCare Place offers bereavement camp
|Photo courtesy of The GriefCare Place|
Participants in the three-day camp will explore feelings, memories and ways to cope with the hurts and challenges that the death has brought. Tools will be given to express grief and ease the pain in everyday life. Activities, art, books, play and therapy dogs will be incorporated into the program.
Shown above are children at a previous camp.
Leading the team that will facilitate this camp is Mike Johnson, MA.Ed., LPCC, a therapist with Shelter Care. A special introductory session will be held the first day for adults who bring the children and care for them during all the adjustments. Nancy Carst, L.I.S.W. C.T., a bereavement specialist from Akron Children’s Hospital, will focus this time on how to help the children.
Heart-to-Heart Boot Camp will take place June 30, July 1 and July 2 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Adell Durbin Park, 3300 Darrow Road. The Millennium Fund of Akron Community Foundation provided partial funding for this camp, allowing participants to attend free.
For information and registration, contact The GriefCare Place at 330-686-1750 or visit www.thegriefcareplace.org.
More Community News
- Council OKs $450 million capital budget
- Chili Open golfers warm up for spring
- Summit County Council welcomes Walters
- Aggregation, personnel on Akron ballots
- Roundtable staying true to mission
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley Boy Scout troop celebrating 60 years
- Two Fairlawn Fire officers promoted during Council meeting
- Norton continues discussion of Nash Heights project
- Copley trustees approve funds for road repairs
- Falls addressing issues at Broad Boulevard railroad crossing
- Richfield Village celebrating 50th anniversary next year
- Richfield trustees get update on antidrug programs
- Granger trustees approve budget for 2016
Calendar of Events
- “Vagina Monologues” - 2/12/2016
- Gerald Albright - 2/12/2016
- Kinderealm: Snow: for ages 3-6 - 2/12/2016
- Boy Scout Troop 382 Fish Fry - 2/12/2016
- Exploring the Night Skies - 2/12/2016