GriefCare Place offers bereavement camp
|Photo courtesy of The GriefCare Place|
Participants in the three-day camp will explore feelings, memories and ways to cope with the hurts and challenges that the death has brought. Tools will be given to express grief and ease the pain in everyday life. Activities, art, books, play and therapy dogs will be incorporated into the program.
Shown above are children at a previous camp.
Leading the team that will facilitate this camp is Mike Johnson, MA.Ed., LPCC, a therapist with Shelter Care. A special introductory session will be held the first day for adults who bring the children and care for them during all the adjustments. Nancy Carst, L.I.S.W. C.T., a bereavement specialist from Akron Children’s Hospital, will focus this time on how to help the children.
Heart-to-Heart Boot Camp will take place June 30, July 1 and July 2 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Adell Durbin Park, 3300 Darrow Road. The Millennium Fund of Akron Community Foundation provided partial funding for this camp, allowing participants to attend free.
For information and registration, contact The GriefCare Place at 330-686-1750 or visit www.thegriefcareplace.org.
More Community News
- West Hill cell tower gets reluctant approval
- 93 Cents for Flight 93 to create mobile museum
- Fairlawn Council votes down two proposed charter changes
- Iraq War vet climbs to raise awareness about suicide
- West Side News & Notes
- Norton Girl Scouts help homeless students
- County moving forward on traffic study
- Bath trustees reject fact-finding report regarding IAFF
- Boston trustees address issues with salt for winter
- Sharon officials discuss proposed annexation of property
- Springfield considering trash aggregation
- Seniors dig improvements
- Lakemore seeks funds for lakefront playground
- Springfield district rededicates plaques
- RNC volunteers sought for Akron
- South Side News & Notes
- Animals die in fire at Springfield pet care business
- County looking to provide IT services to others
- Coventry trustees grant homeowner chance to repair home
- Akron plans to raise EMS fees
- Sibshop focused on siblings of special needs children
Calendar of Events
- Meet Me in the Garden: Succulent Wreath - 5/25/2016
- A Night at the Museum: Real Women. Real Talk - 5/25/2016
- Summer Volunteer Orientation: ages 11-18 - 5/25/2016
- Paws for Reading with Therapy Dogs Pepper and Rocky - 5/26/2016
- Metro Parks Family Tree: Seiberling Family - 5/26/2016