GriefCare Place offers bereavement camp
|Photo courtesy of The GriefCare Place|
Participants in the three-day camp will explore feelings, memories and ways to cope with the hurts and challenges that the death has brought. Tools will be given to express grief and ease the pain in everyday life. Activities, art, books, play and therapy dogs will be incorporated into the program.
Shown above are children at a previous camp.
Leading the team that will facilitate this camp is Mike Johnson, MA.Ed., LPCC, a therapist with Shelter Care. A special introductory session will be held the first day for adults who bring the children and care for them during all the adjustments. Nancy Carst, L.I.S.W. C.T., a bereavement specialist from Akron Children’s Hospital, will focus this time on how to help the children.
Heart-to-Heart Boot Camp will take place June 30, July 1 and July 2 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Adell Durbin Park, 3300 Darrow Road. The Millennium Fund of Akron Community Foundation provided partial funding for this camp, allowing participants to attend free.
For information and registration, contact The GriefCare Place at 330-686-1750 or visit www.thegriefcareplace.org.
More Community News
- Mock crash reminds students of risks
- Akron rolls out medical marijuana plan
- Akron Council, BOE delve into issues
- Author ties together causes of opiate epidemic
- Yellow Creek watershed advocates move forward
- West Side News & Notes
- Area Girl Scouts take part in World Thinking Day
- LeBron James announces plan for new Akron school
- Summit first autism-friendly county in Ohio
- Boston BZA fees going up
- BCF launches fundraiser
- Council chambers receives electronic upgrades
- Bath trustees authorize new parking lot design
- Library levy before Medina County voters
- Sharon officials discuss spring projects
- Bright ‘Roland’ back at library
- Venturing Crew clears trail preserve
- Lakemore gearing up for police department
- Author ties together causes of opiate problem
- Coventry Schools levy renewal ‘crucial’ for district
- Township officials addressing opiate epidemic
- Coventry fire department utilizing grant money
- South Side News & Notes
- Springfield trustees move to demolish garage
Calendar of Events
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 4/24/2017
- The Art of Journaling; Men Facing Grief Support Group - 4/24/2017
- Fiction Book Club: “Truly Madly Guilty” - 4/25/2017
- Yoga for Homeschoolers: ages 8-12 - 4/25/2017
- PiYo with Morgan Webb - 4/25/2017