GriefCare Place offers bereavement camp
|Photo courtesy of The GriefCare Place|
Participants in the three-day camp will explore feelings, memories and ways to cope with the hurts and challenges that the death has brought. Tools will be given to express grief and ease the pain in everyday life. Activities, art, books, play and therapy dogs will be incorporated into the program.
Shown above are children at a previous camp.
Leading the team that will facilitate this camp is Mike Johnson, MA.Ed., LPCC, a therapist with Shelter Care. A special introductory session will be held the first day for adults who bring the children and care for them during all the adjustments. Nancy Carst, L.I.S.W. C.T., a bereavement specialist from Akron Children’s Hospital, will focus this time on how to help the children.
Heart-to-Heart Boot Camp will take place June 30, July 1 and July 2 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Adell Durbin Park, 3300 Darrow Road. The Millennium Fund of Akron Community Foundation provided partial funding for this camp, allowing participants to attend free.
For information and registration, contact The GriefCare Place at 330-686-1750 or visit www.thegriefcareplace.org.
More Community News
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Richfield celebrating Community Day events Aug. 7-9
- West Side News & Notes
- Confusion follows Falls Council’s charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
- Area diaper collection a success
Calendar of Events
- Drop-In Nature Crafts for All Ages - 7/30/2015
- Plein Air Exhibition - 7/30/2015
- “Jupiter Ascending” - 7/30/2015
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 7/30/2015
- Mostly Blues Band with Peggy Coyle - 7/30/2015