Relay For Life raises funds to fight cancer
Co-chair Jennifer Jesser-Ringer, of Green, said the event was expected to raise close to $30,000 for the American Cancer Society, which supports research, patient services, early detection, treatment and education.
“We are so grateful for our great City of Green, community members and local businesses who gave so much of their time and donated to the event,” said Jesser-Ringer, who co-chaired the event with Kelly Barber, of Springfield. The two are shown at right top, from left.
Opening ceremonies June 13 included guest speakers Norton resident Chrissi Bolin, a cancer survivor who was part of the Giant Eagle Market District team and is pictured at right bottom, and Angela Bozik, of Cuyahoga Falls, whose 6-year-old son Ryan Encinas is a cancer survivor.
“They gave so much hope to those fighting cancer,” said Jesser-Ringer.
Participants in the survivors’ lap are shown at top.
The event this year also included a 5K Run and 1-mile fun walk, a Pizza War, with Guiseppe’s Pizza coming out the winner, and a silent auction.
Shown below looking at the silent auction items is New Franklin resident Evelyn Duve, co-captain of Team Nolley, of Nolley Elementary in New Franklin.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Krista Galloway
More Community News
- APS superintendent touts academy concept
- Polar Bear Jumpers take plunge for good
- Gas pump stickers protect against ‘skimming’
- Staying safe when selling online
- State Sen. Sykes focused on local needs
- West Side News & Notes
- Fairlawn going out for bid on concrete slab program
- Bath trustees expecting faster internet
- Trustees OK conditional use of barns as event centers
- Court honors Cacioppo, Davis
- Wadsworth judge presents Sharon trustees with yearly report
- Akron-Canton Foodbank welcomes new board members
Calendar of Events
- GriefCare Place - 2/23/2017
- Yoga for Babies and Tots - 2/23/2017
- Thrift Store Painting with Jen Davis - 2/23/2017
- Estate Planning - 2/23/2017
- Travelin’ Johnsons - 2/23/2017