Perkins Mansion readied for celebration
The painting project is helping to prepare the Perkins Mansion campus for the society’s 90th anniversary celebration July 12 from noon to 4 p.m., according KAB officials.
The volunteers, shown at top, used 40 gallons of paint and supplies donated by Sherwin-Williams to KAB for National Painting Week-Ohio, a project that enables organizations to renew a community structure, according to KAB officials.
Shown below, from left, are volunteers doing some priming work: retired employee Kenn Gilchrist on a ladder in the background and technical support specialists Jeri Hasanaj and Jessica Price on the ground. The crew used company utility trucks to help paint the home.
Other volunteers painted the interior of the Wash House, restoring it to its original period color.
In addition to painting, volunteers helped to spruce up the grounds. Pictured above right is FirstEnergy Information Technology Specialist Jason Stephens spreading mulch in the gardens at Perkins Mansion. The Wash House is the white structure pictured in the background.
For more information about the anniversary celebration, visit summithistory.org.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Council supports ‘Breaking Addiction Act’
- All’s fair at annual Summit County event
- Yellow Creek advocates explore conservancy idea
- Grandmother creates memorial for slain grandson
- Copley Heritage Day set for Aug. 2
- Falls Council continues to mull Menards deal
- Road construction begins on Hines Hill Road
- Granger Fire Department moving forward with grant proposal
- Sharon trustees approve fire levy for November ballot
- Medina County Fair offering variety of activities
- Akron Rotary inducts president
- Sno-cone sale benefits playground project
- West Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Voices in the Valley: The Womack Family Band - 8/1/2014
- Family Fun Night - 8/1/2014
- Social Bingo Days - 8/1/2014
- “Shout! The Mod Musical” - 8/2/2014
- RadiatriX with The Living and VON Isley - 8/2/2014