Perkins Mansion readied for celebration
The painting project is helping to prepare the Perkins Mansion campus for the society’s 90th anniversary celebration July 12 from noon to 4 p.m., according KAB officials.
The volunteers, shown at top, used 40 gallons of paint and supplies donated by Sherwin-Williams to KAB for National Painting Week-Ohio, a project that enables organizations to renew a community structure, according to KAB officials.
Shown below, from left, are volunteers doing some priming work: retired employee Kenn Gilchrist on a ladder in the background and technical support specialists Jeri Hasanaj and Jessica Price on the ground. The crew used company utility trucks to help paint the home.
Other volunteers painted the interior of the Wash House, restoring it to its original period color.
In addition to painting, volunteers helped to spruce up the grounds. Pictured above right is FirstEnergy Information Technology Specialist Jason Stephens spreading mulch in the gardens at Perkins Mansion. The Wash House is the white structure pictured in the background.
For more information about the anniversary celebration, visit summithistory.org.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- State Route 18 projects to begin in summer
- Copley’s Winterfest puts fun on ice
- APS exploring funds for waiting building projects
- Richfield Council delays water tower vote
- West Side News & Notes
- County Council committee chairs questioned
- Akron City Council evaluates capital budget
- Fairlawn mayor calls city’s financial condition ‘sound’
- Norton looking to sink sewer costs
- Falls Council reappoints member to library board
- Bath trustees approve sale of fire department vehicle
- Peninsula Council on third try makes quorum for meeting
- Copley exploring contract with single trash hauler
- Richfield trustees approve fire/EMS contract
- Granger trustees hear presentation on fire prevention
- County Council opposing pipeline
- Cub Scouts get creative for Chariot Races
- Coventry goes with reduced ballot issue
- Norton gives final State of the City address
- Council considers Tudor House addition
- Springfield trustees approve application for Spartan Trail
- Local blood drives
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 1/31/2015
- “The Vagina Monologues” - 1/31/2015
- Lunch and a Movie for Teens - 1/31/2015
- Comedy in the Cellar - 1/31/2015
- Billy Strings and Don Julin - 1/31/2015