Perkins Mansion readied for celebration
The painting project is helping to prepare the Perkins Mansion campus for the society’s 90th anniversary celebration July 12 from noon to 4 p.m., according KAB officials.
The volunteers, shown at top, used 40 gallons of paint and supplies donated by Sherwin-Williams to KAB for National Painting Week-Ohio, a project that enables organizations to renew a community structure, according to KAB officials.
Shown below, from left, are volunteers doing some priming work: retired employee Kenn Gilchrist on a ladder in the background and technical support specialists Jeri Hasanaj and Jessica Price on the ground. The crew used company utility trucks to help paint the home.
Other volunteers painted the interior of the Wash House, restoring it to its original period color.
In addition to painting, volunteers helped to spruce up the grounds. Pictured above right is FirstEnergy Information Technology Specialist Jason Stephens spreading mulch in the gardens at Perkins Mansion. The Wash House is the white structure pictured in the background.
For more information about the anniversary celebration, visit summithistory.org.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- City plans Rolling Acres demolition
- Hardesty Park event attracts art fans
- Area shines bright during RNC week
- Copley Heritage Days featuring food, music, fun
- Copley students focus on helping North Korean refugees
- West Side News & Notes
- Falls’ leadership responds to police station incident
- Richfield police thankful for support from residents
- Richfield trustees discuss noxious weed enforcement
- Copley trustees weigh police, fire station plans
- Granger fire chief updates trustees on department issues
Calendar of Events
- Downtown @ Dusk: Moustache Yourself - 7/28/2016
- Ryan Humbert - 7/28/2016
- Small Footprint: Upcycling - 7/28/2016
- Drop-In Nature Crafts - 7/28/2016
- “Kung Fu Panda 3” - 7/28/2016