Perkins Mansion readied for celebration
The painting project is helping to prepare the Perkins Mansion campus for the society’s 90th anniversary celebration July 12 from noon to 4 p.m., according KAB officials.
The volunteers, shown at top, used 40 gallons of paint and supplies donated by Sherwin-Williams to KAB for National Painting Week-Ohio, a project that enables organizations to renew a community structure, according to KAB officials.
Shown below, from left, are volunteers doing some priming work: retired employee Kenn Gilchrist on a ladder in the background and technical support specialists Jeri Hasanaj and Jessica Price on the ground. The crew used company utility trucks to help paint the home.
Other volunteers painted the interior of the Wash House, restoring it to its original period color.
In addition to painting, volunteers helped to spruce up the grounds. Pictured above right is FirstEnergy Information Technology Specialist Jason Stephens spreading mulch in the gardens at Perkins Mansion. The Wash House is the white structure pictured in the background.
For more information about the anniversary celebration, visit summithistory.org.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs retiree benefit changes
- Treats in store at Akron Zoo
- County seeing opiate epidemic effects on finances
- APS board hears financial forecast
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office dedicates K-9 memorial
- ‘King of the Falls’ receives recognition at Broad Boulevard
- Falls leaf program start delayed to Oct. 31
- Falls seeking Youth Advisory Council members
- Norton Council OKs energy efficiency improvements
- Montrose Avenue zoning request in Bath withdrawn
- Norton Council clerk collecting pajama donations
- Boy Scout builds birdhouses for area shelters
- Copley trustees purchase third parcel for ‘campus’
- KAB recognizes board member, volunteer
- Richfield Council considering expanding cemeteries
- Granger board hears complaints about after-hours park use
- Lead poisoning prevention push underway
- SCPH gets $2.9 million for Lead Hazard Control program
- County Adopt-A-Thon rehomes pets
- Green honors fire captain for state award
- Springfield district hosts Halloween event
Calendar of Events
- Art of Vijay Rastogi - 10/28/2016
- Twilight Hike and Campfire - 10/28/2016
- Tales for Tots: ages 3-6 - 10/28/2016
- Elvis Costello and the Imposters - 10/28/2016
- Ballroom Nights - 10/28/2016