Perkins Mansion readied for celebration
The painting project is helping to prepare the Perkins Mansion campus for the society’s 90th anniversary celebration July 12 from noon to 4 p.m., according KAB officials.
The volunteers, shown at top, used 40 gallons of paint and supplies donated by Sherwin-Williams to KAB for National Painting Week-Ohio, a project that enables organizations to renew a community structure, according to KAB officials.
Shown below, from left, are volunteers doing some priming work: retired employee Kenn Gilchrist on a ladder in the background and technical support specialists Jeri Hasanaj and Jessica Price on the ground. The crew used company utility trucks to help paint the home.
Other volunteers painted the interior of the Wash House, restoring it to its original period color.
In addition to painting, volunteers helped to spruce up the grounds. Pictured above right is FirstEnergy Information Technology Specialist Jason Stephens spreading mulch in the gardens at Perkins Mansion. The Wash House is the white structure pictured in the background.
For more information about the anniversary celebration, visit summithistory.org.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office talks policing contract, sales tax with Coventry
- Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
- Green Council denies zoning for apartment complex
- New Franklin Council OKs lawsuit settlement
- County Council gives partial support to Breaking Addiction Act
- Spring Hill gets new playground
- ACF, city join to award grants for local neighborhoods
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 9/10/2014
- Internet Genealogy - 9/13/2014