Fairlawn fireworks begin July Fourth celebrations
|Photos: Dale Dong|
The evening began with a concert by The Brass Band of the Western Reserve, followed by fireworks, shown at right top.
Among those at the event was Bath resident Norm Schmidt, who comes to the event annually dressed as Uncle Sam, shown at right bottom.
New to the event this year were food trucks, some of which are shown above, offering visitors a variety of fare.
Fairlawn’s celebration will continue tomorrow, July 4, at 6:30 p.m. with its annual Fourth of July Parade on West Market Street. The parade will begin from Fairlawn Town Centre and head west along West Market Street to the Dillard’s parking lot at Summit Mall.
Other Independence Day celebrations also are taking place throughout the area. For a listing of events, see “July 4 celebrations span full week” in the June 26, 2014, issue or visit the archives at www.akron.com.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Akron seeking help with ‘sensitive’ incidents
- King CLC opens to public
- Fire in Richfield destroys building, equipment
- Breaking Addiction Act gets partial support from Council
- APS focusing on digital needs, offerings
- Norton OKs fire truck purchase
- County ordinance may pave way for Copley flood relief
- Richfield trustees discuss recovery from recent fire
- Richfield Village assisting township with aid after fire
- Community input requested on land conservancy proposal
- Search for missing woman continues in CVNP
- West Side News & Notes
- Sheriff’s Office talks policing contract, sales tax with Coventry
- Community ‘quilt’ sculpture unveiled at art-A-palooza
- Green Council denies zoning for apartment complex
- New Franklin Council OKs lawsuit settlement
- County Council gives partial support to Breaking Addiction Act
- Spring Hill gets new playground
- ACF, city join to award grants for local neighborhoods
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014