Fairlawn fireworks begin July Fourth celebrations
|Photos: Dale Dong|
The evening began with a concert by The Brass Band of the Western Reserve, followed by fireworks, shown at right top.
Among those at the event was Bath resident Norm Schmidt, who comes to the event annually dressed as Uncle Sam, shown at right bottom.
New to the event this year were food trucks, some of which are shown above, offering visitors a variety of fare.
Fairlawn’s celebration will continue tomorrow, July 4, at 6:30 p.m. with its annual Fourth of July Parade on West Market Street. The parade will begin from Fairlawn Town Centre and head west along West Market Street to the Dillard’s parking lot at Summit Mall.
Other Independence Day celebrations also are taking place throughout the area. For a listing of events, see “July 4 celebrations span full week” in the June 26, 2014, issue or visit the archives at www.akron.com.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014