Fairlawn fireworks begin July Fourth celebrations
|Photos: Dale Dong|
The evening began with a concert by The Brass Band of the Western Reserve, followed by fireworks, shown at right top.
Among those at the event was Bath resident Norm Schmidt, who comes to the event annually dressed as Uncle Sam, shown at right bottom.
New to the event this year were food trucks, some of which are shown above, offering visitors a variety of fare.
Fairlawn’s celebration will continue tomorrow, July 4, at 6:30 p.m. with its annual Fourth of July Parade on West Market Street. The parade will begin from Fairlawn Town Centre and head west along West Market Street to the Dillard’s parking lot at Summit Mall.
Other Independence Day celebrations also are taking place throughout the area. For a listing of events, see “July 4 celebrations span full week” in the June 26, 2014, issue or visit the archives at www.akron.com.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- State Route 18 projects to begin in summer
- Copley’s Winterfest puts fun on ice
- APS exploring funds for waiting building projects
- Richfield Council delays water tower vote
- West Side News & Notes
- County Council committee chairs questioned
- Akron City Council evaluates capital budget
- Fairlawn mayor calls city’s financial condition ‘sound’
- Norton looking to sink sewer costs
- Falls Council reappoints member to library board
- Bath trustees approve sale of fire department vehicle
- Peninsula Council on third try makes quorum for meeting
- Copley exploring contract with single trash hauler
- Richfield trustees approve fire/EMS contract
- Granger trustees hear presentation on fire prevention
Calendar of Events
- Balsamic Vinegar of Modena: A Fruity Tasting Experience - 1/29/2015
- Akron Metro Parks Hiking Club hikes - 1/29/2015
- Baby Time: for ages 6-24 months - 1/29/2015
- Adults Beginning Drawing - 1/29/2015
- Ballroom Dance Lessons - 1/29/2015