Fairlawn fireworks begin July Fourth celebrations
|Photos: Dale Dong|
The evening began with a concert by The Brass Band of the Western Reserve, followed by fireworks, shown at right top.
Among those at the event was Bath resident Norm Schmidt, who comes to the event annually dressed as Uncle Sam, shown at right bottom.
New to the event this year were food trucks, some of which are shown above, offering visitors a variety of fare.
Fairlawn’s celebration will continue tomorrow, July 4, at 6:30 p.m. with its annual Fourth of July Parade on West Market Street. The parade will begin from Fairlawn Town Centre and head west along West Market Street to the Dillard’s parking lot at Summit Mall.
Other Independence Day celebrations also are taking place throughout the area. For a listing of events, see “July 4 celebrations span full week” in the June 26, 2014, issue or visit the archives at www.akron.com.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Akron City Council OKs Wallhaven project
- Derby celebrates 78th year
- Districting proposal making its way to ballot
- Richfield celebrating Community Day events Aug. 7-9
- West Side News & Notes
- Confusion follows Falls Council’s charter change vote
- Boston optimistic with switch to RITA
- Richfield Village officials still considering water tower sites
- Leadership Akron selects members of new class
- Granger firefighters promoted to lieutenant rank
- Sanitarium scrapbook preservation in works
- Area diaper collection a success
Calendar of Events
- “Hairspray” - 7/31/2015
- Croquet in the Garden: ages 12-18 - 7/31/2015
- The Selfie Show - 7/31/2015
- Crayon Batiks by Lawrence Walker - 7/31/2015
- Greased Lightning - 7/31/2015