Fairlawn fireworks begin July Fourth celebrations
|Photos: Dale Dong|
The evening began with a concert by The Brass Band of the Western Reserve, followed by fireworks, shown at right top.
Among those at the event was Bath resident Norm Schmidt, who comes to the event annually dressed as Uncle Sam, shown at right bottom.
New to the event this year were food trucks, some of which are shown above, offering visitors a variety of fare.
Fairlawn’s celebration will continue tomorrow, July 4, at 6:30 p.m. with its annual Fourth of July Parade on West Market Street. The parade will begin from Fairlawn Town Centre and head west along West Market Street to the Dillard’s parking lot at Summit Mall.
Other Independence Day celebrations also are taking place throughout the area. For a listing of events, see “July 4 celebrations span full week” in the June 26, 2014, issue or visit the archives at www.akron.com.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Community News
- Akron Council OKs Rockynol project permit
- Croghan Park rededicated
- Focus on speeding, other issues at Akron Caucus
- Bath Community Day is Aug. 2
- Summit, Medina fairs celebrate traditions
- Richfield fire chief commended for saving life
- Richfield trustees discuss mowing complaint
- Copley pet groomer reunites potbellied pig, owner
- West Side News & Notes
- West Side Education News & Notes
- New Springfield superintendent named
- Communities gearing up for Rock the Docks
- New Franklin charter changes headed to ballot
- Community event planned at East Liberty Park
- Kids Month celebrated in August
- Wingfoot One selected as new blimp name
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Windows 8 - 7/29/2014
- Pilates - 7/30/2014
- Intercourse the Collective - 7/30/2014
- “Summer Fun” Book Sale - 7/31/2014
- Works by Portage Path Community Learning Center art students - 7/31/2014