Independence Day celebrated at FreedomFest
The preholiday activities began on June 27 with the Taste of Green, which offered food from local restaurants and food vendors, along with entertainment.
On June 28, the event added hot air balloon rides, inflatables, games, paddleboat rides, Outback Ray’s Amazing Animal Show, the MacConmara Academy of Irish Dance and more. One of those activities included a mechanical bucking bronco. Shown at top is 8-year-old Teagan Minor, of North Canton, taking a ride on the machine.
A misting tent and a water slide helped to keep everyone cool on the hot day. Pictured below is 5-year-old Ashlyn Minor, of North Canton, enjoying the slide.
The day finished with a concert by the Journey tribute band Escape and fireworks, pictured above right.
Other Independence Day celebrations are taking place throughout the area. For a listing of events, see “July 4th celebrations span full week” in the June 27, 2014, issue or visit the archives at www.akron.com.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Downtown Akron retail, housing planned
- Sharon kicks off Christmas season
- Litchfield CLC accepted into IB program
- State auditor releases special report on open enrollment
- Falls Council hears utility audit report
- West Side News & Notes
- ADM Services Board recognizes Trailblazers
- Work on 2017 county budget continues
- Boston trustees discuss business not registered in JEDD
- Bath trustees reduce speed limit on Bonnebrook
- Bath Community Fund awards first grants
- Sharon trustees discuss Eagle Scout project
- Auditor releases report on open enrollment
- Lakemore lights up for holidays
- Downtown retail, housing planned on South Main
- Springfield district planning stadium improvements
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- Glass Fusing with Marianne Hite - 12/7/2016
- Weekday Walkers - 12/7/2016
- Christmas Cards Workshop - 12/7/2016
- “Once” - 12/7/2016
- Story Time - 12/7/2016