Independence Day celebrated at FreedomFest
The preholiday activities began on June 27 with the Taste of Green, which offered food from local restaurants and food vendors, along with entertainment.
On June 28, the event added hot air balloon rides, inflatables, games, paddleboat rides, Outback Ray’s Amazing Animal Show, the MacConmara Academy of Irish Dance and more. One of those activities included a mechanical bucking bronco. Shown at top is 8-year-old Teagan Minor, of North Canton, taking a ride on the machine.
A misting tent and a water slide helped to keep everyone cool on the hot day. Pictured below is 5-year-old Ashlyn Minor, of North Canton, enjoying the slide.
The day finished with a concert by the Journey tribute band Escape and fireworks, pictured above right.
Other Independence Day celebrations are taking place throughout the area. For a listing of events, see “July 4th celebrations span full week” in the June 27, 2014, issue or visit the archives at www.akron.com.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- City reports sewer savings after plan altered
- Tour offers peek into Copley landmark
- Akron tree ordinance sprouting changes
- Norton district returns to ballot for operating funds
- All welcome at GASP luncheon
- West Side News & Notes
- County Council OKs first set of employee contracts
- Council approves pump station location change
- Norton citizens mount referendum campaign on sewer transfer
- Council OKs Woodridge, Portage Crossing construction plans
- Copley trustees increase cemetery capacity with columbarium
- Richfield officials honor garden club for 80 years of service
- Trustees hear update on recycling program
Calendar of Events
- Yoga - 9/29/2016
- Rock-a-Bye Tales: 6 to 24 months - 9/29/2016
- Watercolor Screen Printing - 9/29/2016
- Tales Alive: ages 2-5 - 9/29/2016
- Travelin’ Johnsons - 9/29/2016