Independence Day celebrated at FreedomFest
The preholiday activities began on June 27 with the Taste of Green, which offered food from local restaurants and food vendors, along with entertainment.
On June 28, the event added hot air balloon rides, inflatables, games, paddleboat rides, Outback Ray’s Amazing Animal Show, the MacConmara Academy of Irish Dance and more. One of those activities included a mechanical bucking bronco. Shown at top is 8-year-old Teagan Minor, of North Canton, taking a ride on the machine.
A misting tent and a water slide helped to keep everyone cool on the hot day. Pictured below is 5-year-old Ashlyn Minor, of North Canton, enjoying the slide.
The day finished with a concert by the Journey tribute band Escape and fireworks, pictured above right.
Other Independence Day celebrations are taking place throughout the area. For a listing of events, see “July 4th celebrations span full week” in the June 27, 2014, issue or visit the archives at www.akron.com.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Dale Dong
More Community News
- Council OKs $450 million capital budget
- Chili Open golfers warm up for spring
- Summit County Council welcomes Walters
- Aggregation, personnel on Akron ballots
- Roundtable staying true to mission
- West Side News & Notes
- Copley Boy Scout troop celebrating 60 years
- Two Fairlawn Fire officers promoted during Council meeting
- Norton continues discussion of Nash Heights project
- Copley trustees approve funds for road repairs
- Falls addressing issues at Broad Boulevard railroad crossing
- Richfield Village celebrating 50th anniversary next year
- Richfield trustees get update on antidrug programs
- Granger trustees approve budget for 2016
Calendar of Events
- “Vagina Monologues” - 2/12/2016
- Gerald Albright - 2/12/2016
- Kinderealm: Snow: for ages 3-6 - 2/12/2016
- Boy Scout Troop 382 Fish Fry - 2/12/2016
- Exploring the Night Skies - 2/12/2016