Bath trustees hire key personnel
At the Bath Board of Trustees meeting July 7, trustees unanimously approved the hiring of Alan Garner as the park director/assistant service director.
Garner was hired as the interim park director/assistant service director in January after the resignation of Michael Rorar. Garner will be paid $28.37 per hour, with an increase to $30.29 per hour pending successful completion of a one-year probationary period, according to township officials.
After the vote, Garner thanked the trustees and said he is proud to call Bath his employer.
Also during the meeting, Township Administrator Vito Sinopoli reported the 2015 budget hearing was held the morning of July 7 and the budget for 2015 is about $12.3 million.
In other business, the trustees:
- agreed to send a 2013 Ford Taurus and a 2013 Ford Explorer to the Akron Auto Auction July 22. Police Chief Michael McNeely said trustees had already approved the auction of these two vehicles, but with a typo stating they were from 2011, not 2013;
- agreed to pay Marcie Mason, a youth service officer for Bath and Copley townships, $21.34 an hour, which is a match to the contribution to her wages from Copley, according to township officials;
- agreed to post for a part-time police officer until Aug. 1;
- agreed to sell obsolete or unused property from the fire department on www.Gov Deals.com through July 22;
- agreed to pay Bath Tractor $2,039 for the purchase of an 18hp Billy Goat push blower, a replacement purchase for a 2001 16hp Billy Goat blower. According to Garner, the blower is used to clear leaves and debris from roads and trails in the parks;
- agreed to auction a 16hp Billy Goat blower on the GovDeals website through July 21;
- agreed to re-enroll with Frank Gates Service Co. in the amount of $5,247. According to Sinopoli, this company is the third-party administrator for the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation; and
- agreed to sign and accept the renewal of the lease agreement with Time Warner Cable for the property at 3840 Bath Road for an additional five years with a vote of 3-0.
The board’s next meeting will be July 21 at 4 p.m. in the trustees’ meeting room of the Bath Administration Building, 3864 W. Bath Road.
More Community News
- Health district moving to West Akron
- Runners get in Halloween spirit
- Granger voters to see road, fire levies on ballot
- Fire levy on ballot in Sharon
- West Akron man volunteering in Ghana
- Falls implementing civil dispute program
- Boston to receive funds from NPS
- Richfield mayor discusses village’s investments
- Granger trustees continue to review conservation easement
- Stow Court modernizing, shares info with Richfield Chamber
- OFSC presents funds to burn unit
- West Side News & Notes
- Lakemore asking voters to renew fire levy
- Acme celebrates opening
- Coventry trustees asking voters to support Issue 53
- Residents oppose proposed gas line through Green
- Springfield helping with Canton Road corridor work
- Health district readies for new home
- Green Fire named STEMI Award winner
- Green employee receives Patriot Award
- Students share green thumb efforts
- South Side News & Notes
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014